Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

I know he isn't very popular on here but Riyad Mahrez has quietly had a decent season. 11 league goals and 9 assists in 1940 minutes (approx. 21.5 games). 

European Big 5 Leagues - Goal Creating Actions per 90 minutes

GCA90
1. Riyad Mahrez  Manchester City 1.39
2. Jadon Sancho  Borussia Dortmund 1.26
3. Josip Iličić  Atalanta 1.19
4. Neymar  Paris Saint-Germain 1.16
5. Lionel Messi  Barcelona 1.13
  Ángel Di María  Paris Saint-Germain 1.13
7. Kevin De Bruyne  Manchester City 1.06
8. Thomas Müller  Bayern Munich 1.04
9. Papu Gómez  Atalanta 1.01
10. Paulo Dybala  Juventus 1.00
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

I know he isn't very popular on here but Riyad Mahrez has quietly had a decent season. 11 league goals and 9 assists in 1940 minutes (approx. 21.5 games). 

It's mental really.

He's seemed kind of like a footnote at Man City since he's been there - I think a fair few of his goals and assists have been in thumpings (which does detract somewhat) but it's still a fantastic haul for that much playing time, a lot of which has been off the bench. If he was starting week in week out I can't help but feel he'd be making so many more headlines for his contributions.

City don't appreciate him as much as they should - I hope he's enjoying it there for all the fuss he caused.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It's mental really.

He's seemed kind of like a footnote at Man City since he's been there - I think a fair few of his goals and assists have been in thumpings (which does detract somewhat) but it's still a fantastic haul for that much playing time, a lot of which has been off the bench. If he was starting week in week out I can't help but feel he'd be making so many more headlines for his contributions.

City don't appreciate him as much as they should - I hope he's enjoying it there for all the fuss he caused.

The premier league on the whole will never truly appreciate how good that lad really is. He’s ****ing class. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It's mental really.

Yeah but all he does is assist and score goals. :ph34r:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-have-no-intention-to-accept-leicester-citys-offer-for-player-important-bet-for-future/

'Lots of players don't make it' - Gradel reveals why he rejected Arsenal for Leicester
Taiye Taiwo
@Tayo_taiwo

The Ivorian winger was offered a chance to start his career in Arsene Wenger’s team but he opted to move to the King Power Stadium
Toulouse midfielder Max Gradel rejected an offer from Arsenal to start his professional career with Leicester City in League One because they presented more first team opportunities.

The 32-year-old had a four-month trial with the Gunners, but snubbed a scholarship offer to continue his development in north London. However, he opted to join the Leicester academy with the promise of getting his professional career started at the club.

Gradel signed his first full time contract with the Foxes in 2007 and he spent four years at the club before completing a permanent move to Leeds United in 2010.

“One was the chance to become a professional footballer,” he told the Athletic   when asked about the Arsenal snub .  “That’s the point - not just a footballer but a professional footballer. It was my dream and having a scholarship didn’t mean as much. Lots of players with scholarships don’t make it.”

During his stint at Leicester, the Ivory Coast international was loaned out to Bournemouth in 2007-08 and Leeds United in the 2009-10 season.

The 32-year-old recalled how desperate he was to play at Elland Road by paying for his hotel accommodation.

“I was ready to use my own money. The club didn’t make me pay in the end but I was ready to do it,” he said.

“In Africa, the way we are and the way we think, we don’t need much to make things happen. To play in the street, you need a street and a ball. That’s it. So we played football all the time and every day.”

Toulouse are resigned to losing Gradel this summer following their relegation to Ligue 2, bringing an end to his two-year stay at the club.

The former Saint-Etienne midfielder did not hide his aspiration to return to Leeds for their Premier League campaign next season, and he also expressed his admiration for Argentine manager Marcelo Bielsa.

“He looks crazy and they tell you he’s crazy but he’s not,” Gradel said of Bielsa. “To me, he knows exactly what he’s doing. I don’t know him but I know this.

“There’s always a chance. While you’re still playing, there’s always a chance. Leeds are family. Leeds are Leeds. If it was to happen one day, I couldn’t be happier.”

