Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor - back on ?

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah I know what you mean he'd probably be well suited to the game up here.  Would obviously be a complete non-starter though given his wages and I'd also question if someone like him still has the hunger.

Big thing that seems to have went against him at Leicester is his price tag and that's not his fault tbf.

The bloke is a carthorse, slow, terrible touch, poor hold up player, and his work rate was questionable in most games.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I could get near Celtic’s team, and I’ve only got one leg. 

You would not make their World Class Reserves though...

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t mean as a straight swap obviously. Do you not think they’d be good enough for the Celtic first 11?

From what I have seen tonight, Kingy could get into their first 11.  Scott Brown would struggle to make most Championship/Division 1 Teams. Chris Sutton is the summarizer on Premier Sports and he is un-bearable - an absolute Brain Fart.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I'd say that's an exagerration, most of the teams we face are probably lower championship level, quite a few players from our league who don't necessarily stand out go down and have very good careers in the championship for example, guys like Bryson, Russell, Adam and countless others.  It's nowhere near the level of the EPL but it's not league 1 either.

Guys like Rogic, Ntcham, McGregor and Christie will be soon are being linked with £10-15m moves away, you guys can't seem to give King away.  I've seen quite a bit of him and he'd be lucky to make our bench tbh and there is absolutely no way he'd be anywhere near our strongest 11 when everyone is fit, if you genuinely believe that then despite what you say you can't have watched Celtic much at all.

This guy talks sense. C’mon chaps King is good but he isn’t Celtic starting 11. Lower champ starting or maybe top 10 bench but not Celtic first 11

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Some of those players listed in the slide at the bottom of the article would struggle to get in the Leicester Reserves lineup. McKenna as a Maguire replacement :crylaugh:

If this is referring to Scott McKenna of Aberdeen then you are absolutely correct, he's awful, like a big fridge!  I had cold shivers running down my spine when it was rumoured we were going to spend £7m on him last summer, another one of Congerton's brainwaves by all accounts!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Choudhury is not a creative type. He's very much in the same mold as Wilf

Choudhury in the development squad always displayed an excellent array of passing, and we started to see more of it in his last few games last season. I'd* be more than happy with him as backup - he's obviously no Number 8, but in case of injury we could easily switch to 4-2-3-1.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If this is referring to Scott McKenna of Aberdeen then you are absolutely correct, he's awful, like a big fridge!  I had cold shivers running down my spine when it was rumoured we were going to spend £7m on him last summer, another one of Congerton's brainwaves by all accounts!

You only had about 3.5mil rejected didn't you last summer? Always got the impression it was Celtic looking at buying McKenna so Aberdeen couldn't have him like with Hayes. Think McKenna is a decent defender but certainly not the most mobile like you say!

14 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

You only had about 3.5mil rejected didn't you last summer? Always got the impression it was Celtic looking at buying McKenna so Aberdeen couldn't have him like with Hayes. Think McKenna is a decent defender but certainly not the most mobile like you say!

As the window went on and we got the £9m offer from Fulham for Boyata we apparently offered £5m+ for McKenna but Aberdeen wanted £7m but we wouldn't go to that and as such never let Boyata go.

23 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

We're talking about a guy who couldn't get into the Derby team last season, a Derby midfield containing Craig Bryson who played for Kilmarnock in his time up here and who has now signed for Aberdeen.

To be fair he did get a season ending injury in just his 4th match for Derby, he appeared in every match he was available for before that, he would have very likely played in the majority of the games for the rest of the season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

As the window went on and we got the £9m offer from Fulham for Boyata we apparently offered £5m+ for McKenna but Aberdeen wanted £7m but we wouldn't go to that and as such never let Boyata go.

Fair enough. Think McKenna will bide his time with Aberdeen before going down to England when he gets the chance.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Choudhury in the development squad always displayed an excellent array of passing, and we started to see more of it in his last few games last season. I'd* be more than happy with him as backup - he's obviously no Number 8, but in case of injury we could easily switch to 4-2-3-1.

