Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

Yea I agree, the ref can’t call that a peno... from now on to be consistent the ref would have to give a peno to any player who receives a bit of contact, anywhere on his body And if the player falls over (dives) he must reward the peno! Let’s see how many he gives away!

shocking decision making Ole look amazing again.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Genuinely dislike the analysis on BT and football in general. Such generic crap they come out with

Savage was one of the biggest shithouses on the pitch when he played- forever making the most of minimal contact. He's not going to criticise anyone now.

Was it a penalty?

Man Utd 1-0 FC Copenhagen

7ffc07fb-d657-4934-9867-37ecb4830d47.png

Phil Neville

England Women manager on BBC Radio 5 Live

Was it a penalty? Yes.

Would you feel hard-done by as a defender? Yes!

At first, I thought definite penalty. Then on second glance I thought Anthony Martial made a meal of it. I would be annoyed if I was that centre-back.

:wes:

In his interview Ole was talking about Fernandes' penalty technique, tried to give an example, and got confused between about 3 games, man has been given so many penalties he cant even remember them all any more.

Then when asked about disallowed offside goals he said "It's objective, so we can debate it". You'd hope thats an honest mistake, but with the way he and his team operate, I wouldn't be surprised if he assumes all subjective decisions go United's way, and objective offsides or handballs should be debatable, because Greenwood's only a couple of feet off, an it wouldn't be fair to disallow a United goal, these poor underdogs have only got 2 80million+ pound players starting for ****s sake, give them a helping hand refs.

Edited by orangecity23

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Football is well and truly broken if that is a penalty that any pundit is prepared to say is justified.

What I think is absolutely mad about football now is that we've gone from frowning upon diving, to understanding diving (which I do)*, to actively defending it even despite the fact we have video referees analysing the decisions, to effectively encouraging it.

For all my corrupt shouts (and I think ridiculing the idea is absolutely absurd but we've done it to death) I did read a good tweet saying that Manchester United have simply played a very good numbers game on the sheer incompetence of the system in place, that they load the ball into the box, dive frequently yet because of the whole "clear and obvious error" know that they can't get booked for chancing it, hence why they get so many penalties for obvious dives like that one earlier.

I actually cannot believe we've hit a point in football though where people legitimately think that's a penalty. Just how the hell did we get to this point?

It's such a mess. I hate VAR but if I can give it one credit it really should pile some pressure onto football's governing bodies. It really has exposed so many flaws in the game.

* I don't agree with diving, however, I do think given the sheer ineptness of both officials, and even more so the governing bodies who have allowed this total farce to manifest, I cannot really blame players for diving when it's clear that there is everything to gain from it, and very little to lose.

• Like 3