Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sky lines their pockets with too much money for them to play hardball.

You seriously think they'd walk away? The PL is their cashcow.

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

No, Sky would go: "We've just paid several billion pounds and signed a legally-binding contract giving us the ability to move games that suit us into the slots as part of the contract. Our lawyers will be in touch for breaching these conditions."

And you know what, Sky would win.

Time to lobby this is for the next round of UK TV rights, not now, unfortunately.

Obviously, but next contract time they need some balls.

Like I've said, they've got something Sky really want, in fact, pretty much need.

2 hours ago, EastNeukFox said:

Arsenal’s away tie against Vitoria in the Europa League has been moved from the preceding Thursday to the Wednesday afternoon, as a result of this...

https://the18.com/soccer-news/europa-league-schedule-2019-20-vitoria-de-guimaraes

So, our league match doesn’t have to be played on Sunday!

That’s fine, but at least with Newcastle home game moving there was a clear message to say it may move to the Sunday depending on European draw. That was not the case with Arsenal game. Moved to Sunday but nothing to suggest it could be moved again. When you have only four shift requests a month and have to book two months ahead, it doesn’t help! I’ll just have to await my off duty and swap it if I’m on duty

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Very odd pick of fixtures from the tv companies. Three of four Leicester and Watford games screened but only one of four Liverpool games. No one has picked palace or villa v Liverpool. Seems baffling. 

I'm really surprised they've both ignored our away games at Man United and Liverpool but Southampton and Crystal Palace are both shown.

• Like 1

Good news with the Arsenal game, originally at midday on the Sunday, lads golf weekend at Ashbury Manor and we tee off at 9am, 5.30 Saturday is absolutely marvellous. Last time we had a City 5.30 ko on this trip was when Vardy got his 11th in a row against Man Utd, is it an omen..... :scarf:

Crystal Palace vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Sunday 3 November
2pm kick-off

Leicester City vs. Arsenal
Premier League
Saturday 9 November
5:30pm kick-off

Leicester City vs. Everton
Premier League
Sunday 1 December
4:30pm kick-off

Also means our game with Watford will move from Tuesday to Wednesday given we're playing on the Sunday 

23 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Crystal Palace vs. Leicester City
Premier League
Sunday 3 November
2pm kick-off

Leicester City vs. Arsenal
Premier League
Saturday 9 November
5:30pm kick-off

Leicester City vs. Everton
Premier League
Sunday 1 December
4:30pm kick-off

Also means our game with Watford will move from Tuesday to Wednesday given we're playing on the Sunday 

Should be confirmed on 11th October according to the club email I got this morning. It can’t stay at the Tuesday surely

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Should be confirmed on 11th October according to the club email I got this morning. It can’t stay at the Tuesday surely

Exactly. I don't know why they just don't say its on the Weds! Unless they are planning to go a bit rogue and move the game to Thursday but that will only have a knock on impact! 

2 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Exactly. I don't know why they just don't say its on the Weds! Unless they are planning to go a bit rogue and move the game to Thursday but that will only have a knock on impact! 

Waiting for broadcast announcements for December/January on that date. See how many more times we get moved around. If it’s a Wednesday will they move Villa away on the Saturday and put it on TV... just have to sit in limbo for two more weeks

• 2 weeks later...

Coventry v Ipswich moved back to Saturday on Police Advice so it looks like Villa away will be moved to Sunday.

Bit shite because Villa is a good away day but makes sense and I’m still looking forward to this one.

• Like 1