Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Poor Danny.  It never rains...

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/01/26/revealed-how-danny-drinkwater-injured-himself-in-a-swimming-pool/

Danny Drinkwater will miss his Turkish debut due to injuring himself, apparently by over-celebrating Frank Lampard's dismissal.  It is reported DD pulled a calf muscle doing a double sumersault into a swimming pool at Kasimpasa's training complex.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, murphy said:

Poor Danny.  It never rains...

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/01/26/revealed-how-danny-drinkwater-injured-himself-in-a-swimming-pool/

Danny Drinkwater will miss his Turkish debut due to injuring himself, apparently by over-celebrating Frank Lampard's dismissal.  It is reported DD pulled a calf muscle doing a double sumersault into a swimming pool at Kasimpasa's training complex.

Cracking satire.

On 24/01/2021 at 10:55, LC/FC said:

Baffles me why he's still a free agent. Would do a great job for someone like West Bromley or a pushing championship team

• Like 1

Chilwell calling Chelsea 'the club I now love' is beyond nauseating. Six months in and he's fawning over a club whose fans he hasn't even played in front of. 

Wonder if he'll 'love' it when they're calling him a 'facking cant' when he shirks a tackle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Chilwell is only chasing the money and helped Chelski into 9th spot.

I can't fault him for going for A) a king's ransom and B) an objectively more successful and supported club.

This 'the club I now love' stuff is pitiful nonsense, however. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I can't fault him for going for A) a king's ransom and B) an objectively more successful and supported club.

This 'the club I now love' stuff is pitiful nonsense, however. Embarrassing. 

he’s probably realized no one is pining over him any more and actually we all feel we have a better LB than him so it’s probably helping him ‘save face ‘ to suddenly love Chelsea..

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’s probably realized no one is pining over him any more and actually we all feel we have a better LB than him so it’s probably helping him ‘save face ‘ to suddenly love Chelsea..

What's the suddenly 'in love' with.

The majority of the likable elements of a football club come on match day. The ethos, atmos, and history all evident. Aren't fans the life blood of the club? He doesn't know them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The majority of the likable elements of a football club come on match day. The ethos, atmos, and history all evident. Aren't fans the life blood of the club? He doesn't know them. 

it’s such an 11 year old girl phrase lol

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Given the reasons you’ve listed, do you think a fan from Africa or Asia cannot love a premier league club? 

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Given the reasons you’ve listed, do you think a fan from Africa or Asia cannot love a premier league club? 

And its also a different comparison isn't it? I'd assume that the emotional bonds a player feels for their clubs aren't developed in six months of a sterile environment that is not, and has never been, the emotional aspect of football. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Not in the same way we can, no. Not really. 

although i live in the states now, i’ll never forget the smell of pipe tobacco wafting around filbert street when i took my seat for the game... the smell of the toilets and catching a glimpse of the players before/ after  the game..

You just can’t compare the excitement/ anticipation.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

And its also a different comparison isn't it? I'd assume that the emotional bonds a player feels for their clubs aren't developed in six months of a sterile environment that is not, and has never been, the emotional aspect of football. 

You only see the players 90minutes a week, what goes on behind closed doors is unknown. Lots of places and faces we will never ever see/hear about that makes up the club. I get the point you’re making but only Chilwell truly knows how he feels about the club. Bizarre trying to comment on/slate him for how he feels

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2021 at 19:23, MPH said:

although i live in the states now, i’ll never forget the smell of pipe tobacco wafting around filbert street when i took my seat for the game... the smell of the toilets and catching a glimpse of the players before/ after  the game..

You just can’t compare the excitement/ anticipation.

I wish all foreign Foxes fans could smell our toilets!