Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We made a real mistake with Kramaric he is top class.

Easy to say now. This is the problem we will have until Vardy retires/slows down though. Not many clubs have this problem, i'd say maybe us and Spurs are the only ones suffering for it in the sense we can't sign a good replacement until the key player has actually gone.

We also signed him at the wrong time, back then we played a very rigid system that he didn't fit in to even as a square peg. Right now he'd probably play where Perez does when we play 4-3-3.

He's turned in to a great player and i'm delighted for him. But really we've lost nothing from it because if he'd stayed he'd have produced nothing more for us than JV and our attacking wingers have done.

You could argue Iheanacho might flourish somewhere when he hits his prime and plays 90 mins every week.... but again he's not going to get the chance to do that here and even if JV got a season ending injury tomorrow, we'd replace him rather than letting nacho have the gig because, in his moments, he's not shown enough (that's much more his fault that it was Kramaric though)

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Easy to say now. This is the problem we will have until Vardy retires/slows down though. Not many clubs have this problem, i'd say maybe us and Spurs are the only ones suffering for it in the sense we can't sign a good replacement until the key player has actually gone.

We also signed him at the wrong time, back then we played a very rigid system that he didn't fit in to even as a square peg. Right now he'd probably play where Perez does when we play 4-3-3.

He's turned in to a great player and i'm delighted for him. But really we've lost nothing from it because if he'd stayed he'd have produced nothing more for us than JV and our attacking wingers have done.

You could argue Iheanacho might flourish somewhere when he hits his prime and plays 90 mins every week.... but again he's not going to get the chance to do that here and even if JV got a season ending injury tomorrow, we'd replace him rather than letting nacho have the gig because, in his moments, he's not shown enough (that's much more his fault that it was Kramaric though)

I can agree with most of that but I feel with iheanacho he is being groomed to take over from vardy in the next few years whenever his legs do go. If vardy was to do his acl say tomorrow I think we would sign a back up and iheanacho would start every game.

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I can agree with most of that but I feel with iheanacho he is being groomed to take over from vardy in the next few years whenever his legs do go. If vardy was to do his acl say tomorrow I think we would sign a back up and iheanacho would start every game.

Fair enough.

It's tricky, I really don't think Brendan fancies him... but then I thought that about Mendy and Praet.

Perhaps BR is taking the Klopp approach of giving players a season to bed in before unleashing them fully. (I know Nacho has been here longer... just mean under his management)

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 15:06, peach0000 said:

We made a real mistake with Kramaric he is top class.

Seems to have developed into a very good player and best of luck to him.

Not sure we made a mistake though. He never really got going with us.

And without him we won the PL, reached CL quarter finals, got the highest ever top flight away win and qualified again for Europe through league position.

I suppose we've done okay in his absence...

United to replace Harry Maguire with arthritic garden gnome with glass eye

5th October 2020

gnome-667x375-1.jpg

MANCHESTER UNITED have moved to strengthen their defence by swapping Harry Maguire for an arthritic garden gnome with a glass eye.

The England defender’s performance in United’s 6-1 defeat to Tottenham yesterday has prompted manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to scour the country looking for an improvement, and finding the gnome almost immediately. 

Solskjaer said: “The gnome isn’t the biggest, can’t run properly because of the inflammation of his joints, and is obviously monocular. It’s a fantastic upgrade on Harry, who we’ve told to self-isolate for the rest of the season.

“We’ve paid Dobbies a transfer fee of £16.48 and the gnome’s joining up with the rest of the squad after the international break. He’s not played for a while, what with the eye, the leg and the fact he’s a cheap pottery ornament that could only stop a football if it’s kicked directly at him. 

“But we’re confident he’ll soon replace Harry in our fans’ hearts.” 

United fan Nathan Muir said: “We had to act. I felt lower than I’ve ever felt yesterday, with the gloating Liverpool fans all over social media. 

“Oddly they went totally silent after less than an hour, though. I wonder why?” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/09/2020 at 15:13, AjcW said:

Good summary this I think.

I think it was clear from his highlight video (I know, I know) that he could finish and similarly everyone knows Nacho can too, but the key issue is like you said, where do they fit in the system. If we still had Kramaric he'd still be sat on the bench, perhaps as a better option of a sub than Nacho but who knows. It's a shame, but I'm glad to see he's doing well, and it just shows you that transfers and their success or failure are about far more than just ability. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anthony Knockaert linked with a loan move to Notts Forest.

Any excuse to see this goal again. And again.

Well isn’t this great. I’d hate to see him go there but I grew up when Forest were a bigger club then us. Even when they got promoted alongside us with Collymore. To see them scraping around for players we previously deemed surplus to requirement adds further emphasis on our role as the East Midlands premier club.

• Like 1