Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Or, and this could come as a surprise to some, all at the same time :o :o :o :o 

Don't be so ridiculous. Apparently from 2021, Chinese TV is buying the rights. Meaning we will have a Saturday morning 09:00 KO and a Sunday morning 08:30 KO. Not to forget the Monday morning 02:00 KO for US television.

• Haha 1

As much as I do like it's stayed on Boxing Day, it's pretty shit for away fans (it's only Liverpool fans so my care levels are limited) - public transport is restricted on those kind of days.

Not that that ever matters to TV companies!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As much as I do like it's stayed on Boxing Day, it's pretty shit for away fans (it's only Liverpool fans so my care levels are limited) - public transport is restricted on those kind of days.

Gives all the local plastic scousers more of a chance of getting to see a live Liverpool game. Good for them I guess? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Boxing day fixture is a great tradition, but 8pm, that's frankly ridiculous.  3pm kick off is fair and gives fans of most teams the chance to get there and back hassle free. 8pm is ridiculous. Then clubs will wonder why its not sold out. 

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Don't be so ridiculous. Apparently from 2021, Chinese TV is buying the rights. Meaning we will have a Saturday morning 09:00 KO and a Sunday morning 08:30 KO. Not to forget the Monday morning 02:00 KO for US television.

Man this would be amazing 

Used to love the 11.30am boxing day games growing up, great time and got to do the family festivities as well.

Never thought I'd be going to one at 8pm.

8 o’clock on a boxing day sounds fu cking superb tbf. wish i lived local and could go.

all day on the ale with anyone and everyone, go the match, then roll straight out into one of the best nights out of the year. heroic. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

8 o’clock on a boxing day sounds fu cking superb tbf. wish i lived local and could go.

all day on the ale with anyone and everyone, go the match, then roll straight out into one of the best nights out of the year. heroic. 

Leicester city centre is pretty dead on boxing Day in my experience (all be it I've not bothered for a few years). Christmas Eve is the big un. But other than that I agree with your sentiment 3 games of football to watch in the pub followed by Leicester v Liverpool under the lights there are worse ways to spend your boxing day (like with the family).

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Leicester city centre is pretty dead on boxing Day in my experience (all be it I've not bothered for a few years). Christmas Eve is the big un. But other than that I agree with your sentiment 3 games of football to watch in the pub followed by Leicester v Liverpool under the lights there are worse ways to spend your boxing day (like with the family).

well yeah i’ve never been out in LC on boxing day but that does ruin my imaginary plan somewhat. 

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Quite like that as the home team tbh. 

Boxing day evenings are usually dull if you're stuck at home. 

8pm on a boxing day isn't a new thing though. Been plenty down the years. Not sure why the outrage

Really?   maybe me, but i'm struggling to think of any

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Quite like that as the home team tbh. 

Boxing day evenings are usually dull if you're stuck at home. 

8pm on a boxing day isn't a new thing though. Been plenty down the years. Not sure why the outrage

ok i give in...name them!:)

1 hour ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Gives all the local plastic scousers more of a chance of getting to see a live Liverpool game. Good for them I guess? :dunno:

They'll all be in our end :rolleyes:. Always notice the few who "celebrate" our goals a little gingerly when we play one of the big teams!