Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Yohan Benalouane has joined Aris Thessaloniki after leaving Nottingham Forest

ByJames PallattDigital Sports Editor
14:03, 12 OCT 2020

Leicester City title-winner Yohan Benalouane is "ready to write a great story" with new club Aris Thessaloniki.

The 33-year-old defender has joined the Greek club, after leaving Nottingham Forest by mutual consent last week, on a contract until the summer of 2022.

"The transfer of Yohan Benalouane was completed tonight in Athens in the presence of the General Manager of PAE ARIS, Agisilaos Toumazatos," said Aris.

"The new transfer acquisition of our team will be integrated in the trainings on Friday, after first settling some of his personal obligations."

"The start of a new challenge, ready to write a great story! Thanks to all for the very warm welcome," said Benalouane, who played four times in the league for the Foxes during the season they won the Premier League, on Instagram.

On 07/10/2020 at 16:42, Mickyblueeyes said:

Well isn’t this great. I’d hate to see him go there but I grew up when Forest were a bigger club then us. Even when they got promoted alongside us with Collymore. To see them scraping around for players we previously deemed surplus to requirement adds further emphasis on our role as the East Midlands premier club.

Lol why did they buy him if they're going to immediately loan him out? Wasn't he 10 mil

On 13/10/2020 at 12:50, Corky said:

Andy King is commentating on the Wales match on TalkSport 2 tomorrow.

How did he do? I've never really heard him talk much but for some reason I assume that he's quite boring. I could be totally wrong. 

Seeing as he's being lined up as the next club ambassador I hope he's got something about him.

1 hour ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Permanent transfer to Fulham in July after being on loan.

Don't know if it was literally though.

informal
used for emphasis while not being literally true.
"I was literally blown away by the response I got"

Suppose you haven't spoken to anybody for the last 10 years or so :)

Edit: Also, thanks for the info. Seems ridiculous to be shifting him out now.
Edited by bmt

7 hours ago, bmt said:
informal
used for emphasis while not being literally true.
"I was literally blown away by the response I got"

Suppose you haven't spoken to anybody for the last 10 years or so :)

Edit: Also, thanks for the info. Seems ridiculous to be shifting him out now.

Sorry bmt - couldn't help it. 

I cringe more at many other things such as apostrophes - though not, I hasten to add, literally.

Just put me down as old school.

Or maybe just old:D

Keep smiling.

Feel kinda conflicted about this, but good luck to him! He'll always be ours really...okay and Brighton's 😉.

Edit: It's just occurred to me that he played under Hughton at Brighton. Makes even more sense now, and means he's likely to thrive!

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Feel kinda conflicted about this, but good luck to him! He'll always be ours really...okay and Brighton's 😉.

Edit: It's just occurred to me that he played under Hughton at Brighton. Makes even more sense now, and means he's likely to thrive!

I feel like I've been cheated on.