Puel came out and stated that he wasnt playing against the lesser sides because the creativity wasnt there. Personally, if nothing else I think Puel was a good judge of ability :dunno:   Yes we could get away with it every now and then, but if we genuinely want to reach top 6, would we really want to do that for a long succession if an injury hits us?  I dont think any of us have seen Hamza enough to make that call. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

That's him yeah. I'm just uncomfortable about signing players from Scotland after last time when we raided Hearts (shudders). 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

This guy talks sense. C’mon chaps King is good but he isn’t Celtic starting 11. Lower champ starting or maybe top 10 bench but not Celtic first 11

Lower championship lol that must be why the manager of a playoff finalist was crying his eyes out when he got injured.

Fine, you don't rate him but I think his career has more than shown he's a very good player at that level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Puel came out and stated that he wasnt playing against the lesser sides because the creativity wasnt there. Personally, if nothing else I think Puel was a good judge of ability :dunno:   Yes we could get away with it every now and then, but if we genuinely want to reach top 6, would we really want to do that for a long succession if an injury hits us?  I dont think any of us have seen Hamza enough to make that call. 

Which is quite scandalous given Nampalys Mendy's zero goals and zero assists in his entire career at Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Development isn't linear though. I think it's entirely possible that his physical attributes translated more easily to PL football and it is taking him more time to bring his passing to the highest level, and at the time Puel spoke what he said was true, but his passing has since improved. 

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Which is quite scandalous given Nampalys Mendy's zero goals and zero assists in his entire career at Leicester. 

Couldnt agree more. But tbf he did address the issue by going after Tielemans. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 17:24, Paddy. said:

Got to agree with this. I love Kingy as much as the next Leicester fan but the guy is a Championship-level footballer really. If you were being cynical you'd say he's done very well for himself contracts-wise in his career. It pays to be a superb professional! He'd have no chance of getting into Celtic's side. Not sure he'd get a game at Rangers either tbh.

if hes championship level then he gets in their team given their league is similar to league 1 ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

We done alright for a league 1 level club avoiding defeat against the best the EPL had to offer in Pep's Man City a couple of years ago, home and away, odd why we never got pasted like Burton Albion did last season if we're on a similar level.

We're of course nowhere near the level of a side who could compete at the top end of the EPL and most Celtic fans are fine with that, that's just the way it is but anyway who thinks we are league 1 level clearly has never bothered watching us nor pays attention to how we have done in Europe.  Ill informed ignorance.

Football snobbery is one of the worst things going, there is a thread on here hundreds of pages long pretty much deriding Man Utd and their fans arrogance towards Leicester but in the same vein you have the gutter element on here making snidy, ill informed, unsubstantiated digs at the Scottish league whenever possible.

99% of the time there is always a team higher up in the food chain than you in football that's the way it is, some people are great at looking down and being arrogant but can't accept the same when looking up.

Careful mate, the last McGregor thread was closed for the exact same common sense. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

We done alright for a league 1 level club avoiding defeat against the best the EPL had to offer in Pep's Man City a couple of years ago, when they failed to beat us home and away, odd why we never got pasted like Burton Albion did last season if we're on a similar level.

We're of course nowhere near the level of a side who could compete at the top end of the EPL and most Celtic fans are fine with that, that's just the way it is but anyone who thinks we are league 1 level clearly has never bothered watching us, nor pays attention to how we have done in Europe.  Ill informed ignorance.

Football snobbery is one of the worst things going, there is a thread on here hundreds of pages long pretty much deriding Man Utd and their fans arrogance towards Leicester but in the same vein you have the gutter element on here making snidy, ill informed, unsubstantiated digs at the Scottish league whenever possible.

99% of the time there is always a team higher up in the food chain than you in football that's the way it is, some people are great at looking down and being arrogant but can't accept the same when looking up.

? Great shout

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

We done alright for a league 1 level club avoiding defeat against the best the EPL had to offer in Pep's Man City a couple of years ago, when they failed to beat us home and away, odd why we never got pasted like Burton Albion did last season if we're on a similar level.

We're of course nowhere near the level of a side who could compete at the top end of the EPL and most Celtic fans are fine with that, that's just the way it is but anyone who thinks we are league 1 level clearly has never bothered watching us, nor pays attention to how we have done in Europe.  Ill informed ignorance.

Look Pal coming on the LCFC forum and calling some FT Members something from the 'gutter' (because they think the standard of the SPL is not great), is not really on in my opinion.  The post you quoted actually said it was the 'league' that was League 1 standard, not frigging Celtic.  May be reel your neck in a bit as people on here are entitled to their opinions, as indeed are you.   

• Like 1