Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Some of you guys are so inconsistent. For almost the entire second half of last season, last game and the first 70 mins of this game, many of you were questionning his corners, freekicks, passing and decision making in that final ball.

He then had a brilliant 20 mins (which I agree), everything else was forgotten. Fair enough I support him and Leicester, but it does not all

of a sudden make him a 120mil player. 

Players like Vardy and Barnes are always good when they play. With Barnes, it has never been whether he is good. It has only been whether he has been unlucky. Barnes is way better for me.

This, our fans get sucked up into the hype way too quickly, for a lot of the game he was very average today, thankfully he had the ball so much he was able to create chances but many of the times he had the ball he effectively played Vardy out of the game by failing to release the ball or trying to run with it at an angle that made it hard for Vards, he had a quality 2nd half don't get me wrong, but if people go back and watch what he was doing when he had the ball 40% of it was just pointless and actually playing Vardy into poor positions as he had to keep adjusting his movement to compensate for Madders running right across the midfield trying to take on 4 players at once. 

He's great in tight spaces but he's nowhere near a 100m player and never will be.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This, our fans get sucked up into the hype way too quickly, for a lot of the game he was very average today, thankfully he had the ball so much he was able to create chances but many of the times he had the ball he effectively played Vardy out of the game by failing to release the ball or trying to run with it at an angle that made it hard for Vards, he had a quality 2nd half don't get me wrong, but if people go back and watch what he was doing when he had the ball 40% of it was just pointless and actually playing Vardy into poor positions as he had to keep adjusting his movement to compensate for Madders running right across the midfield trying to take on 4 players at once. 

He's great in tight spaces but he's nowhere near a 100m player and never will be.

I fully agree. This, my friend, is what frustrates me when people dont see that and would, in your example, instead question Vardy’s movement and effectiveness.

Good to relate to fans like you who appreciate these things.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I fully agree. This, my friend, is what frustrates me when people dont see that and would, in your example, instead question Vardy’s movement and effectiveness.

Good to relate to fans like you who appreciate these things.

Yep, annoyed me to no end the amount of times Vardy was offside, purely down to the fact he had made multiple runs everytime only for Madders not to pass, then when he finally did pass Vardy was either offside or in such a bad position the pass was pointless anyway. They really did not click today, at all. 

Happy with his overall play and he definitely has the makings of a great player. It's more the fact he clicks in with this team. Most of his mistakes are more experience based for me. I must say the constant going to ground easily and throwing his arms up when the game is still going grinds my gears and rogers needs to have a word with him. 

His future value has no interest to me. What matters is whether he can be a part of a great team. 

Agreed with some of the sentiment on here, Maddison came alive for the last 25 mins but his decision making was poor at times, he is improving but he’s long, long way off from being a £100 million player.

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I’ll just post here buddy when he goes to Man City for 100m in summer 2021

mahrez didn’t have his talent at his age 

Nah, Madders is not Guadiola’s kind of player.

Madders can improve for sure. He has the right ideas but just doesnt execute well enough. If this is down to experience, he can learn. If it is down to foot strength, he can improve. If it is however down to speed of thought, then that is hard to improve. You see this in some players but not for others. I see a bit in Madders but not enough yet. Barnes already has it from my observations and Mahrez had it too, so they were/are always destined for great things if they keep being humble and keep at it. It is a fine line between world class and great, but it is very important.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Needs to fine tune his composure in front of goal and learn the art of when to be greedy and when not to be. He hasn't scored from open play since last December but that 2nd half masterclass from him tells us just how good he can be. Long way to go though and I hope this makes him want it even more, rather than congratulate himself. He looked devastated at that sitter he missed.

Twitter is just full of Man Utd fans drooling over him tonight. 

I'd be ****ed off if he went to United. If/when he goes, He needs to go to a club winning trophies. Not United. 

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Nah, Madders is not Guadiola’s kind of player.

Madders can improve for sure. He has the right ideas but just doesnt execute well enough. If this is down to experience, he can learn. If it is down to foot strength, he can improve. If it is however down to speed of thought, then that is hard to improve. You see this in some players but not for others. I see a bit in Madders but not enough yet. Barnes already has it from my observations and Mahrez had it too, so they were/are always destined for great things if they keep being humble and keep at it. It is a fine line between world class and great, but it is very important.

Are you related to Barnes or something? 

Comparing Harvey Barnes to Mahrez. I’ve looked through your post history and you seem borderline insane, you’ve previously said that Barnes is worth more than Maguire. lol

What have you seen in a LCFC shirt which makes him a £80m+ player? He’s played 23 times, scored once and got two assists. Hardly screams in the same stratosphere as Mahrez and worth more than Maguire... 

Edited by jaylcfc94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Are you related to Barnes or something? 

Comparing Harvey Barnes to Mahrez. I’ve looked through your post history and you seem borderline insane, you’ve previously said that Barnes is worth more than Maguire. lol

Haha. I am trying to get Barnes to play more (secretly hoping Rodgers would read FT!).

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Haha. I am trying to get Barnes to play more (secretly hoping Rodgers would read FT!).

I would like to see him play more aswell but to suggest he’s worth more than Maguire and ‘far better’ than Maddison is insane.

He had a great spell at WBA but haven’t seen anything in a LCFC shirt which makes your opinions anywhere near close. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

2 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

I would like to see him play more aswell but to suggest he’s worth more than Maguire and ‘far better’ than Maddison is insane.

He had a great spell at WBA but haven’t seen anything in a LCFC shirt which makes your opinions anywhere near close. 

Refer to second half of last season after he came back and the thread history here on FT (not of my posts but of everyone’s posts).