Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not?! 

Exactly,boxing day is the day when other members of family come round,eat left over turkey,ham,sausage rolls etc from the "buffet".Have a few beer's or spirit's then go home at about 7.Now this would be good if the match was at 1,2,3(then i could avoid them for a bit of time).But 8 ruins it for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't see the problem with an 8pm KO on Boxing Day :ph34r:

(Announcing fixtures quite late is an issue, granted)

cor its a right bugger for me though, I'm in Thailand, that will be a real late kick-off

Normally I'd be a fan of an 8pm ko. But this ruins it for me.

Our village has a tradition of a boxing day tug of war, normally meaning the pub is open by 9 - 9.30 and a few of us take a crate down as well to watch, the old boys all stand drinking out hip flasks to keep warm lol as they call it.

No One is sober by about 10am let alone 10pm at night.

Then living out this way there is the transport issue, no trains running anyway boxing day, but no buses at that time of night, taxis will be at a premium, so that's a lot of people having to drive.

Can't see it being a popular ko time if I'm honest will be interesting to see what the attendance is like. This could kill the Amazon deal before it really gets off the ground. Although I guess they will only be interested in viewing figures.

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Boxing day fixture is a great tradition, but 8pm, that's frankly ridiculous.  3pm kick off is fair and gives fans of most teams the chance to get there and back hassle free. 8pm is ridiculous. Then clubs will wonder why its not sold out. 

The problem is, it will be sold out. So no one at the clubs will really care. And as I said above, the TV companies don't care about fans attending, it's about how many they can get to view matches. In turn, the clubs don't really care about the fans too much either, they get big money off the TV companies. That's what money does and the PL is the worst for it. Fans are at the back of the queue unfortunately.

I'm a hypocrite on this because I will watch from home happily and will watch most TV games whenever possible so it makes it easier for me, often go to the local on Boxing Day evening so least I will have someone I could watch this if I do. Saying that watching Leicester on TV in a pub against Liverpool or United where I live is infuriating.

But for the match going fans, its going to be a ball ache for them. Travel for Liverpool fans but also local travel is a pain on boxing day. Do buses run more regularly than they used too because I remember a boxing day fixture I went to years ago where I had to walk home due to no buses.

18 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Or really early? Won't even be Boxing Day anymore. I would write a complaint.

personally I would only count it early if I was to wake up to watch it. Most of the time if kick-off is before 3am I will just stay awake for it and brave the following day on little sleep. 

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Trains have never run on Boxing Day as far as I can recall.

I had the same thoughts. They shut down 25th/26th. Ridiculous really to shut down on Boxing Day knowing full well that there is a full day of sporting action traiditonally in this country. Even places in Europe (Germany for example) have trains running even though it is not as much of a busy day).

What about those that travel for work who don't get the 26th off and don't drive? Must be awful.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Can't see it being a popular ko time if I'm honest will be interesting to see what the attendance is like. This could kill the Amazon deal before it really gets off the ground. Although I guess they will only be interested in viewing figures.

Amazon are viewing it in the same way as NFL. Getting wall to wall coverage for the day. 

According to the Mirror, Amazon attempted to get another kick off slot for 26th/27th. Can only think they were considering 11am/1pm on 26th or an early kick off on 27th

13 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

even if there were trains running, an 8pm kick off on any day would be near on impossible to get the last train out of Leicester to Birmingham.

22:16 is it? It's possible but a rush back to the station (and possibly leaving a few mins early) if you are the far side of the ground.