Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

7 hours ago, wurmer said:

The maximum sentennce for bribery in Greece is three years in prison but Maguire's lawyer said he denies all wrongdoing. She said: 'Maguire denies the allegations against him. Fortunately, we will get rid of it tomorrow.'

The chief prosecutor told local media that he expects Maguire to make an apology at the hearing. 

If he's totally innocent why would he need to apologise?

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sometimes it's the easy, quickest way out of a messy situation.

Sure is but they can't have it both ways, well apparently they can but everyone will second guess his guilt even if he manages to wangle out of it.

Mind you it'll be forgotten soon afterwards unless he's involved in something equally stupid.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

Sure is but they can't have it both ways, well apparently they can but everyone will second guess his guilt even if he manages to wangle out of it.

Mind you it'll be forgotten soon afterwards unless he's involved in something equally stupid.

I suspect it might be along the lines of:

" I didn't do what I'm said to have done but I was there and should've known better than to put myself in that situation so I'd like to apologise to the authorities for taking up their valuable time. "

His 'people' might also make a donation to the police's Xmas party fund designated charity.

• Like 1

Northampton Town have confirmed the signing of Lincoln City defender Cian Bolger on their official club website.

Northampton Town boss Keith Curle has moved to bring in six players for the new League One season, with the most recent addition coming in from Lincoln City. Defender Cian Bolger has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the Cobblers.

Bolger’s arrival was one of yesterday’s two signings, with Brentford youngster Luke Racic also coming in to bolster Curle’s defensive ranks.

The Northampton boss spoke to the club’s official website about the signing of Bolger upon the announcement of the deal, saying he is happy to have added someone with a “wealth of experience” at League One level. He said:

“Cian is an experienced centre back who knows his game and knows his strengths. He is very competitive and is an all-in type of character who is not afraid of the physical side of the game.

“Cian has played a lot of League 1 football over the last few seasons, he knows this level well, he knows what is required and is a very good competitor.”

Pete Norton/Getty Images SportPete Norton/Getty Images Sport

Bolger, 28, spent time in Leicester City’s youth ranks before moving on to Bolton Wanderers. Since leaving Bolton in 2014 for Southend United, the defender has gone on to play for Bury (loan), Fleetwood Town and Lincoln City.

Livingston look to former 5-goal Sunderland striker to replace QPR capture
Bolger will be hoping to help Northampton to a successful first season back in League One after winning promotion via the play-offs last season.

https://the72.co.uk/187964/former-leicester-city-and-bolton-wanderers-man-joins-league-one-side/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8671605/Former-Leicester-star-Matt-Piper-tried-life-battling-drink-problems.html

'I lay down on my grandad's grave to die': Former Leicester midfielder Matt Piper admits he tried to take his own life having battled with drink and drug addiction after retiring from football

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8671605/Former-Leicester-star-Matt-Piper-tried-life-battling-drink-problems.html

'I lay down on my grandad's grave to die': Former Leicester midfielder Matt Piper admits he tried to take his own life having battled with drink and drug addiction after retiring from football

He was on TalkSport with H and J after 3pm. Spoke honestly about it all, a good listen for around 10 minutes. Geoff Peters got a mention.

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The fans were waiting for Danny Drinkwater and this loaf of bread turned up in midfield.”

This bit made me laugh. 

Think this is probably a good indicator for a lot of people that you can have all the money in the world but without structure and constants in your life it can all feel a bit empty and it doesn’t guarantee happiness. I personally think too much has happened with him for him to get his career back on track at the top level but he could still forge something out in the Championship, he’s more than good enough for that level. I hope he gets the help he clearly needs and an opportunity to play some football somewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Actually makes me feel quite old! 

When he first scored that hat trick in the cup and then against West Ham I thought he was going to be a really good player, just never really got going at any of the clubs he joined after he left it seems