Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

When he first scored that hat trick in the cup and then against West Ham I thought he was going to be a really good player, just never really got going at any of the clubs he joined after he left it seems

A warning to our youth players who are disappearing off to Rangers!

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-nugent-leicester-preston-move-4509002?fbclid=IwAR1_u6qxhDVFQo9BGKSqK6wp0swdF-h-MyyEgm5O8oKMfwnmwGymzTO8hWk

"Former Leicester City striker David Nugent has been told to stay at home on full pay because Preston want him off their wage bill according to reports".

I can understand that there might be financial reasons for this - and that Nuge is in the twilight of his playing career now.

But I hope he finds a club that suits him - and am sure that he'd still have something to offer, even if it's character and experience, rather than brilliance on the pitch at his age.

One of my favourite players during his LCFC years. I always somehow imagined that he'd be a good character to have in your squad - a positive influence.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-nugent-leicester-preston-move-4509002?fbclid=IwAR1_u6qxhDVFQo9BGKSqK6wp0swdF-h-MyyEgm5O8oKMfwnmwGymzTO8hWk

"Former Leicester City striker David Nugent has been told to stay at home on full pay because Preston want him off their wage bill according to reports".

I can understand that there might be financial reasons for this - and that Nuge is in the twilight of his playing career now.

But I hope he finds a club that suits him - and am sure that he'd still have something to offer, even if it's character and experience, rather than brilliance on the pitch at his age.

One of my favourite players during his LCFC years. I always somehow imagined that he'd be a good character to have in your squad - a positive influence.

Surely they'd still have to pay him whether he's at home or at the club?  Also isn't he more likely to find a club if he continues to train,

Can't see any logic in that makes me think there's another reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Surely they'd still have to pay him whether he's at home or at the club?  Also isn't he more likely to find a club if he continues to train,

Fair point. Maybe there is more to it.....unless they just want to avoid any risk of him getting injured and are using the media to publicise the fact that he's available (possibly on bargain terms so as to get his wages off their books)? :dunno:

Good luck to him, anyway. I remember seeing him play against us for Pompey (and score against us,  unless I'm misremembering) and remember liking his demeanour (and his play) and thinking we could do with a player like him.....lo and behold...

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Fair point. Maybe there is more to it.....unless they just want to avoid any risk of him getting injured and are using the media to publicise the fact that he's available (possibly on bargain terms so as to get his wages off their books)? :dunno:

Good luck to him, anyway. I remember seeing him play against us for Pompey (and score against us,  unless I'm misremembering) and remember liking his demeanour (and his play) and thinking we could do with a player like him.....lo and behold...

Yeah he was a favourite of mine always looked like he was enjoying playing which seems a bity of a rarity these day, whatever the reason for him being cast out and I can't believe it's a bust up I wish him well. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, davieG said:

Depends on what sort of deal he is on, appearance bonus, win bonus, goal bonus etc. 

Disappointing thoUgh, particularly at PNE where he has done so much for them previously.

Bring him back

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Depends on what sort of deal he is on, appearance bonus, win bonus, goal bonus etc. 

Disappointing thoUgh, particularly at PNE where he has done so much for them previously.

Bring him back

But he could still train and keep fit everyone would benefit. 

Didn’t Nugent run to the ground once, for a game against Derby? I seem to think it was because it was snowing. 

I’d guess he’s at home due to either not wanting him injured, or to avoid bonuses or additional payments. 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Yeah he was a favourite of mine always looked like he was enjoying playing which seems a bity of a rarity these day, whatever the reason for him being cast out and I can't believe it's a bust up I wish him well. 

The club gave him a glowing send off when he left, not the usual "thanks for his efforts, wish him well" but seemed to detail how good he was around the place. Got a tremendous reception when he came back with Derby.

One of those players you could relate to.

• Like 2