Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Maddison £100/125m player

On 19/08/2019 at 00:52, Mickyblueeyes said:

His post match interview on Sky was so mature. Jumping in to back up his team mate and show a togetherness. He gets a bit of stick for being flash sometimes but he seems the type of character you want on your side

He definitely seems to have risen above his reputation as a bit of an arrogant twat and is proving himself to be a lot more mature than people seem to think. The whole situation with Sophie, interviews like that, self-reflection on bad performances, even his transfer here to be closer to home (rather than somewhere further south like Spurs) all show he's got his head screwed on and is focussed. 

He's sure of himself and his ability and he projects that in his mannerisms which is often mistaken for arrogance and leads to this negative image of him. He seems a fairly likeable lad and he's fully bought in to the squad mentality here and it's brilliant to see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

yeah i dont get it. he created a lot of chances but he got 7 goals and 7 assists, which is a pretty decent stat for the season, it leaves 86 times when he could have possibly played in somebody else or played a pass rather than going it alone. its not all about shooting. like i said, its just my opinion i just find him frustrating to watch. he ould be magical, hopefully he find that sooner rather than later

...or maybe the first someone could have put their chance away?

Either, way 'he does f*** all with it' is a wee bit embarrassing...

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

On the plus side he is very skillful and has a sharp brain , on the minus he has little pace and is physically lightweight . He needs to move the ball quickly and not get caught in possession and that needs the others to read his passes. The second half showed this can happen and the more they play together the better it should get . Usually getting picked for England is a sure way of ruining somebody's form Chillwell ? so beware of that..

16 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

...or maybe the first someone could have put their chance away?

Either, way 'he does f*** all with it' is a wee bit embarrassing...

embarrasing for who? its my opinion and im not ashamed of it. 

• Sad 1

One way or another this thread is so extreme in either direction that there could be some absolute gold in here in a couple of years time. I think he needs to improve in one of either two areas  - finishing or assists. If he can add goals he will be brilliant for us.

I wonder what Kevin Phillips is up to these days? Any chance he could come in and work with Maddison and Gray on their finishing as he seemed to help Vardy a lot when he was a coach here.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

One way or another this thread is so extreme in either direction that there could be some absolute gold in here in a couple of years time. I think he needs to improve in one of either two areas  - finishing or assists. If he can add goals he will be brilliant for us.

I wonder what Kevin Phillips is up to these days? Any chance he could come in and work with Maddison and Gray on their finishing as he seemed to help Vardy a lot when he was a coach here.

Top post. Without Phillips I don’t think Vardy would have become the striker he was and is. 

This valuation adds to my point in another thread, Maddison is over rated, yes he has potential, but because he’s young and English, people rave on with 100 million valuations, and talk like he’s hit his full potential.

Yes he could be the next big, but he could never reach what people believe he could be, he’s not a gazza, beckham, or pogba just yet, he needs to find consistency and end product on a regular basis, but like gray he just might not fulfill what people think he can.

I don’t think Maddison is over-rated at all. He’s a top young player who is still coming to terms with the demands of the Premiership. 

And added to that, don’t forget there’s a massive amount of pressure put on him cos in our team he’s the main ‘play maker’

I think he’s exceptional.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

This valuation adds to my point in another thread, Maddison is over rated, yes he has potential, but because he’s young and English, people rave on with 100 million valuations, and talk like he’s hit his full potential.

Yes he could be the next big, but he could never reach what people believe he could be, he’s not a gazza, beckham, or pogba just yet, he needs to find consistency and end product on a regular basis, but like gray he just might not fulfill what people think he can.

He may not fulfill his potential but hes already streets ahead of Gray. I think your comparison is a little off.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's only worth what someone will pay for him.

And aint no one spunking 100 miillion quid on the lad just yet I feel!

To get anywhere close to that he'd have to double his goals and assists output from last season, and even then it's highly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To get anywhere close to that he'd have to double his goals and assists output from last season, and even then it's highly unlikely.

Not really tbh. 

