Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Interesting to see Reading going great guns with two ex-foxes at the back: they lined up with Liam Moore and Michael Morrison at CB today, with the latter scoring the winner in a 1-0 at Rotherham. :scarf:

Morrison scored past (Leicester loanee) Viktor Johansson for Rotherham who sent on George Hirst (another Leicester loanee) as sub and also had Leicester lad Wes Harding in their side.

PS Matt Mills was alongside me for talkSPORT and I asked him (off air) about Nigel Pearson. Let's just say Matt's not a fan and they clearly have differing views over one incident in particular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Interesting to see Reading going great guns with two ex-foxes at the back: they lined up with Liam Moore and Michael Morrison at CB today, with the latter scoring the winner in a 1-0 at Rotherham. :scarf:

I always thought Morrison had something about him when he played for us. That being said I'm surprised to still see him around

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

PS: Matt Mills was alongside me for talkSPORT and I asked him (off air) about Nigel Pearson. Let's just say Matt's not a fan and they clearly have differing views over one incident in particular.

Alas, history does tend to be written by the victors. 

There was an interesting discussion here on that when he did a round of interviews last year. There's some rope to the idea that Pearson was trying to rid the squad of players too quick to believe their own hype and, while the situation with Mills was perhaps the harshest of the lot, the reality is he wasn't very good, overpaid and arguably thrust into a postion that was untenable purely because of his transfer fee and wage. I do feel bad for him but ultimately he never justified being captain once in a blue shirt, and he was supposedly the ringleader of the pushback against Nigel's squad overhaul. Which I don't blame him for, but again, was from a position he never should have had in the first place.

As a Northerner would say, he and a few others in the squad Pearson inherited from Sven were all fart, no sh*t. :fishing:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Morrison scored past (Leicester loanee) Viktor Johansson for Rotherham who sent on George Hirst (another Leicester loanee) as sub and also had Leicester lad Wes Harding in their side.

PS Matt Mills was alongside me for talkSPORT and I asked him (off air) about Nigel Pearson. Let's just say Matt's not a fan and they clearly have differing views over one incident in particular.

Have you got a black eye as well now, Geoff? lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Alas, history does tend to be written by the victors. 

There was an interesting discussion here on that when he did a round of interviews last year. There's some rope to the idea that Pearson was trying to rid the squad of players too quick to believe their own hype and, while the situation with Mills was perhaps the harshest of the lot, the reality is he wasn't very good, overpaid and arguably thrust into a postion that was untenable purely because of his transfer fee and wage. I do feel bad for him but ultimately he never justified being captain once in a blue shirt, and he was supposedly the ringleader of the pushback against Nigel's squad overhaul. Which I don't blame him for, but again, was from a position he never should have had in the first place.

As a Northerner would say, he and a few others in the squad Pearson inherited from Sven were all fart, no sh*t. :fishing:

Mills was always a weird one.

The outstanding centre back in the Championship whilst wearing a Reading shirt. Signed for us and forgot how to play football. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Mills was always a weird one.

The outstanding centre back in the Championship whilst wearing a Reading shirt. Signed for us and forgot how to play football. 

Hmm, not sure. Morgan was in the Championship team of the year in the two years before we signed him, he'd have a claim.

If I said Moreno, Micheal Lamey and Franck Moussa, what would spring to mind? I remember Moussa scoring against Scunthorpe with Chris Powell being in temporary charge, think the other two might have been Paulo Sousa signings. Cracking fashion sense, almost wish he'd done okay here just to see what gear he'd wear each week. To be fair he's done alright for himself as a manager. What an odd time, seems like a lifetime ago. 

Edited by Bamboo
Sousa is now Poland manager, good grief

https://versus.uk.com/2021/03/mason-holgate-demarai-gray-ivan-toney-soon-join-jamaicas-national-team/

Jamaica are making a play for a few English players with Jamaican heritage including Liam Moore and Demarai Gray.

They will both surely look at how much Morgan enjoyed playing for them and think it's something they want to get involved in.

I know I would.