Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's actually incredible how we beat them over two legs. What a night it was.

Vardy's shithousery, their manager losing the plot, Big Wes notching, Kasper's penalty save and the noise when Albrighton scored.

Went as I expected. We had a short burst of playing well for the first 10 mins until the energy dwindled, then it was all about trying to nick something against the run of play.

If the officials do their jobs properly we maybe have something to hang on to though. I'm thoroughly glad to see the back of this season's VAR decisions. 

Completely expected that we'd play that way 13 months after our first game of the season. 

We don't always play like that. The amount of games just took its toll in the second half of this season. We scored the 8th most goals in the league so we can't be that defensive. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Went as I expected. We had a short burst of playing well for the first 10 mins until the energy dwindled, then it was all about trying to nick something against the run of play.

If the officials do their jobs properly we maybe have something to hang on to though. I'm thoroughly glad to see the back of this season's VAR decisions. 

Completely expected that we'd play that way 13 months after our first game of the season. 

We don't always play like that. The amount of games just took its toll in the second half of this season. We scored the 8th most goals in the league so we can't be that defensive. 

Not that your biased lol

I have to say the majority of wolves games I see you're incredibly defensive minded.

Edited by foxfanazer

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's actually incredible how we beat them over two legs. What a night it was.

They battered us first leg but we scraped an away goal. They missed 2 penalties in the tie. On the balance of play in both games they were the better team but we did grind it out.

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Said it all season, their style of play is awful. They play like burnley but don't get criticised because their players are Portuguese not English so somehow seems more cultured but it's essentially the same thing.

My son has just made the Burnley comparison. If we'd played that way in an EL QF, the media would be saying how we'd been totally outplayed and outclassed. Instead, cos it's Wolves all of the pundits are still going on about how great they are. It does annoy me, I won't lie! 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Said it all season, their style of play is awful. They play like burnley but don't get criticised because their players are Portuguese not English so somehow seems more cultured but it's essentially the same thing.

Unreal how they get treated compared to Burnley when they both have very similar play styles.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

My son has just made the Burnley comparison. If we'd played that way in an EL QF, the media would be saying how we'd been totally outplayed and outclassed. Instead, cos it's Wolves all of the pundits are still going on about how great they are. It does annoy me, I won't lie! 

27% possession - poverty stuff

7 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

I’d place united as favourites for their VAR involvement alone to be honest. 

i don't usually care for nicknames but varchester and penchester united are pretty sport on. i think inter will win anyway. good that united get so far to miss out

Edited by don_danbury

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

13 months within a three month break* 

Bit revisionist this 13 month excuse. That was pointed out to me by a Wolves fan as well. 

2 games in 16 days Wolves have had. Should be returning some level of freshness

They weren't just putting their feet up and relaxing for three months. They still had a fitness training schedule to keep to every day. 

Just now, Corky said:

Wolves fans delighted to see him discuss their club, no doubt. Dean Saunders and Mark McGhee obviously unavailable tonight.

Bit like when Holloway was occasionally pundit for some of our games back in the Championship.

"It's a fantastic club, though they have had some dark times in recent years."

Yes we have Ian. You're not wrong.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

it's all those fancy names they have in their squad that deludes people. same with their manager. they're genuinely one of the most boring sides to watch(next to us) tbf lol 

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1