Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Not saying it's for everyone, because everyone reacts differently to a diet.

Just that it does work for some.

Personally, I couldn't stand just living on crisps or chips or meat alone. I need diversity on my plate. Meat is mostly reserved for special occasions, holidays, the weekend.

Yes ditto, couldn't imagine eating the same one or two things all the time. 

Any short term fix is exactly is at suggests generally too, short term. I don't really believe in 'diets' in the traditional sense either, changing your lifestyle and eating habits long term is far better for you than eating some ridiculous diet for a few weeks and then reverting to your old habits. 

57 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

On the other hand, a purely meat-based diet has allegedly helped some people with skin irritations, auto-immune diseases, weight problems, fatigue, depression and sleeping disorders:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

31 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Yes ditto, couldn't imagine eating the same one or two things all the time. 

Any short term fix is exactly is at suggests generally too, short term. I don't really believe in 'diets' in the traditional sense either, changing your lifestyle and eating habits long term is far better for you than eating some ridiculous diet for a few weeks and then reverting to your old habits. 

I'm not going to waste time reading such nonsense but I read recently his wife has been diagnosed with cancer.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought about putting this in the 'Amusing News Stories' thread, but it would've been harsh on this lad..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49586421

A pretty rare incident..

He should be seeing this as an opportunity. He'll never fall on his back again.

hHcGJAP.gif.008f5aab8961dfa3606d5df3a84829ee.gif

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely.

And yet, folks of this type have, right now, an inordinate amount of power in the most powerful nation on Earth.

"Folks of this type" Eh? For instance? And define "inordinate amount of power", please. Because there's still checks and balances in place in the US.

Trump isn't Christian, he pretends to be one so he has a particular portion of the Republicans especially behind him. Just as much as he isn't a Republican.

Besides, how is this even a story? The couple can get married anywhere else of their choosing, wherever the church is more tolerant.

And if this particular church wants to continue down that path, they're free to do so also. Only a matter of time before they go out of business.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

"Folks of this type" Eh? For instance? And define "inordinate amount of power", please. Because there's still checks and balances in place in the US.

Trump isn't Christian, he pretends to be one so he has a particular portion of the Republicans especially behind him. Just as much as he isn't a Republican.

Besides, how is this even a story? The couple can get married anywhere else of their choosing, wherever the church is more tolerant.

And if this particular church wants to continue down that path, they're free to do so also. Only a matter of time before they go out of business.

How is it a story that in 2019, in the supposed most developed nation on Earth, somebody won't allow a wedding to take place in their venue because the couple happen to be of a different race? It's not even a Church building.

Similar in some respects to the long running 'gay cake' case that it still doing the rounds in the courts - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/15/gay-marriage-cake-customer-takes-case-to-european-court

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

How is it a story that in 2019, in the supposed most developed nation on Earth, somebody won't allow a wedding to take place in their venue because the couple happen to be of a different race? It's not even a Church building.

Similar in some respects to the long running 'gay cake' case that it still doing the rounds in the courts - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/15/gay-marriage-cake-customer-takes-case-to-european-court

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion - I've seen places in the Midwest that look like war-torn Syria or Libya. The US are great in parts, especially when you have money, but decaying in many other areas.

Even major touristy cities see a rise of illnesses thought to have been overcome for centuries (I know it's the Daily Fail, so forgive me):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7375793/Medieval-diseases-lurk-LA-124-cases-Typhus-confirmed.html

Last time I checked, there were about a dozen churches in that Booneville area alone, and there are surely as many wedding venues around.

Won't be hard for them to find a place where they are welcomed with open arms.

16 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Absolutely.

And yet, folks of this type have, right now, an inordinate amount of power in the most powerful nation on Earth.

To be fair the bible belt has always had a huge amount of influence in the GOP.  The main problem in the US frankly is the Dems not sorting their shit out time and time again.  They are a majority, but can't seem to make the most of it.

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion - I've seen places in the Midwest that look like war-torn Syria or Libya. The US are great in parts, especially when you have money, but decaying in many other areas.

Even major touristy cities see a rise of illnesses thought to have been overcome for centuries (I know it's the Daily Fail, so forgive me):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7375793/Medieval-diseases-lurk-LA-124-cases-Typhus-confirmed.html

Last time I checked, there were about a dozen churches in that Booneville area alone, and there are surely as many wedding venues around.

Won't be hard for them to find a place where they are welcomed with open arms.

