Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

6 hours ago, KFS said:

This is a good listen if you’re looking for something on in the background.

Drinkwater, Marshall, Cameron Stewart all from the Man United-Pearson connection with unreal ability but ultimately struggling into their late 20s.

Most of the Leicester stories in the first hour, including Mills being a ****, the double middle finger at Barnsley and the size of Vards’ todger...

All the interviewers sat there laughing at him but can’t help but feel he completely wasted his talent. I thought he was the next big thing for us but clearly couldn’t put his small town lifestyle behind him.

Knocking back a personal request from Vichai ( who naturally offered to cover his losses) to attend a tournament in Thailand in favour of going on p*** with Nuge, Wellens and co in Las Vegas . 

He gives the the impression that he still thinks that was the right choice . 

7 hours ago, KFS said:

This is a good listen if you’re looking for something on in the background.

Drinkwater, Marshall, Cameron Stewart all from the Man United-Pearson connection with unreal ability but ultimately struggling into their late 20s.

Most of the Leicester stories in the first hour, including Mills being a ****, the double middle finger at Barnsley and the size of Vards’ todger...

All the interviewers sat there laughing at him but can’t help but feel he completely wasted his talent. I thought he was the next big thing for us but clearly couldn’t put his small town lifestyle behind him.

About to whack it on, they get good change out of the people they get on it so its a decent listen once you get past the chinwag bollocks.

He could have been brilliant, definitely not helped by hangers on.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Knocking back a personal request from Vichai ( who naturally offered to cover his losses) to attend a tournament in Thailand in favour of going on p*** with Nuge, Wellens and co in Las Vegas . 

He gives the the impression that he still thinks that was the right choice . 

Yeah the way he speaks about Vichai didn’t sit right with me, but then there’s nothing going on up there

5 hours ago, Walkers said:

Don't blame him for reacting like that whether the Spurs player was 10, 16 or 66

10 would be pushing it lol but if your playing mens football and you nearly break a guys leg then I think the least you can expect is a kick on the back of the legs. He's lucky it was drinkwater and not a 6 ft 5 CB to be honest because whoever it was was going to kick out or punch the little shit. The spurs player is supposedly very highly rated so I hope drinkwater and the people around him at spurs have put him in his place and made him realise that you don't do that to a fellow professional. Professional respect is a big thing in football, yes it can get a bit fiery but you don't go in two footed with straight legs with that much force ever. It's unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, ScrumpyJack said:

WIll definitely watch that tonight, great share. The Marshall 300 drum chant was brilliant.

Heard a few stories at the time that he was very friendly and affable to the youngsters in Narbs. He was a decent little player, until he wasn't.

Update: he is an absolute bellwipe. 

Love the update hahaha. Describes my viewing of this perfectly.

6 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I saw that. Not sure how old Ivanovic these days, but surely he’s better than Pelts? He was gash when he played for us about 8-9 years ago 

Decent defensively, terrible on the ball. Strong athlete who can head/kick it well, slightly surprised to see he’s done alright getting decent moves to Cardiff and West Brom! Never really suited the flying fullback role Sven wanted of him here. 

Naughton on the other hand :wub:

• Like 1

Damn, just seen that Drinkwater incident, what a nasty tackle, don't blame him one bit for squaring up regardless of the little scrote's age. If you can ride a moped and join the army at 16, you can sure as hell get nutted for two footing somebody with a rotten recent injury record.

I'm really hoping against hope that he gets playing first team football again at some level, and it kind of makes me cringe that the narrative is going to be about him slumming it and getting baited by kids in the U23s when we should really be talking about the disgusting lunge beforehand.

Edited by OntarioFox

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to put this but randomly came across our goals in 06/07. Grim times but worth a watch for nostalgic purposes. 

Highlight of that season was beating Coventry 3-0 at home. Preston away where Nils Eric Johansson scored a 90th minute winner. Scenes in the away end, some large fella jumped on my back, and my back has been broken ever since.  Lost 1-4 to Sheff Wednesday. 

Players who played for that time nclude Danny Cademarteri, Geoff Horsefield, Jason Jarrett, James Wesolowski (Aussie Ndidi) and Alan Sheeran

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Didn't know where to put this but randomly came across our goals in 06/07. Grim times but worth a watch for nostalgic purposes. 

Highlight of that season was beating Coventry 3-0 at home. Preston away where Nils Eric Johansson scored a 90th minute winner. Scenes in the away end, some large fella jumped on my back, and my back has been broken ever since.  Lost 1-4 to Sheff Wednesday. 

Players who played for that time nclude Danny Cademarteri, Geoff Horsefield, Jason Jarrett, James Wesolowski (Aussie Ndidi) and Alan Sheeran

Enjoyed that. Must be nostalgia talking but I did actually quite like that team. Stearman, Elvis Hammond, Andy Johnson, Tiatto, Hume, Fryatt, Josh Low, Johanson. 

One thing I did notice is how many goals from set pieces we scored. No surprise with Stearman, McCauley (especially) and McCarthy all playing. All could attack  the ball well. Kisnorbo too. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1