Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sheffield people using east Midlands airport

On 27/10/2019 at 11:11, DennisNedry said:

Bewildering to me how these kind of (albeit jokey) comments are allowed, but say anything of the sort about about people from a different country, or with a different skin colour or religion, and you'd be arrested for hate crimes.

Get over it snowflake. 

• Like 3

Whoops, what have I started? :ph34r:

It was just comical that they thought they could blend in with the home fans when they looked so Yorkshire-y and the pouring boiling drinks over the balcony by the others was scummy behaviour - the police should have used a Kettling tactic on them!

On 27/10/2019 at 07:11, DennisNedry said:

Bewildering to me how these kind of (albeit jokey) comments are allowed, but say anything of the sort about about people from a different country, or with a different skin colour or religion, and you'd be arrested for hate crimes.

calm down snowflake.

On 28/10/2019 at 14:55, Finnegan said:

Manchester is quite possibly the worst airport I've ever used and I've been to Stanstead and Luton so that's saying something. 

How is it possible to be worse than Luton?

Last time I was there the queue for security was an hour because the people sitting reviewing the bags were so incompetent that 80% of the bags were going for searches. The staff searching them were also huge *****.

Vile place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Last time I was there the queue for security was an hour because the people sitting reviewing the bags were so incompetent that 80% of the bags were going for searches. The staff searching them were also huge *****.

Vile place.

almost missed my last flight because of this just at Luton really annoying one person is checking all the bags being diverted at the pace of a slug 

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Vile place.

Last time I flew from Luton, about 2 years ago, my bag got taken aside to be checked. Stood around for about 10 minutes with my bag in front of me, no one said anything, and I just picked it up and walked off as normal, completely unchallenged. It wasnt even particularly busy. I obviously knew I didnt have anything bad in there, but it left me feeling a bit nervous that I was able to do that.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

When you’re abroad and looking for the uk flight boarding queues their usually quite easy to spot

They’re the ones that look like a queue for an audition for the Jeremy Kyle show 

😝 I avoid English people at all costs whilst away “where are you from?”what do you do for a living?” No thanks, I’ll gladly be mistaken for a Dutchman or a German (happens often) I recently went to El Cotillo on Fuerteventura a beautiful place, hardly any English there, took a trip into Corralejo and regretted it immediately, full English breakfasts, Elvis tributes etc not for me, each to their own I suppose but I like to enjoy a foreign experience whilst on holiday not recreate a home from home in the sun. 

On 28/10/2019 at 14:55, Finnegan said:

Manchester is quite possibly the worst airport I've ever used and I've been to Stanstead and Luton so that's saying something. 

Depends on the terminal, one of them is wretched but one is alright.

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Vile place.

Would agree but last time I used Luton it was actually alright. Flight was at 10am but the place was deserted and the concourse is much better now they've extended it.

It was always hell any time I'd used it before that mind, though Stansted is the absolute worst of the lot.

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

Last time I flew from Luton, about 2 years ago, my bag got taken aside to be checked. Stood around for about 10 minutes with my bag in front of me, no one said anything, and I just picked it up and walked off as normal, completely unchallenged. It wasnt even particularly busy. I obviously knew I didnt have anything bad in there, but it left me feeling a bit nervous that I was able to do that.

Yeah that’s shocking. I had to wait to the side for 20 mins for my bag to be searched only for the bloke searching it to challenge me to a bet saying I had liquids in my bag. He found I didn’t so emptied the whole thing out, put it in a tray, put it to the back of the queue and sent it back through the scanner and left my shit everywhere. I can’t say I was happy.

13 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

😝 I avoid English people at all costs whilst away “where are you from?”what do you do for a living?” No thanks, I’ll gladly be mistaken for a Dutchman or a German (happens often) I recently went to El Cotillo on Fuerteventura a beautiful place, hardly any English there, took a trip into Corralejo and regretted it immediately, full English breakfasts, Elvis tributes etc not for me, each to their own I suppose but I like to enjoy a foreign experience whilst on holiday not recreate a home from home in the sun. 

Nobody on this planet wants to make small talk with Mark Lawrenson anyway so I wouldn’t worry about it. 

14 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

When you’re abroad and looking for the uk flight boarding queues their usually quite easy to spot

They’re the ones that look like a queue for an audition for the Jeremy Kyle show 

13 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Also, it’s hard to avoid English people when you’re boarding a flight that’s returning to England, isn’t it. Thanks for your holiday memoirs though :whistle:

East Midlands and Birmingham are on a par - I’d say they’re pretty good. I used to fly out of them weekly at one time.

Belfast George Best used to be horrendous when they were renovating it. It improved though. Frequently used it to commute back and forth. I just gave up in the end and booked myself into a hotel in Northern Island for 6 months. 

True story, we had a conference for around 1,000 people in America shortly after 9/11. Someone thought it would be a good idea to hand out penknives amongst other souvenirs. Everyone that flew back out of Washington was searched. They had these big bowls showing what had been confiscated. We must have slowed the down something rotten ......

Some places I’ve been like Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Jordan etc .....I didn’t even get searched before I got onto the aeroplane. Somewhat scary!!! 

I always found Paris, Berlin, Vegas, Edinborough, Stockholm, Manchester and Gatwick the worst.

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Also, it’s hard to avoid English people when you’re boarding a flight that’s returning to England, isn’t it. Thanks for your holiday memoirs though :whistle:

No it’s actually impossible, but it’s a price worth paying.

Thanks 😊 I’ve got plenty more if you’re keen 🏖 

• Haha 1