He'd just need someone at United to get a bee in their bonnet about him for... reasons. 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He may not fulfill his potential but hes already streets ahead of Gray. I think your comparison is a little off.

Yes maybe, but it was only a couple of seasons ago that gray was rumoured at 25 to 50 mill, and how crazy the money has gone if it was now it would be 80 or 90 mill.

Maddison is ahead of gray in respect of ball retention and pass completions, but both have poor end product, and to be fair I think gray has been shut out by Rodgers 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Totally agree

He looks a good player at times but nowhere to be seen at others, is being kept out of the England squad by some players you wouldn't pay 50 for and still has a lot to learn.

Do not get me wrong I have a very high opinion of him and do I think he can get there in a few years quite possibly he's young, English and has premier league experience now so wouldn't even need to be that good in relative terms to have a sky high price tag but he is not there yet.

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Yes maybe, but it was only a couple of seasons ago that gray was rumoured at 25 to 50 mill, and how crazy the money has gone if it was now it would be 80 or 90 mill.

Maddison is ahead of gray in respect of ball retention and pass completions, but both have poor end product, and to be fair I think gray has been shut out by Rodgers 

My comment was not aimed at a price it was purely on potential and ability.

Prices on here are a joke Mahrez was 90m and people would have took 50/60m for Maguire. How wrong people were. All it would need is for Maddison to slam in a request and any figure is out the window.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Totally agree

He looks a good player at times but nowhere to be seen at others, is being kept out of the England squad by some players you wouldn't pay 50 for and still has a lot to learn.

Do not get me wrong I have a very high opinion of him and do I think he can get there in a few years quite possibly he's young, English and has premier league experience now so wouldn't even need to be that good in relative terms to have a sky high price tag but he is not there yet.

I think Madison's form is more to do with being pushed out wide than himself.

He looks lost on the wing but cant think of a bad game when playing central.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I think Madison's form is more to do with being pushed out wide than himself.

He looks lost on the wing but cant think of a bad game when playing central.

Bad is not the world I'd use but there are certainly games he has had minimal involvement in last season and he was playing centrally

Although I agree he should be playing in the middle.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think Maddison is over-rated at all. He’s a top young player who is still coming to terms with the demands of the Premiership. 

And added to that, don’t forget there’s a massive amount of pressure put on him cos in our team he’s the main ‘play maker’

I think he’s exceptional.

Lest we forget he's just a kid in football terms who's showing great promise. As you rightly say, he's a top young player as are a few of ours. Mention has been made of Beckham, Pogba and Gazza for Christ's sake, why? How good were they at his age? Why are we judging him against the perceived by some, best ever young players from the past, he is who he is and will mature at his own rate physically,  emotionally and football wise over the next 2 or 3 years, I think to judge someone 2 games into their second season is harsh in the extreme. He may never hit those heights but still turn out to be one of the better young players that have journeyed through our club. I think some people need to take a dose of realty juice and remember that we're Leicester City and not Real Madrid. If he was anywhere as near as good as some people think he should be at this age,  he wouldn't even be here! I hope the likes of him Chilwell and others never read these pages as they are often rated either world beaters or shite on the same page. You could forgive them for thinking some of the comments were from Forest supporters. So many comments seem more about a posters claim to be seen as a football oracle judging by some extreme comments. Let's just try and enjoy them whilst we've got them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not really tbh. 

He'd just need someone at United to get a bee in their bonnet about him for... reasons. 

They are the only team who’d go north of £65m, because they are nuts... but even they aren’t going above £85m unless he does something fairly special.

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Exactly, look at Hazard doing it for all those years and it took Real until the final year of his contract before being willing to pay that sort of money for him - and that’s a completely different level 

Many clubs would have bought hazard if Chelsea would have been prepared to sell him ........

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They are the only team who’d go north of £65m, because they are nuts... but even they aren’t going above £85m unless he does something fairly special.

I was making a joke at their expensive more than making any sensible point about Maddison tbh. 

• Like 1