Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilbertStreet1

Heskey Autobiography

I want to read this, I mean I read Fergie and I hate man u. Heskey is, and rightfully so an ambassador for the Club, great guy and thank him for putting his own cash in to stave off administration. 

On a side note I know the extended family well, which gives me another reason to read it. 

• Like 4

I remember him coming in at home to Norwich as a second half sub, in what may well have been his debut, and literally terrorising them as he turned the game on its head. I’m not certain, but that may have been the day we appointed  O’Neill, too?? 

• Like 1

I remember me and a whole bunch of school friends all going to the open top bus during the 2nd league cup celebrations. I don't know if he does like it or not, but I vividly remember he was sat near the back of the bus, "Bruno" being chanted at him and him waving to us all in return, as the bus drove away from Filbo Street. 

Wow... I'm old.

44 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I remember him coming in at home to Norwich as a second half sub, in what may well have been his debut, and literally terrorising them as he turned the game on its head. I’m not certain, but that may have been the day we appointed  O’Neill, too?? 

Was 0-2 down and won 3-2😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Was that one of those live games you used to get on ITV on a Sunday afternoon? Seem to recall seeing this on TV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I remember me and a whole bunch of school friends all going to the open top bus during the 2nd league cup celebrations. I don't know if he does like it or not, but I vividly remember he was sat near the back of the bus, "Bruno" being chanted at him and him waving to us all in return, as the bus drove away from Filbo Street. 

Wow... I'm old.

I remember drinking in the huntsman (I think it is/was called), one of my mates at the time was a Norwich fan, he asked who I wanted as manager and said O’Neil though I doubted he’d leave them. Being on tv they’d reported that Martin had walked out. But being at the match I was unaware, the first I’d heard was when we were signing ‘where’s your Martin gone’ to the Norwich fans, He left in the nick of time as Walker was longed up to be announced the next day:sweating:

Heskey came on and ran them ragged. You knew then we’d got a player on our hands and the glowing reports we’d heard of him were coming to fruition.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Was that one of those live games you used to get on ITV on a Sunday afternoon? Seem to recall seeing this on TV. 

Not sure. I was at the ground and Heskey basically won the game for us by annihilating their full-back. One of the most impactful debuts ever, for us?? 

• Like 1