Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Guest Eamonn
On 11/10/2019 at 10:17, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yh, not sure they would be keen on moving games by another day as that has a knock-on effect for games just days after. But certainly expect similar to last year, 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 19:45 possible.

Its down for streaming on Amazon Prime.  Doesn't that make it lesd likely to move?

9 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

Its down for streaming on Amazon Prime.  Doesn't that make it lesd likely to move?

Again no it depends what they are trying to get out of it.

Commercially speaking this is a dip of the toe for Amazon to see whether they can make premier league football work on their platform, so whether they stagger the kick off times is dependant on how they want to analyse the viewing numbers.

If it was me I’d be doing it on active prime accounts so no need to stagger but we will see.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Guest Eamonn
15 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Again no it depends what they are trying to get out of it.

Commercially speaking this is a dip of the toe for Amazon to see whether they can make premier league football work on their platform, so whether they stagger the kick off times is dependant on how they want to analyse the viewing numbers.

If it was me I’d be doing it on active prime accounts so no need to stagger but we will see.

So we won't know k/o tome for a while yet?

On 12/10/2019 at 20:46, Manwell Pablo said:

I’d not say so as it’s amazon, they have the rights for every single game on Boxing Day so will televise every single game potentially all at 3pm. That said they could try and alter every kick off time bar one, depends on how they want to go about it.

And I imagine the delay Could have a lot to do with them working out the logistics of their match days.

Amazon are advertising that live Premier League games from Boxing Day will be streamed on the 26th and 27th December.

Screenshot_20191014-170533__01.jpg

Edited by nnfox

29 minutes ago, aussie-fox said:

It's bloody annoying me now, I'm over in the UK for the whole of December and I'm trying to organise a holiday around these fixtures!

incredibly annoying, I think ive mentioned before... when i went back in the league winning season i could only go over xmas... originally had four games locked in, then they moved the Man city game back one day...i missed it and ended up watching on the plane on the way home :(:) 

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

As in we will be?

Sheff U vs Liverpool is what he is saying I think.

Have heard rumours that due to Sky TV picks on 1st December, there can only be two fixtures on Tuesday 3rd December (as 2 day break is too short for teams) and that Amazon Prime wanted more coverage than 2 games one night, and 8 on the other. So they wanted Thursday 5th December as well. That then has a knock on effect for the weekend of 7th/8th December.

I wish the PL just told them all to feck off and stick to the dates. That's the problem when many people want a slice of the pie, they all feel equally obliged to get what they ask for. 3 TV companies, should just be one, works much better. One TV company who show every game.

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sheff U vs Liverpool is what he is saying I think.

Have heard rumours that due to Sky TV picks on 1st December, there can only be two fixtures on Tuesday 3rd December (as 2 day break is too short for teams) and that Amazon Prime wanted more coverage than 2 games one night, and 8 on the other. So they wanted Thursday 5th December as well. That then has a knock on effect for the weekend of 7th/8th December.

I wish the PL just told them all to feck off and stick to the dates. That's the problem when many people want a slice of the pie, they all feel equally obliged to get what they ask for. 3 TV companies, should just be one, works much better. One TV company who show every game.

You  can blame the EU and their rules re monopolies and customer choice except in this case like the Railways and the Water there is no choice even worse you have to pay 3 Companies to ensure you get to see all your team's game legally.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

You  can blame the EU and their rules re monopolies and customer choice except in this case like the Railways and the Water there is no choice even worse you have to pay 3 Companies to ensure you get to see all your team's game legally.

How so when other European leagues such as Ligue 1 and Eredivisie have exclusive deals with domestic broadcasters? This is about the Premier League trying to maximise revenue.

6 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Apparently the TV companies have made all their selections and it is down to the PL to give the green light, not like they knew about all this month's ago...

Today is the day! (Subject to changes)

You said that on Friday. And yesterday. lol 

• Like 1