Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Braga, Porto and Guimaraes all qualified for Europa League. There is some rule that there cannot be 2 games within 60 miles (I think that's the distance) of each other on the same day. Braga, Porto and Guimaraes are all within that distance of each other.

So, as there are 3, there is always a Thursday where 2 are at home. However, instead of moving each team to a Wednesday once, they have moved all three of Guimaraes' games to a Wednesday (who are in Arsenal's group). Spare a thought for their fans because it gets worse....

As Wednesday night is CL night, they cannot clash. Therefore, all of their home games kick off at 15:50 so it finishes before CL games start.

https://the18.com/soccer-news/europa-league-schedule-2019-20-vitoria-de-guimaraes

I cannot believe that! Wow

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is what, 3 days late now? Ridiculous. 

The issue is that the dates are not fixed The dates they give are only a approximate date of announcement

Probably making up for the one in August as that was 5 days before the date 

If the PL said, "this is when we've scheduled games, this is when we're playing them," would Sky say, "well we're not bringing any cameras then."?

I don't think so.

The PL should play hardball. They have a limited product in high demand, so they should be in the driving seat.

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If the PL said, "this is when we've scheduled games, this is when we're playing them," would Sky say, "well we're not bringing any cameras then."?

I don't think so.

The PL should play hardball. They have a limited product in high demand, so they should be in the driving seat.

Sky lines their pockets with too much money for them to play hardball.

11 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Bloody ridiculous that Arsenal has moved again. Already requested the Sunday off with it being moved originally. Booked Palace away off as well, why that one has moved I’ve no idea! 

Arsenal’s away tie against Vitoria in the Europa League has been moved from the preceding Thursday to the Wednesday afternoon, as a result of this...

https://the18.com/soccer-news/europa-league-schedule-2019-20-vitoria-de-guimaraes

So, our league match doesn’t have to be played on Sunday!

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I don't think so.

No, Sky would go: "We've just paid several billion pounds and signed a legally-binding contract giving us the ability to move games that suit us into the slots as part of the contract. Our lawyers will be in touch for breaching these conditions."

And you know what, Sky would win.

Time to lobby this is for the next round of UK TV rights, not now, unfortunately.

• Like 1