Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Dude, what higher level is there??!

Regularly playing in either the europa league or champions league would be classed as a higher level. 

As well as getting a place in the national team and cementing it. 

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

Sorry call me mental but i find maddison infuriating to watch. he sees so much of the ball and does **** all with it. always chooses to go it alone rather than play in a team mate. does my head in

Created three chances yesterday that I can think of off the top of my head including one for himself, one of them goes in we win, all three go in we smash them. You’re focusing on when he doesn’t create or loses the ball instead, but creative players will always give the ball away by the very nature of what they’re trying to do. I say to the players in my kids team you’re not going to beat your man every time but keep trying, you only need to create one or two great chances and it could be enough to win the game. 

• Like 3

Surely we can see that Madders best position for us is central. He finds the pockets and is able to pull the defenders out. Left side I think he will be hit and miss. How you accommodate a mix of Him, Tielemens, Praet, N'Didi, Choudhury, Albrighton, Perez, Barnes etc is the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Personally thought he wasn't great yesterday but I can also see our set-up is doing him a disservice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. No doubt as a team we looked better and got on the front foot a lot more. He was really impressive receiving and carrying the ball, but it seemed to go to put when it came to final pass or shot. The same could be said of most of the lads yesterday though. Brains just seemed to melt when we got close to goal.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. No doubt as a team we looked better and got on the front foot a lot more. He was really impressive receiving and carrying the ball, but it seemed to go to put when it came to final pass or shot. The same could be said of most of the lads yesterday though. Brains just seemed to melt when we got close to goal.

You are not alone.

James Maddison has been a stand out performer in every league he's played in, however, although he is starting to stand out in the Premier league, to me he lacks one fundamental attribute, speed.. If he could somehow get quicker in a twenty yard burst he would be phenomenal. Very good player and still learning 

Lets hope Rodgers doesn't continue to shove him out wide. He is ineffective there.

Really annoyed me that a bloke behind me at the game yesterday was slating Maddison all first half. It didn't take a genius to see he's out of position.

Move him more central and bang, he was effective and by far the best midfielder on the pitch second half.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That beautiful whipped in delivery for Ndidi makes you wonder why he even bothers with the floaty ones, or the attempted pull backs along the floor.

Yes, he proved he CAN do it but he's not consistent. Just look at the over hit corners against Wolves and the ones where he could get it past the first defender. Keep practising lad.

18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

His post match interviews today showed some serious maturity.  He's held his hands up and admitted he should be scoring that chance. 

But the main for me was during his sky interview where wilf was obviously disappointed with himself, Maddison is chucking praise at him and trying to raise his spirits. 

Top quality pro there.

That interview also threw up a slight concern, when asked about the chance he missed he said "I need to be putting those away if I want to play at the highest level..." probably something and nothing but hope he hasn't got 1 eye on the door just yet.

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

That interview also threw up a slight concern, when asked about the chance he missed he said "I need to be putting those away if I want to play at the highest level..." probably something and nothing but hope he hasn't got 1 eye on the door just yet.

I thought he meant he needs to be putting those chances away if he wants to break into the England team. I think that’s what he meant by ‘the highest level’

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I thought he meant he needs to be putting those chances away if he wants to break into the England team. I think that’s what he meant by ‘the highest level’

I think people are taking the word ‘level’ to be something tangible. He played at two different levels in one game alone. I’m sure me means he can be as good as anyone when he says ‘the highest level’. He’s just played 90mins, will be a bit disappointed and be getting questions thrown at him left, right and centre. I wouldn’t read too much into his words. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Good point Izzy was thinking a little too 1 dimensional, the England team makes perfect sense :cheers:

• Like 1

very complimentary once again on MNF. couple of highlights when talking about our match yesterday saying he was very good second half. 

then they did their season predictions and neville had him as young player of the year or whatever it was. said he’s think he’s “outstanding, fantastic and will definitely be in the euro 2020 squad for england”. carragher agreed and said if there was one player outside the top 6 who liverpool would want to buy it could well be maddison. 

pretty high praise. 

go from about 2 mins in on this vid:

Edited by ScouseFox

22 hours ago, LestaAl said:

He is good but let’s not get carried away 

Lets get carried away!!!   ..we found a gem,lets Enjoy his developement and First Caps for England under Leicester colours...

Lets get carried away with our New wave of players....cut out the shitting misery ,and Bloody support and enjoy...or your own lives will Fly by..

Edited by fuchsntf

He’s ambitious ..... the coaching staff need to earn their dosh in his development over the next year or two (assuming we don’t sell him next summer)

if he is intent on leaving then I wonder just how hard he will want to take any advice on board ......

I am pretty certain that if he doesn’t make southgate’s squad, he will be off in the summer .....  someone will pay the huge fee we will demand, just like with Harry 

• Sad 1

On 18/08/2019 at 23:49, Beliall said:

Sorry call me mental but i find maddison infuriating to watch. he sees so much of the ball and does **** all with it. always chooses to go it alone rather than play in a team mate. does my head in

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

yeah i dont get it. he created a lot of chances but he got 7 goals and 7 assists, which is a pretty decent stat for the season, it leaves 86 times when he could have possibly played in somebody else or played a pass rather than going it alone. its not all about shooting. like i said, its just my opinion i just find him frustrating to watch. he ould be magical, hopefully he find that sooner rather than later