Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I really hope that article doesn't reflect the majority of Canadians. It's absolutely ridiculous to ask that question. 

I hope that's just clickbait by CTV and shame on them if it is.

Blatant racism is what it is.

Oh look our prime minister was  caught in brown face and black face.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Blatant racism is what it is.

Oh look our prime minister was  caught in brown face and black face.

Thanks for posting about it Jatt. Did some reading up on him. 

I do recall when Harjit Sajjan was named as our National Minister of Defence there was some fuss about it. Which of course was ridiculous as he was the most qualified and a bad ass mofo!

Shame that there's still people who just won't accept others who look different than them. 

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but I like to think it's the minority that do so here in Canada.

• Like 1

Trudeau - couldn‘t have happened to a nicer guy.lol

I wonder if the woman to his right in the picture will try to sue him for sexual harrassment.

Turns out we all have our brown skeletons somewhere in the closet, eh?

Hopefully, the media will be as relentless as they were in cases such as Kavanaugh.

The bubble is bursting. The vast majority of Canadians dislike him vehemently, he panders to the world with his virtue-signalling and forgets his own country. Also caught in a pretty nasty bribery scandal.

Hope Canada comes to its senses again soon and elects a more apt PM.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

Trudeau really should have ensured he was squeaky clean before professing to be so.

However, if he does go I'll be a bit sad about it because he's one of the few world leaders to even come close to taking scientific and environmental issues with the level of seriousness that they deserve.

13 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

So what are we saying here? Once a racist, always a racist? That would be a prejudice itself.

If this were true (once a ....ist, always a ......ist) what's the point bringing it up. It's effectively saying they can't help themselves.

Obviously wearing brown face make up is a big mistake. Tan eyeshadow is never going to go with chocolate lipstick.

Further to the above, people saying how "brave" Gareth Thomas was coming out about his HIV earlier this week, yet in the past 24 hours he said he wouldn't have gone public if the media hadn't threatened to make it public.

So not brave then. In fact I'd go as far to say, even if he had done it of his own volition, it has little to do with courage.

Both stories examples of people blowing stuff out of all proportions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Trudeau really should have ensured he was squeaky clean before professing to be so.

However, if he does go I'll be a bit sad about it because he's one of the few world leaders to even come close to taking scientific and environmental issues with the level of seriousness that they deserve.

I'm struggling with why dressing up as a brown or black person is racist.

If that's the case the most racist thing in the world is majority of the world having a white Jesus, FFS that man was brown.....nobody talks about that do they.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If that's the case the most racist thing in the world is majority of the world having a white Jesus, FFS that man was brown.....nobody talks about that do they.

Image result for black santa claus

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So what are we saying here? Once a racist, always a racist? That would be a prejudice itself.

If this were true (once a ....ist, always a ......ist) what's the point bringing it up. It's effectively saying they can't help themselves.

Obviously wearing brown face make up is a big mistake. Tan eyeshadow is never going to go with chocolate lipstick.

I wouldnt go as far to say he is racist but rather a stupid privileged little shit. I think what he did was lame and not becoming of a teacher let alone a leader. Can he change? Has he changed? Perhaps and of course he can. To say otherwise is daft. You know whats racist? when a guy says he likes you but wont vote for you because you have a turban on and you need to look more like him. 

Now with trudeaus record in the last year (or even his whole term) he should do the honourable thing, learn from his mistakes and step aside.

Also a 3rd occurence of black/brown face. He says he doesnt know jow many times he has done it and is sorry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatashaFatah/status/1174760285963505664

Edited by Jattdogg

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's fair, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you (and yeah, whoever Jesus was he certainly was dark-skinned).

However, a lot of people don't, and in the politics business perception is the key factor.

22 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Trudeau - couldn‘t have happened to a nicer guy.lol

I wonder if the woman to his right in the picture will try to sue him for sexual harrassment.

Turns out we all have our brown skeletons somewhere in the closet, eh?

Hopefully, the media will be as relentless as they were in cases such as Kavanaugh.

The bubble is bursting. The vast majority of Canadians dislike him vehemently, he panders to the world with his virtue-signalling and forgets his own country. Also caught in a pretty nasty bribery scandal.

Hope Canada comes to its senses again soon and elects a more apt PM.

Just absolutely hilarious, couldn't happen to more deserving person. It still won't knock him off his high horse though.

Imagine lecturing people on saying the word "mankind" when you appear to have spent most of your youth going to parties looking like you've just come off the set of the black and white minstrel show.

39 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just absolutely hilarious, couldn't happen to more deserving person. It still won't knock him off his high horse though.

Imagine lecturing people on saying the word "mankind" when you appear to have spent most of your youth going to parties looking like you've just come off the set of the black and white minstrel show.

Just playing devils advocate here a little, as I'm indifferent to Trudeau. I know a a little about him but I can't say I closely follow what he says or does.

So, are people not allowed to go on a journey. You're basically saying you can't believe someone would have a morals now when they didn't 20 years ago. You can't believe someone is tolerant now, when they weren't 20 years ago. Now I know the arguement will come back that if this was Johnson, Trump, or Farage, there would be outcry, but surely that's because they haven't gone on that journey, they still don't have those morals, they still hold those prejudices.

