Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Wolves are sooooooooo sooooooooo dull and defensive, absolute percentage stuff. Nuno is the Portuguese Pulis as others have said. Glad to see people are starting to cotton on at last and stop blowing smoke up their arse.

as boring as i think they are i think they'll challenge the top 4 (with utd struggling) next season. of course that depends on how helped out utd are and how screwed wolves are 

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

as boring as i think they are i think they'll challenge the top 4 (with utd struggling) next season. of course that depends on how helped out utd are and how screwed wolves are 

Agreed they'll park the bus right into Europe. Probably with a negative goal difference and the most 0-0s in the league!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed they'll park the bus right into Europe. Probably with a negative goal difference and the most 0-0s in the league!!

Half of our 0-0s this season were against you!! And that was with a goal ruled out for us in each.

You had three 0-0 btw. Only one less than us. 

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Half of our 0-0s this season were against you!! And that was with a goal ruled out for us in each.

You had three 0-0 btw. Only one less than us. 

Taking your Wolves hat off for a second, as a fan who sees most games surely you can't deny that Wolves play a defensive and negative style? 

It does work and get results - but my god it's grim to watch whenever I've seen your matches. Including against us both times.

10 hours ago, don_danbury said:

Can't see them getting any fruther than pushing top 6 which they currently do.

Said on here a while back I can't see Wolves ever breaking into the top 4 and I'll stand by that.

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Taking your Wolves hat off for a second, as a fan who sees most games surely you can't deny that Wolves play a defensive and negative style? 

It does work and get results - but my god it's grim to watch whenever I've seen your matches. Including against us both times.

Nuno has always been a defensive manager I admit that. I wouldn't call it negative though. When we play the better sides sitting in, not pressing until they come into our half, and trying to counter is just what we do. When we play the lesser teams we are more expansive and have more possession. 

We've had plenty of exciting games this season. You lot just always seem to watch us when we are keeping it tight at the back. 

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

Nuno has always been a defensive manager I admit that. I wouldn't call it negative though. When we play the better sides sitting in, not pressing until they come into our half, and trying to counter is just what we do. When we play the lesser teams we are more expansive and have more possession. 

We've had plenty of exciting games this season. You lot just always seem to watch us when we are keeping it tight at the back. 

Thing is against the lesser teams you can't use your normal style because they come for a point and get bodies behind the ball, so you are forced to adapt like it or not. (Not unique to Wolves this is a problem we've had since 2016 or so and you have to learn to adapt your game plan). I'm sure if Nuno could set up with 20% possession every game and play purely on the counter he would because a) wolves do it damn well and b) he is so risk averse.

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

Nuno has always been a defensive manager I admit that. I wouldn't call it negative though. 

He's organised. He improves players, squeezes the best out of players.

Similar to what MON did for us 20+ years ago but with a fresher, modern twist.

I don't get some of the disparaging comments towards Wolves from our fans or other fans.

We're similar sized clubs, similar fan bases, we're both "punching above our weight" (I say that in comparison to the established top six) and it wouldn't surprise me to see them above us next season, given their lack of European football.

From a media perspective he's not the easiest to interview. A dream compared to Puel but that's not much of a compliment lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What minute are we going with for the Man United penalty then? I'm guessing 50th.

Depends on the how the games going. If they are struggling to make an impact they'll get on as soon as they enter the Sevilla box. Could me midway through the first half.

• Like 1