Oh, I agree. My 'most developed nation' comment was in jest at the 'land of the free' and self proclaimed greatest nation on Earth nonsense many peddle out.

The point isn't that they can't find somewhere else to get married, it's that the specific place they wanted to get celebrate their marriage in turned them away based on the colour of their skin, which is appalling. If my firm refused to act for an interracial couple based on my senior partners' religious beliefs, there would be a lawsuit and uproar; I don't see why this is any different. It's another of example of somebody hiding behind religion to justify bizarre and archaic beliefs, religion is not above the law.

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Fundie Christians, yes - and I make no apology about stating that IMO they threaten everything that doesn't match their ideal of the book of words they put so much stock in and while Trump himself isn't one there are a great many in both state and federal legislatures that are able to create and apply the law to apply those threats in creative fashion - ask a woman how difficult it is to get an abortion across vast swathes of the South right now, for instance.

As for the rest, DG made the point well enough - religious practice isn't above the law and if it is it shouldn't be.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

To be fair the bible belt has always had a huge amount of influence in the GOP.  The main problem in the US frankly is the Dems not sorting their shit out time and time again.  They are a majority, but can't seem to make the most of it.

You'll get no argument from me on the way infighting tears the Dems apart with regularity, but that being said I'm still going to place majority of the blame on the fundies who actually carry out the heinous stuff rather than the incapability of the other side to stop them.

47 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fundie Christians, yes - and I make no apology about stating that IMO they threaten everything that doesn't match their ideal of the book of words they put so much stock in and while Trump himself isn't one there are a great many in both state and federal legislatures that are able to create and apply the law to apply those threats in creative fashion - ask a woman how difficult it is to get an abortion across vast swathes of the South right now, for instance.

As for the rest, DG made the point well enough - religious practice isn't above the law and if it is it shouldn't be.

You'll get no argument from me on the way infighting tears the Dems apart with regularity, but that being said I'm still going to place majority of the blame on the fundies who actually carry out the heinous stuff rather than the incapability of the other side to stop them.

I might be wrong (yeah, unlikely, I know) but wasn't the CoE made exempt from gay marriage laws?

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_McGrath 

Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) is a parody Twitter user and author created by comedian and Spiked columnist Andrew Doyle. She is a social justice warrior who promotes extreme identity politics and political correctness on her Twitter account. McGrath characterizes herself as a "radical intersectionalist poet committed to feminism, social justice and armed peaceful protest," while her creator describes her as "a militant vegan who thinks she is a better poet than William Shakespeare." Doyle has written a book, titled Woke: A Guide to Social Justice, under her name, which was published on 7 March 2019. The character has received a polarised, though mostly positive, reception, and had more than 300,000 followers as of July 2019. Doyle has now created a live comedy show featuring Titania (played by Alice Marshall), which debuted at the Edinburgh Fringe on 13 August 2019.[1]

Edited by David Guiza
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_McGrath 

Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) is a parody Twitter user and author created by comedian and Spiked columnist Andrew Doyle. She is a social justice warrior who promotes extreme identity politics and political correctness on her Twitter account. McGrath characterizes herself as a "radical intersectionalist poet committed to feminism, social justice and armed peaceful protest," while her creator describes her as "a militant vegan who thinks she is a better poet than William Shakespeare." Doyle has written a book, titled Woke: A Guide to Social Justice, under her name, which was published on 7 March 2019. The character has received a polarised, though mostly positive, reception, and had more than 300,000 followers as of July 2019. Doyle has now created a live comedy show featuring Titania (played by Alice Marshall), which debuted at the Edinburgh Fringe on 13 August 2019.[1]

On my mute list you go, fascist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am not sure if it has made much news in the UK, but South Africa has seen an increase in xenophobic attacks, in Zambia there were riots in response, with some South African branded Zambian owned franchises (Shoprite, Pick N Pay) getting attacked, the rioters also went to the SA High Commission and set the sign outside on fire. A couple of local branded and locally owned businesses in the proximity of the larger franchises got caught up in it. So, basically the Zambians were protesting xenophobic attacks with their own xenophobic attacks. Irritating, and a bit worrisome. 

Anyway, enjoy this add from Nandos...

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49627153

Not exactly surprising that the oil and coal lobby are doing as much as they can to hold onto what they have in a changing world, I guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49633136

Bolsanaro: "No, no, you can't shoot those good Samaritans in the street, because then I absolutely would not completely ignore due process and let you get away with it and allow future intimidation and other shootings like it to occur. Got it?"