Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sheffield people using east Midlands airport

Just read a comment on another thread referring to pointy features and molten steel burns carried by the denizens of the South Yorkshire city. And it reminded me of a bugbear of mine - that lot at East Midlands.

Complete pain in the arse. Common. Loud. Unable to comprehend bag check in etiquette and security procedure. Poorly dressed. Pale. Drink too much. And then when on 'tut plane', nervous flyers bewildered by the whole experience. 

Citizens of Sheffield*. Please piss off and form your own airport, please

*Vardy is allowed though.

• Haha 2

Because it's the closest decent airport to us. Manchester is more of a pain to get to.

You southerners have always been afraid of our drinking, dress sense and paleness.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Bewildering to me how these kind of (albeit jokey) comments are allowed, but say anything of the sort about about people from a different country, or with a different skin colour or religion, and you'd be arrested for hate crimes.

Why, what kind of (albeit jokey) comments about other nationalities/ethnicities/religions are you keen to be allowed to say without having your collar felt?

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Why, what kind of (albeit jokey) comments about other nationalities/ethnicities/religions are you keen to be allowed to say without having your collar felt?

I'm just saying either neither, or both, should be acceptable. 

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Because it's the closest decent airport to us. Manchester is more of a pain to get to.

You southerners have always been afraid of our drinking, dress sense and paleness.

Get yer own airport!

• Haha 1

I had the misfortune of using EM airport last year. What a dump the place is. Overcrowded nowhere to sit down & relax, nowhere decent to go and have something to eat. Shops overpriced (£2.40 for a bottle of water)  endless queues when trying to get through security. 

Would rather go from BHX every single time if possible. The in-laws used Doncaster Sheffield airport a couple of years ago and they raved about how clean, easy and quick it was. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I had the misfortune of using EM airport last year. What a dump the place is. Overcrowded nowhere to sit down & relax, nowhere decent to go and have something to eat. Shops overpriced (£2.40 for a bottle of water)  endless queues when trying to get through security. 

Would rather go from BHX every single time if possible. The in-laws used Doncaster Sheffield airport a couple of years ago and they raved about how clean, easy and quick it was. 

EMA isn't my favourite airport. I've always felt cramped there because the waiting area is opposite the shops it's a weird layout.

16 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Robin hood Doncaster airport is clean and quick because no ****er from Sheffield uses it

The only thing I like about east midlands airport is that it has a smoking area after security. Other than that, shit.

I flew from there a couple years ago as a group and we sat in the downstairs bar because upstairs was rammed. We were the only people in there and they were setting up for some interview/advert thing. They asked if our group would split up to make it look busier and add atmosphere.