Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kalacs_Orthopedic_Shoe

Do You Collect Anything?

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

My other bizarre passion is vintage watches…. It’s been a hobby for years…. So many interesting designs and allows me to get my full geek on…

I have a few pretty rare bits and bobs that I’ve accumulated over the years

Every boy needs a hobby!

sone examples below 

ETZVrtZ.jpg

Opbreaz.jpg

9yzNfle.jpg

Quite like those ...   I have a good collection of watches too ...    and I like collecting knives ...   :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Quite like those ...   I have a good collection of watches too ...    and I like collecting knives ...   :)

Thank you

What have  you got?  Load of knife collectors in the watch collecting communities…. Not understood why they are linked?!!

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Thank you

What have  you got?  Load of knife collectors in the watch collecting communities…. Not understood why they are linked?!!

I think for me they are linked because of the detailed work that goes into making them .....    and in both cases they are something that I can use.

I've got a few Omegas, a few Breitlings, and several other makes including my first 'saved up for watch' a wafer thin Gucci ...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

My other bizarre passion is vintage watches…. It’s been a hobby for years…. So many interesting designs and allows me to get my full geek on…

Every boy needs a hobby!

sone examples below 

ETZVrtZ.jpg

Opbreaz.jpg

9yzNfle.jpg

Now we know why you are called wolfox.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Old antique/vintage tools. Nothing expensive, and I use them rather than display them. I just find them interesting.

I bought a huge job lot of vintage tools the other day.  Unfortunately I sold them on but if I get anymore I can send you pics in case there is anything that takes your fancy. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Every boy needs a hobby!

sone examples below 

ETZVrtZ.jpg

Opbreaz.jpg

9yzNfle.jpg

Some really nice pieces.  :)

I buy and sell vintage and antique watches for a living so although I do not really "collect" them I usually have 50 or so in stock.  It can be a dangerously expensive hobby if you get carried away. :)

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Now we know why you are called wolfox.

Totally lost !!!!  :dunno:

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Some really nice pieces.  :)

I buy and sell vintage and antique watches for a living so although I do not really "collect" them I usually have 50 or so in stock.  It can be a dangerously expensive hobby if you get carried away. :)

Thank you

You can get very giddy with these kind of things…. I am very careful with what I do do and don’t get…

Interesting line of business….  Such a mine field with these things though…. You  really need to know what you’re looking at…. It’s taken years of research to feel confident…. I imagine you’re well beyond me If your earning living!

i justify it, as I enjoy it and I am welll in the black if I needed to cash it all in…. Better the premium bonds!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Och I don't know that much and I steer clear of most modern watches as some of the fakes are amazing. I tend to try and stick to 50/60s mechanical watches and earlier, including pocket watches. Also I'm not a high end dealer (anything from £10 to about £1000) so often the watches I buy and sell aren't ones that would be targeted for fakes. It is difficult though but I enjoy it. I used to work for an auction house so I have enough seen a lot of items even if I've not owned them which helps get a feel for fakes. I sell Victorian and Edwardian jewellery too which is easier to authenticate and other random collectables and Antiques. I'll never be rich but I make enough to get by and it's  better than a real job. :)

I could have written that Rumble!

In a previous life I had a proper job and it was properly shit but antique dealing really is a piece of piss isn't it?

• Like 1

i used to collect old Noritake chinaware.  the hand painted stuff from the 30s, 40s era. some of the pieces were absolutely beautiful.  I had to sell it all when i left England. Surprisingly, there was quite a lot of it around in England and the states as soldiers stationed in Japan brought it back over after the war.

Stuff like this:

2726EC0B-33AC-493A-8E33-665244E95F3C.jpeg

70309162-AA54-481E-88F6-470A9F7B96AE.jpeg

EC3C0274-9B23-42BA-95E0-96807122772B.jpeg

4290832C-5371-467F-B591-F8F883B9525C.jpeg

• Like 3