Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Brighton & Hove Albion (A) Saturday 23rd November 3pm

6 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Feels like a real lack of interest in this one. Selling very slowly and not much chat.

I know it's a mission to get to but it's not a bad away day. Easy to get around Brighton and it has some decent pubs. Obviously easy to get back to London for a night out too.

Should be one we target for a win too.

One reason maybe for slowness of sales is ‘Shit Seat Syndrome’. 

I’ve been waiting since they originally went on sale to buy, as the home club state selling order, and so often they sell the worst blocks first. The first decent block has just gone on sale so it might start to pick up a bit.

Distance apart, Brighton is a decent away day imo. 

Edited by Drew Peacock

37 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I’ve been waiting since they originally went on sale to buy, as the home club state selling order, and so often they sell the worst blocks first. The first decent block has just gone on sale so it might start to pick up a bit.

Agreed.  I've been waiting all day for block S1D to open!.

Brighton away is the BEST away day in my opinion.    Seaside town, loads of great pubs in Brighton (and Lewes), excellent away end behind the goal, fast service at the refreshment bars (which are open after the match), station 5 minutes away, friendly home fans, and padded seats to sit down before the match (and at half time).   What's not to like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Agreed.  I've been waiting all day for block S1D to open!.

Brighton away is the BEST away day in my opinion.    Seaside town, loads of great pubs in Brighton (and Lewes), excellent away end behind the goal, fast service at the refreshment bars (which are open after the match), station 5 minutes away, friendly home fans, and padded seats to sit down before the match (and at half time).   What's not to like?

Plus the train fair is included in the match ticket to and from Brighton. However after the match it is pain to get a train back, the queue for such a small station is never ending. Unless your in a hurry I'd recommend leaving extra early or staying back that little longer letting the big crowds go.

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yeh think you might be right. Half that block has gone very quickly. 

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Plus the train fair is included in the match ticket to and from Brighton. However after the match it is pain to get a train back, the queue for such a small station is never ending. Unless your in a hurry I'd recommend leaving extra early or staying back that little longer letting the big crowds go.

I've been once and the queue wasn't too bad, but that was when the stadium had a smaller capacity.

Any know of the likelihood of me being able to make the 17.48 train from Brighton Station if I get the train from Falmer?

On 15/10/2019 at 10:31, BrummieFOX said:

Feels like a real lack of interest in this one. Selling very slowly and not much chat.

I know it's a mission to get to but it's not a bad away day. Easy to get around Brighton and it has some decent pubs. Obviously easy to get back to London for a night out too.

Should be one we target for a win too.

About 230 tickets left, bought 3 this morning, I’m presuming when these go blocks B and F will open ?

12 hours ago, Ricey said:

I've been once and the queue wasn't too bad, but that was when the stadium had a smaller capacity.

Any know of the likelihood of me being able to make the 17.48 train from Brighton Station if I get the train from Falmer?

I'd say, that is a bit tight.

Assuming no delays, there is supposed to be a train leaving Falmer 17.30 arriving Brighton 17.40

Bearing in mind the queues for a 30,000 crowd ... i would say 17.30 is too tight to call.   

If it was a rubbish game and 10,000 home fans have left early ... then you would probably have a decent chance of getting that train.  Otherwise, it's a definite maybe.

13 hours ago, Ricey said:

I would recommend leaving ten minutes before the end if going for that, normally there's a train around every 15 minutes back to Brighton. However they only let so many on the platform at a time, I don't think the station was designed to handle for footy crowds. Last time we went which was April of last year, we left in injury time... once we joined the queue it was case of a twenty minute wait to even get on to the platform. 

Sorry, I've just put my brain in gear and can remember more details ...

Last season (Nov 2018), we left at full time, walked briskly to the station, and were able to catch the 17.10 train back to Brighton.   

it ended 1-1 and there were 30,000 there.   I checked the BBC website and the game had 45+4 mins in the first half, and 90+5 in the second half ... so it was a typical finish time.

I think it's better than it used to be, as so many home fans leave early (as they do at most grounds these days) to "beat the queues".   Which means it's now better, for those staying till the end.

As per my above comments, you can never rely on trains .. but on balance, I'd say you would have a decent chance of catching the 17.30 out from Falmer, and hence a 17.48 from Brighton.

Edited by worth_the_wait