Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Refer to second half of last season after he came back and the thread history here on FT (not of my posts but of everyone’s posts).

So, just to confirm, you think Harvey Barnes (23 appearances for Leicester) is worth more than Harry Maguire thus making him an £80m player? 

Edited by jaylcfc94

40 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Absolutely not. Even if he has another brilliant season he will still be a 50-60m player. He will never be a 100m player. Ever.

As we whacked three past Hull with Maguire at centre back for them, I never envisaged him as a £80m player. 

Very, very early to write him off. Some may say well he drops in and out of games. The reality is he still produces something - very few players can be that level of performance continually for ninety minutes. You have to look at how De Brunye was absolutely marvellous for 45 minutes yesterday but couldn't sustain it. 

• Thanks 1

Just my opinion, but I'd have Maddison over Tielemans any day of the week.

Both fabulous players, but I genuinely believe Maddison could go on to play for a Real/Barcelona type club.

Unfortunately, some of our fans don't appreciate just how good he is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Please show me my post.

I will find it. One minute. 

In the meantime, you’ve said in this thread Barnes is ‘far better’ than Maddison. I would guess Maddison is valued around £60m. A far better player (two levels up from Maddison) who is a good PL player, therefore being a world class player, would be worth about £150m. 

Edited by jaylcfc94

He had such an inconsistent game. Both terrible and incredible in different parts!

It will be interesting to see how he progresses. He's certainly got the talent but he needs the right coaching. With him I sometimes think he's a bit too big for his boots and thinks he's already made it, but then he will do other things that make me completely change my opinion of him. I think when he started putting in a real shift he looked much better, though I think he goes down way too easily. If he stood up and just played the ball round the corner with a flick, our attack would speed up immeasurably.

At the end of the day I think he's at the perfect club at Leicester. He needs to play every week and needs a coach that can improve him. Rodgers did a fantastic job with Sterling, and though Sterling looked like a player with better potential, Maddison could yet come good. Certainly the way that Sterling has massively improved his finishing proves it can be done.

Maddison is a good player, but he could be a great player. That's the frustrating thing really.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

I will find it. One minute. 

In the meantime, you’ve said in this thread Barnes is ‘far better’ than Maddison. I would guess Maddison is valued around £60m. A far better player (two levels up from Maddison) who is a good PL player, therefore being a world class player, would be worth about £150m. 

I dont think this is how you compare players. I wouldnt put a figure on Maddison nor Barnes now. It depends on when the offers come in, at what stage of career they are in (at this moment in time I agree Maddison is ahead as he already has a full season in the EPL), what the other team needs etc. I am just saying that in my view based on what I can see so far Barnes will eventually be a better player than Maddison.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I dont think this is how you compare players. I wouldnt put a figure on Maddison nor Barnes now. It depends on when the offers come in, at what stage of career they are in (at this moment in time I agree Maddison is ahead as he already has a full season in the EPL), what the other team needs etc. I am just saying that in my view based on what I can see so far Barnes will eventually be a better player than Maddison.

Not what you said lol 

“Players like Vardy and Barnes are always good when they play. With Barnes, it has never been about whether he is good. It has only been whether he has been unlucky. Barnes is way better for me.”

Sounds very much you’re talking about now and not the future. Are you backtracking now you realise how ridiculous your post is and that you’re valuing a player who’s started about 10 games for us at £80m?

6 minutes ago, jaylcfc94 said:

Not what you said lol 

“Players like Vardy and Barnes are always good when they play. With Barnes, it has never been about whether he is good. It has only been whether he has been unlucky. Barnes is way better for me.”

Sounds very much you’re talking about now and not the future. Are you backtracking now you realise how ridiculous your post is and that you’re valuing a player who’s started about 10 games for us at £80m?

Not backtracking. Yes, I do think that Barnes is better now. So do many others here I think.

By your measurement through no of games, Maddison is only ahead by 1 season.  He was playing in the Championship a season ago. I am not sure that makes a big difference here.

I am also not sure what you are on about this £80m valuation. No logic to what you are saying by insisting that somehow I value him at £80m because of something I said in relation to Maguire (who is a defender; has big hype around him; and Man Utd happened to want him).

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not backtracking. Yes, I do think that Barnes is better now. So do many others here I think.

By your measurement through no of games, Maddison is only ahead by 1 season.  He was playing in the Championship a season ago. I am not sure that makes a big difference here.

I am also not sure what you are on about this £80m valuation. No logic to what you are saying by insisting that somehow I value him at £80m because of something I said in relation to Maguire (who is a defender). 

You think Barnes is better than Maddison right now? :fishing::fishing:

Who would go for more in the transfer market? Which one is currently a sub? 

Come on mate. That’s deluded 

Edited by jaylcfc94

53 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Some of you guys are so inconsistent. For almost the entire second half of last season, last game and the first 70 mins of this game, many of you were questionning his corners, freekicks, passing and decision making in that final ball.

He then had a brilliant 20 mins (which I agree), everything else was forgotten. Fair enough I support him and Leicester, but it does not all

of a sudden make him a 120mil player. 

Players like Vardy and Barnes are always good when they play. With Barnes, it has never been about whether he is good. It has only been whether he has been unlucky. Barnes is way better for me.

It's not inconsistent to criticise a player when they do something bad and praise them when they do something good, it's the rational thing to do. Just because you've made a definitive judgment on him and won't budge from it, doesn't mean everyone else has to. Congratulations on your appointment as Harvey Barnes' head of PR though mate, you're doing great work

Just now, jaylcfc94 said:

You think Barnes is better than Maddison right now? :fishing::fishing:

Who would go for more in the transfer market? 

Last I checked, Slimani costed us almost £30m. I am not sure that is a measurement of success or how good a player is necessarily. So I still dont get your insistence re transfer value.

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Last I checked, Slimani costed us almost £30m. I am not sure that is a measurement of success or how good a player is necessarily. So I still dont get your insistence re transfer value.

Generally the better the player the larger transfer fee. If you look at the top 10 transfer fees received ever, they’re all world class players or a teenage sensation in Joao Felix’s case hunted by biggest clubs in world. 

Who out of Maddison or Barnes would go for more in the transfer market? 

Edited by jaylcfc94

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's not inconsistent to criticise a player when they do something bad and praise them when they do something good, it's the rational thing to do. Just because you've made a definitive judgment on him and won't budge from it, doesn't mean everyone else has to. Congratulations on your appointment as Harvey Barnes' head of PR though mate, you're doing great work

I’ve never seen anything like it. He seems to think Harvey Barnes would go for more in the transfer market then Maddison right now.