Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Watched two ex city players podcasts on Under the Cosh last few days. Obviously got to take it all with a pinch of salt etc etc. 

Gary Taylor Fletcher: Came across differently to what I expected. Clearly likes a drink and popular with the other lads but think he thinks he’s better than he was. (Which was very good I must admit) 

Sounds like he got a decent deal out of us first time he signed due to injuries to Nugent and Wood. Said Pearson nagged Terry Robinson to just pay what he wanted and sign him, plus he got him an extra year. But then went on to say that Pearson started behaving oddly with him and really messed him around towards the end. Made him do fitness runs with the u21’s in his last week with the club and stopped him going going to Thailand with the rest of the squad. Supposedly. I say supposedly because he gets quite a few little details wrong about games and how many goals etc he’d scored. Decent listen though. 

Wayne Brown: Came across ok actually I thought. Spoke fairly intelligently. Basically said he’s got an agreement with lcfc not to speak about what actually happened when he left re the BNP voting debacle. Said that it got twisted horribly and the stuff that was documented wasn’t necessarily all true.

Both decent listens, there’s some really good ex lcfc player podcasts on there. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Tommy Wright ( The younger one that scored against Forest !) has joined Leicestershire Police

https://www.leics.police.uk/news/leicestershire/news/2020/november/first-day-nerves-not-when-youve-played-in-front-of-60000-spectators/

Article says he's the third ex LCFC player to join the force.

Tommy Williams and Andy Peake the other two?

5 hours ago, isaidno said:

Kevin Ellison scores the winner for Newport.  Aged 41. 

Jesus, had to Google that. No idea he was at the club. One appearance! 

On a separate note, Riyad getting absolute pelters from Man City fans after his recent performances + tonight v Spurs. 

On 13/11/2020 at 12:53, TJB-fox said:

Watched two ex city players podcasts on Under the Cosh last few days. Obviously got to take it all with a pinch of salt etc etc. 

Gary Taylor Fletcher: Came across differently to what I expected. Clearly likes a drink and popular with the other lads but think he thinks he’s better than he was. (Which was very good I must admit) 

Sounds like he got a decent deal out of us first time he signed due to injuries to Nugent and Wood. Said Pearson nagged Terry Robinson to just pay what he wanted and sign him, plus he got him an extra year. But then went on to say that Pearson started behaving oddly with him and really messed him around towards the end. Made him do fitness runs with the u21’s in his last week with the club and stopped him going going to Thailand with the rest of the squad. Supposedly. I say supposedly because he gets quite a few little details wrong about games and how many goals etc he’d scored. Decent listen though. 

Wayne Brown: Came across ok actually I thought. Spoke fairly intelligently. Basically said he’s got an agreement with lcfc not to speak about what actually happened when he left re the BNP voting debacle. Said that it got twisted horribly and the stuff that was documented wasn’t necessarily all true.

Both decent listens, there’s some really good ex lcfc player podcasts on there. 

Where was the GTF podcast, cant find it anywhere?