Like I say I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on Trudeau, but if he is as holy than thou as you say, maybe he should have owned this before it got out and admitted he was stupid years ago, and embraced the journey he's been on and made a positive of it. If that's the case, he certainly should face criticism for hiding it whilst preaching to others, but I'm not sure we should be lambasting people for growing and improving.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I wouldnt go as far to say he is racist but rather a stupid privileged little shit. I think what he did was lame and not becoming of a teacher let alone a leader. Can he change? Has he changed? Perhaps and of course he can. To say otherwise is daft. You know whats racist? when a guy says he likes you but wont vote for you because you have a turban on and you need to look more like him. [...]

Also a 3rd occurence of black/brown face. He says he doesnt know jow many times he has done it and is sorry.

I don't know enough about Trudeau to make too many judgment: e.g. whether he should stay or go. But I agree with the above.

The fact that he seems to have done blackface/brownface multiple times raises a lot more questions for me than if he'd just done it once.

If he'd done it once, you could think of it as an isolated bit of fairly harmless, immature misjudgment from young man of privilege (like Harry's Nazi outfit)....apologise, recognise the error, show you've matured and it could be dismissed.

The fact that he did this multiple times seems to suggest that, as a young man (and not all that young, frankly, if he was already a teacher), he habitually viewed being black/brown as somehow odd and amusing....

Of course, you can still move on from that, but it seems like a significant blemish for an educated bloke in his late 20s (?) to have had such attitudes....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just playing devils advocate here a little, as I'm indifferent to Trudeau. I know a a little about him but I can't say I closely follow what he says or does.

So, are people not allowed to go on a journey. You're basically saying you can't believe someone would have a morals now when they didn't 20 years ago. You can't believe someone is tolerant now, when they weren't 20 years ago. Now I know the arguement will come back that if this was Johnson, Trump, or Farage, there would be outcry, but surely that's because they haven't gone on that journey, they still don't have those morals, they still hold those prejudices.

So basically then if you spout left wing views it doesn't matter what you do or how you behave, first on climate change and now even when it comes to racism - how long before we are defending wife beaters providing they drop 20p in the refuge box a few weeks later and announce it on Twitter?

Even if what you are saying is true, a little bit of self-awareness would have been nice from him. He maybe should have told us himself and apologised rather than hope to keep it hidden from public view? 

Instead he's spent the last few years being the messiah of wokeness, pontificating on everything from sexism, to racism all whilst he spent his early years constantly doing blackface. Hypocrite of the highest order, now defended by the hypocrites of the highest order. 

Hopefully the voters of Canada will send the Castro loving dissembler back to the hole he crawled out of.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

So basically then if you spout left wing views it doesn't matter what you do or how you behave, first on climate change and now even when it comes to racism - how long before we are defending wife beaters providing they drop 20p in the refuge box a few weeks later and announce it on Twitter?

Even if what you are saying is true, a little bit of self-awareness would have been nice from him. He maybe should have told us himself and apologised rather than hope to keep it hidden from public view? 

Instead he's spent the last few years being the messiah of wokeness, pontificating on everything from sexism, to racism all whilst he spent his early years constantly doing blackface. Hypocrite of the highest order, now defended by the hypocrites of the highest order. 

Hopefully the voters of Canada will send the Castro loving dissembler back to the hole he crawled out of.

While I agree with you about the hypocrisy and that Trudeau really should have come clean about this from the start (and I know you might not want to hear this Matt and it's repeating an argument made a few pages back)...to a degree, as long as they execute a successful solution to the climate change problem, world leaders, whether right or left wing, can do as they like in other areas, provided there is no one else with better credentials offering a similar solution as part of their own policy.

This is because, short of an absolutely horrible 1984-style dystopia run either by hardcore Stalinists or neofascists, the potential consequences of not doing the correct things about climate change is worse than anything they could do. And to be honest, the further we go down that road the more likely world governments turn to that kind of extreme anyway as key resources begin to dwindle.

I think people underestimate just how unpleasant nature can be by comparison to humans because we've seen a lot of human depravity and we're as such suitably afraid of it but not really seen much of the Earth's truly bad face and so not nearly afraid enough of that.

NB. It's good to see you contributing in Gen Chat again.

Edited by leicsmac

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

While I agree with you about the hypocrisy and that Trudeau really should have come clean about this from the start (and I know you might not want to hear this Matt and it's repeating an argument made a few pages back)...to a degree, as long as they execute a successful solution to the climate change problem, world leaders, whether right or left wing, can do as they like in other areas, provided there is no one else with better credentials offering a similar solution as part of their own policy.

This is because, short of an absolutely horrible 1984-style dystopia run either by hardcore Stalinists or neofascists, the potential consequences of not doing the correct things about climate change is worse than anything they could do. And to be honest, the further we go down that road the more likely world governments turn to that kind of extreme anyway as key resources begin to dwindle.

Wow full-scale Machiavelli

You would have thought that Trudeau would have had a tiny bit more sense. Being the son of a former PM it's baffling how he wasn't guided down a non racist path. I would imagine he had the very best education. Also how many times did he "black up"? I've heard it was more than 20 times. I think he's a lovely liberal racist, no suprise to me.