fuchsntf Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Bored of the Maguire thread.. So I just thought I would throw this in. It must be the relevant time to put the question forward..
Analysethis Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 The horrible thing about having great players is knowing that sooner or later they will leave. I remember having this chat with a buddy who supports Spurs back in the day when they had Modric, Berbatov and Bale. With that in mind, picking a captain must be a ball ache for the hierarchy. Players like Ndidi, Maguire, Evans would be my options and I`ll throw in Hamza as a future captain as well.
Tielemans63 Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 I'd give it to Maguire if it meant he stayed, I think he'd make a good captain. If he move on then it should be Vardy or Kasper.
Tielemans63 Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 I'd love to see Hamza captain the side in the long term. Would be great to have an academy product and local lad as the captain.
Nick Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 I can’t see BR not giving it to the current vice Captain.
Jimothy Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Club captain will stay as Morgan, team captain I imagine will be Schmeichel as it was whenever Morgan didn't play last year.
UniFox21 Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 6 minutes ago, Facecloth said: Club captain will stay as Morgan, team captain I imagine will be Schmeichel as it was whenever Morgan didn't play last year. No need to change it. Morgan was kept around for his presence off the field, would be counter intuitive for him to be removed of his captaincy
Xen Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Morgan whilst he's still here, then it gets passed on to Kasper - no question about it. He's become an integral part of the club since we started our resurgence and he bleeds blue now, as was evident with his response to the crash last year. Can't think of anyone better. He's only 32 as well, so assuming he stays until he retires (which I think is likely) we'd get at least 4-5 more years out of him too. Picking someone to follow after him is difficult as we'll have changed so much by that point. If he continues progressing and matures well then Choudhury could potentially be a good option. It might even suit Maddison in a few years time.
RutlanderFox Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 1 Morgan 2 Schmeichel 3 King (if he ever plays) 4 Vardy 5 Evans 6 Maguire (if he stays) 7 Fuchs (if he plays) Chilwell, Choudhury and Ndidi could be shouts in the future once they’ve matured more.
fuchsntf Posted 19 July 2019 Author Posted 19 July 2019 3 hours ago, Xen said: Morgan whilst he's still here, then it gets passed on to Kasper - no question about it. He's become an integral part of the club since we started our resurgence and he bleeds blue now, as was evident with his response to the crash last year. Can't think of anyone better. He's only 32 as well, so assuming he stays until he retires (which I think is likely) we'd get at least 4-5 more years out of him too. Picking someone to follow after him is difficult as we'll have changed so much by that point. If he continues progressing and matures well then Choudhury could potentially be a good option. It might even suit Maddison in a few years time. There might be a train of thought, of letting Wes position ride,until he leaves the playing staff... If one of them feels like taking it on,I would choose between Chilwell or Maddison,give it to one of these young guns,to make our youth policy complete. Show we are a positive forward thinking Club,ready to attract other quality young Players...
brucey Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 5 hours ago, Paddy. said: I'd give it to Maguire if it meant he stayed, I think he'd make a good captain. If he move on then it should be Vardy or Kasper. A player that needs bribing with the captain’s armband is not someone I would want as captain.
brucey Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Interestingly Evans was captain of the first half team against Scunthorpe, over Vardy. I imagine that means it’s Morgan > Kasper > Evans in line for the captaincy, with the captaincy only being passed on when the player has left the club permanently.
Fox seen in Norwich Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 22 minutes ago, brucey said: Interestingly Evans was captain of the first half team against Scunthorpe, over Vardy. I imagine that means it’s Morgan > Kasper > Evans in line for the captaincy, with the captaincy only being passed on when the player has left the club permanently. Not sure I’d trust that. Wes was also wearing the armband on the bench according to that, and sonch and Justin wore the same shirt number. as an aside has nacho lost the 8 shirt to Tilly?
Frank_mckenzie Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Nacho I believe asked for 14 as that is also his Nigeria number, which then put Tielemans to 8 and Pereira asked for 21 as he as had it everywhere else. But according to that we also have two number 2's
Nalis Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 1 hour ago, brucey said: Interestingly Evans was captain of the first half team against Scunthorpe, over Vardy. I imagine that means it’s Morgan > Kasper > Evans in line for the captaincy, with the captaincy only being passed on when the player has left the club permanently. Think I'd agree with that order. As much as Vardy is club legend, Evans strikes me as a more effective leader on the pitch.
coolhandfox Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 No, for me Morgan remains club captain until he leaves, he's earned that right with all his achieved with the club
BKLFox Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 Club Captain - Morgan Team Captain - Evans Team Vice Captain - Kasper + FA Cup Captain - As above Milk Cup, Wortho Cup wot ever cup - Fuchs
tylesta Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 14 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said: Not sure I’d trust that. Wes was also wearing the armband on the bench according to that, and sonch and Justin wore the same shirt number. as an aside has nacho lost the 8 shirt to Tilly? The bench?
Guest Manini Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 I just had a thought then, could Kasper realistically break our appearances record. He’s got 338 I think in total....Graham Cross played 600 times for us that’s ****ing mental.
Aus Fox Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 Realistically he’d have to play every game for about 7 seasons to break the record. He will be barring injuries a top 10 player, but can’t see him getting 600.
bfox Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 22 hours ago, Paddy. said: I'd give it to Maguire if it meant he stayed, I think he'd make a good captain. If he move on then it should be Vardy or Kasper. Personally, I don't see him as a leader. He's a good defender but he doesn't strike me as an effective communicator . Wes until he gives it up, then Kasper/Evans wouldn't be a bad shout. Vardy could of made an excellent captain. Maybe choudary in the future? he's got a tenacious drive which would stand him in good stead.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.