• Like 1

On 03/08/2020 at 23:18, TJB-fox said:

The premier league on the whole will never truly appreciate how good that lad really is. He’s ****ing class. 

Football wise he's class. It's a stinking attitude that has surfaced repeatedly.

Pep, last season, had to tell him to wind his neck in a couple of times. Seems to be costing him dearly. 

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Football wise he's class. It's a stinking attitude that has surfaced repeatedly.

Pep, last season, had to tell him to wind his neck in a couple of times. Seems to be costing him dearly. 

Did he? About what? Must have missed that.

25 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Did you post this a month ago?

lol could have done just saw him being interviewed at Wembley so assumed it had just happened following Fulham’s promotion last night.

• Haha 1

On 03/08/2020 at 23:18, TJB-fox said:

More of a loss to us than Kante, longer term.

When you look back on the title season highlights you realise just how much he did for us and how much we miss him now.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When you look back on the title season highlights you realise just how much he did for us and how much we miss him now.

You must live in a parallel universe to the rest of us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seriously...

Roughly half of the games during his last two sasons at Leicester he used to go missing, it was apparent he was far from giving his best, probably just wasn't arsed enough after having his head turned by Arsenal and Man City. Can hardy compare that sulking, underperforming primadonna prone to throwing his toys in the pram to the ever consistent Kante who was always at the top of his game when he played for us.

It's quite obvious to me why Pep doesnt treat him as a key player, the skills are obviously there but he's just not as reliable and hard working as the likes of Bernardo Silva. A professional should be able to put in a shift every game, not only when he feels in the right mood. His stats may be great but doesn't show the full picture.

Edited by Chester Dontlie

4 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Seriously...

Roughly half of the games during his last two sasons at Leicester he used to go missing, it was apparent he was far from giving his best, probably just wasn't arsed enough after having his head turned by Arsenal and Man City. Can hardy compare that sulking, underperforming primadonna prone to throwing his toys in the pram to the ever consistent Kante who was always at the top of his game when he played for us.

It's quite obvious to me why Pep doesnt treat him as a key player, the skills are obviously there but he's just not as reliable and hard working as the likes of Bernardo Silva. A professional should be able to put in a shift every game, not only when he feels in the right mood. His stats may be great but doesn't show the full picture.

I think it's a fair comparison based on the title season. As for Kante who knows how he would have reacted if we had/could have held on to him.

Mahrez is a key player at Man City, Pep doesn't need to rush them into the team, see Benado Silva who hardly played in his 1st year there or play them every week as he is awash with resources.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I love Kante and what he did for us and despite Mahrez being a stroppy git he could provide that creative spark.

We've missed that spark more than Kante's ball winning IMHO.

Naive, Geoff. You're meant to repeat a load of angry opinions and pass them off as fact.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I love Kante and what he did for us and despite Mahrez being a stroppy git he could provide that creative spark.

We've missed that spark more than Kante's ball winning IMHO.

we were a disaster that first season after Kantè left even when we still had the creative spark of Mahrez 

Trio battle for Gordon
Preston North End, Millwall and Barnsley have all been credited with an interest in Walsall's £250k-rated striker Josh Gordon. He's previously been on the books at Leicester City, and scored 12 goals last season. (Daily Mail)

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-eye-transfer-swoop-ex-leicester-city-prospect-barnsley-step-chase-exciting-winger-championship-gossip-2945036?page=3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Trio battle for Gordon
Preston North End, Millwall and Barnsley have all been credited with an interest in Walsall's £250k-rated striker Josh Gordon. He's previously been on the books at Leicester City, and scored 12 goals last season. (Daily Mail)

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-eye-transfer-swoop-ex-leicester-city-prospect-barnsley-step-chase-exciting-winger-championship-gossip-2945036?page=3

Be good if he can get a move to the championship! Says he’s a winger but I thought he was a striker? 

Watched this evening the Cardiff play-off semi-final back in 2010.

Felt nervous watching it, still. lol

Miss a Steve Howard-type player as a centre-forward option and a Lloyd Dyer-type player on the wing..