Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Londone

https://www.comptoirlibanais.com/restaurants/london-bridge

I went here back in March and the food was absolutely spot on and is really good value for money. It’s about a 20 minute tube journey from Covent Garden.

https://londoncocktailclub.co.uk/old-street/

Shoreditch is one of my most favourite parts of London and this is well worth a visit! 

I like Green Park for a wander around and of course it’s ideally placed for the whole touristy bit of Buckingham Palace, V&A museum etc 

Edited by waddadamadda
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Off to London on Sunday for a few days. Got decent restaurants sorted but does anyone have any recommendations for things to do in the day and evening? Staying in Covent Garden area. 

If the weather holds out, there's some nice places to go for walks - Hyde Park & Regent's Park etc.

Been London Zoo twice and enjoyed it both times.

There's some nice rooftop bars I've been to especially on summer's evening are decent. Last one I went to was Bar Elba in Waterloo.

Try and book Sky Gardens - free entry to top of the Walkie-Talkie building and you get 360 degrees aerial views of the city.

Or go to The Shard for similar views but it costs to buy tickets to go up there I think.

Natural History and Science Museums are superb. Especially as they're free, too. Can spend hours there and it's in Kensington which is a (very rich) nice area to wander about.

Camden Locks/Camden Market is great to explore too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Off to London on Sunday for a few days. Got decent restaurants sorted but does anyone have any recommendations for things to do in the day and evening? Staying in Covent Garden area. 

Pretty much anything you want depending on budget. Covent Garden is pretty central and the tube puts everything in reach. You are really close to Leicester square if films are your thing or Lego stores, or China Town Piccadilly circus is not far. If you like comedy then the Leicester square theatre normally has decent shows that are not going to cost the earth Soho theatre is also normally budget friendly but a bit more arty. Plenty of escape rooms if you like that sort of thing, and the usual plethora of touristy things. I always like the South bank to chill and people watch.

Edited by Captain...

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What restaurants are you heading to? I’m sure I’ve mentioned this to you before but there is an incredible tapas place called Barafina there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

What restaurants are you heading to? I’m sure I’ve mentioned this to you before but there is an incredible tapas place called Barafina there.

We are going to Hakkasan on Sunday and having their Dim Sum Sunday deal which sounds incredible and a decent price too.

Monday we are going to Galvin la Chapelle. We do need somewhere to go on Tuesday lunch though.

55 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

We are going to Hakkasan on Sunday and having their Dim Sum Sunday deal which sounds incredible and a decent price too.

Monday we are going to Galvin la Chapelle. We do need somewhere to go on Tuesday lunch though.

Nice, sounds decent.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Get yourself to Dishoom mate. There's a few dotted around London. 

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Musik pubs,around Convent garden....

Quick Tickets for Any theater....& shit man,get into the parks,if nice days are on the agenda, Plus Museums to cool down..!!! Even bunkers!

Ps:  nip into other Hotel foyers,sometimes they have a different Collection of Flyers && info..:D

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Madame Pigg is very decent

• Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 21:23, Unabomber said:

I recommend a club in Soho, I think it’s called The Cube. I can check it’s name if what I am about to say appeals.

They play all current music, a bit heavy for me, but then every half an hour an act comes on.

I can’t recall all the acts, I just recall one of them which included a nurse with hardly any clothes on bringing a very old lady on the stage. It all looks nice and calm until the nurse grabs the old lady, pulls her knickers down and spanks her arse.

Then she puts a funnel in her arse and pours liquid in it, the old lady then squirts the liquid at the audience out her backside.

I just wasn’t expecting to see anything like it. It’s just a “normal” club. The queues to get in are massive.

I can never unsee that, I was a little shocked. So shocked I went again the following year. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I recommend a club in Soho, I think it’s called The Cube. I can check it’s name if what I am about to say appeals.

They play all current music, a bit heavy for me, but then every half an hour an act comes on.

I can’t recall all the acts, I just recall one of them which included a nurse with hardly any clothes on bringing a very old lady on the stage. It all looks nice and calm until the nurse grabs the old lady, pulls her knickers down and spanks her arse.

Then she puts a funnel in her arse and pours liquid in it, the old lady then squirts the liquid at the audience out her backside.

I just wasn’t expecting to see anything like it. It’s just a “normal” club. The queues to get in are massive.

I can never unsee that, I was a little shocked. So shocked I went again the following year. 

Was there last night actually. 

• Like 1

Holborn Dining Room on High Holborn is excellent (it’s in the Rosewood Hotel 2 minute walk from Holborn tube, 10/15 minute walk from Covent Garden). Also, Odettes in Primrose Hill is good if you want to go further afield.