Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

He would be if he could finish. 

He will learn. This is a 10-15 goal a season midfielder in the making. Never mind the assists. £100 million all day long. The guy is mustard. Dodgy first half against Chelsea. But second half he was excellent. Again a few poor decisions, but it will come.  

• Like 1

His decision making and finishing is not up to standard for a 100M+ player. He needs to look at players like DeBruyn and David Silva and how they almost always make the right decision. He's young and got age on his side so I hope he does develop further. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sm1 said:

His decision making and finishing is not up to standard for a 100M+ player. He needs to look at players like DeBruyn and David Silva and how they almost always make the right decision. He's young and got age on his side so I hope he does develop further. 

Players like De Bruyne and Silva were around the same level at 22 aswell.  De Bruyne was a Chelsea cast off and David Silva only made 19 appearances in a full season for Valencia. 

Edited by jaylcfc94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is young so has plenty of learning to come. He created more chances than anyone in the league last season and created a couple more today but at times had a pass and didnt give it when he should and dwelled a little. I think thats down to match fitness though so it will come. He missed that big chance to put us ahead and missed it badly so we need him to be that 10-15 goal attacking midfielder in order to really help us but there is no doubt he has all the attributes to be a really top player. He isnt there yet and far from a £125m player but if he keeps progressing at the rate he has done over the last 12 months then he will end up being some player.

I wont play the coach,or a Panel pundit...This guy has something special...What He could,should do,doesnt interest me...!!

I am going to just sit back and Enjoy watching him develope and realise his potential...After watching last season the little glimpses of footballing magic.

I was sure he will turn out ,hopefully with Wilkes ( Mount too early) to be one of those fortunate gems,Football turn up. He just needs some of that Fortune

to Keep away from any major injury....I am so Happy we at Leicester have him on the City books. Tielemans  is going to be that cream,that will give him 

That service,support und take pressure from him,creating Space then vor Madders & himself..This then after a few games,should see both of them Feeding

Vardy & Perez.

I believe,it will take half a season still,to get this team meshing,und playing Smooth in a consistently basis...We are still young and our Real new Bbone of

Players have not yet had that long together....Fans OTT hopes that manifest as some  expectations,is still too early....

I See us hitting our straps around the New year period....with some mishaps on the way before then....Our Bline is turning into the Surprise unit,so BR can

develope from this platform... The DM players have to cut out PB- area mistakes, like today and from last season..but that will come!!!

We seen today,how this squad can start to dominante longer parts of the game.....I Feel too many posters expect Instant success,but I See BRodgers Team on a more consistent but slow burner result wise...

Again special mention in dispatches for......Soyu, Evans, und our austrian wanna be American.....our very own FUCHS.

He was involved a lot in the second half and made one great tackle on the near touch line that I never expected him to make, but the fact is he completely botched up the big chance to win the game and also messed up another opportunity with a lame cutback

It was good to hear him afterwards acknowledge that he needs to score more goals. It was a really candid and gracious interview. If he cuts out the diving, toughens up and learns to be more clinical with his shooting and final ball, then we have a quality player. I'm not sold on him just yet though and still reckon Tielemans is a far better all-round footballer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

What am I missing about Maddison? I find him incredibly frustrating to watch at times.

Then be a positive and optimistisch and look at the other times..With some posters,ist like in the old days,they buy a record,that gets stuck on the grove of

the boring A Side of the record,and forget the B Side has the hidden brilliance...

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

He was involved a lot in the second half and made one great tackle on the near touch line that I never expected him to make, but the fact is he completely botched up the big chance to win the game and also messed up another opportunity with a lame cutback

It was good to hear him afterwards acknowledge that he needs to score more goals. It was a really candid and gracious interview. If he cuts out the diving, toughens up and learns to be more clinical with his shooting and final ball, then we have a quality player. I'm not sold on him just yet though and still reckon Tielemans is a far better all-round footballer.

Think you've summed it up, my biggest bug bear is when he's brought down and not given a free kick he seems to sit there protesting... I want to see him get up and back at it!

There is a lot to like about the lad, but a couple of frustrating moments can really sour a game. Stats say he's a fantastic player, I just don't think he's easy on the eye and maybe that's it.

• Like 1

His post match interviews today showed some serious maturity.  He's held his hands up and admitted he should be scoring that chance. 

But the main for me was during his sky interview where wilf was obviously disappointed with himself, Maddison is chucking praise at him and trying to raise his spirits. 

Top quality pro there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Even at £60m he’s worth more than the price of his whole home city

I noticed soon after Rodgers came in he started to get more physical, it adds so much to his game. Plus the way he spoke up for Ndidi in his post match interview was pure class, I’d add 10m on his price tag for that alone. :)