Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

37 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Meh, he ducked one interview.  Corbyn has ducked your call on Radio 5 among others.  He should have done it, but it but one point.  If Boris wins we don't have capital flight on Friday :)

I'm not voting for either of them, they both promise to harm the nation in one way or another so I can't justify backing either one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

(1) So when the experts say this will actually hurt all taxpayers, including the poorest, you ignore it? Why are we only listening to experts now in certain situations and when they agree with our political views?  The Labour manifesto is ridiculous, it's debatable whether they would even be able to raise the bond yields to even try it.

(2) I mean some of the manifesto doesn't even go close to helping people, drivers subsidising the richest train passengers in the country, free tuition fees which comfortably benefit those outside of the working class, the WAASPI women payments. - It's mainly a giant bung to the middle classes.

(3) Ironically it's the working class voting Labour now that are being completely conned, not the other way around.

(1) Yes, because again, they'd be lucky to implement half the manifesto in five years. 

(2) Taking certain policies into isolation is pointless and unrepresentative. A straw man doesn't help your case here.

(3) We're all entitled our opinions Matt, I respectfully disagree.

On another note, you mentioned being disgusted at the thought Boris wouldn't go on Andrew Neil a while ago, how you feeling about that now? I haven't heard you mention it since?

44 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Meh, he ducked one interview.  Corbyn has ducked your call on Radio 5 among others.  He should have done it, but it but one point.  If Boris wins we don't have capital flight on Friday :)

Corbyn has ducked LBC as well, promised them he would do an interview and hasn't.

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

On another note, you mentioned being disgusted at the thought Boris wouldn't go on Andrew Neil a while ago, how you feeling about that now? I haven't heard you mention it since?

Still disgusted to be honest, shameless.

If Labour had a moderate leader and a minority group wouldn't flee the country if Corbyn won I would be abstaining

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

You know you've ****ed up when Alf is mad at you. lol

Have a look at my second, longer post about Dowd (with quite funny quotes, I think).

The bloke sounds like a complete waster who should never have been in parliament in the first place. :D

Just now, MattP said:

Still disgusted to be honest, shameless.

If Labour had a moderate leader and a minority group wouldn't flee the country if Corbyn won I would be abstaining

Fair enough Matt, why do you think he delayed the Russia Report?

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ask the Tories, considering the IFS said exactly the same about theirs. 

Absolutely laughable that Labour are going to be beaten by some clown, whose entire campaign is going around the country saying "get Brexit done" and crashing through pretend walls in JCB's. 

This is what we've come to. Politicians have always been sleazy liars, at least they had the common decency to try and hide it. Now it's just lie, cheat, pay for "fake news" adverts, employ Russian bots and sock puppet accounts, with cheap stunts and videos galore. All out in the open and barely even trying to hide it, and people lap it up!

:(

I agree, but the fact they're going to be elected says a lot about the opposition too. BoJo isn't popular, neither are the conservatives, but there isn't an alternative which is better for the majority of voters.

4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Have a look at my second, longer post about Dowd (with quite funny quotes, I think).

The bloke sounds like a complete waster who should never have been in parliament in the first place. :D

Jesus. How can you have been an mp for 25 years and accomplished absolutely nothing? And people wonder why the masses are losing faith in politicians lol

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ask the Tories, considering the IFS said exactly the same about theirs. 

Absolutely laughable that Labour are going to be beaten by some clown, whose entire campaign is going around the country saying "get Brexit done" and crashing through pretend walls in JCB's. 

This is what we've come to. Politicians have always been sleazy liars, at least they had the common decency to try and hide it. Now it's just lie, cheat, pay for "fake news" adverts, employ Russian bots and sock puppet accounts, with cheap stunts and videos galore. All out in the open and barely even trying to hide it, and people lap it up!

:(

Tories not credible becuase they promise not to increase income tax at all.  Perfectly possible if they did a small increase.  Labour on the other hand not possible at all :)

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Labour protest mobs shouting and chucking stuff at him would be a very bad look.  Perhaps the PM should be able to campaign without the threat of being milkshaked?

perhaps the PM shouldn't be such a cu nt, but we can't have it all 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MattP said:

What's absolutely laughable, in fact not laughable, disgraceful - is that 35% of our population are prepared to elect to office a party riddled with so much racism they have become the first party since the BNP to be investigated by the ECHR, with a leader who has campaigned for bombers of a Jewish charity stall to be released from prison, has associated with holocaust deniers, some of the worst terrorist groups in the World and has taken the side of opposition to the West in every conflict since he has been involved in politics.

Whatever you think of Boris, and he is a cowardly idiot, there is no justification for electing this mob to govern. None at all.

(And Boris isn't very good either, as any decent politician would wipe the floor with Corbyn despite his litany of bribes, not be clinging on with a day to go to a slim majority)

I dislike both parties immensely at the moment, and won't vote for either. My issues are with this new style of Trump politics, it's beyond and joke and into the realms of the down right scary and there is only one party doing that. I'd rather have someone in charge, who whilst being a bit of an idiot and misguided, isn't entering into the type of politics I've mentioned. 

Frankly even bringing up racism, when "water melon smile", "piccaninny", "letterbox" Johnson is on your side is a bit glass house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ah yes the left view of free speech.  Can't argue your point so shout everyone down instead.

what was your point? that everyone should be nice to poor old boris? well my "argument" against that point is that he should stop being such a cu nt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I dislike both parties immensely at the moment, and won't vote for either. My issues are with this new style of Trump politics, it's beyond and joke and into the realms of the down right scary and there is only one party doing that. I'd rather have someone in charge, who whilst being a bit of an idiot and misguided, isn't entering into the type of politics I've mentioned. 

Frankly even bringing up racism, when "water melon smile", "piccaninny", "letterbox" Johnson is on your side is a bit glass house.

Nah its not Boris is stupid and should never have used such language bit when he campaigns for people who have massacres Muslims to be released its comparable.

I don't like the campaigning either, but that's the World now.

Some of Labour's has been terrible as well - telling cancer patients they were going to get a bill for their treatment among the lowest points.

31 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Jesus. How can you have been an mp for 25 years and accomplished absolutely nothing? And people wonder why the masses are losing faith in politicians lol

Easy, he hasn't wanted to do anything. He's been sat there raking it in for 25 years while doing pretty much nothing. However, if he (or was) keeps being elected he must be doing something right

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

On 30/10/2019 at 01:04, peach0000 said:

Genuinely really conflicted. On wider policy I would really like a Labour or Lib Dem government as I believe they would do a lot of good for the country. However I simply cannot vote for a party that will rip up the result of a referendum on the patronising opinion that the country didn't know what they were voting for. Realistically it will be a spoiled ballot from me unless an independent takes my fancy.

I voted leave, on the basis that the parties would be sensible. Ideally I wanted a customs union to protect trade and jobs. The complete mess May and Boris (who sabotaged all May’s attempts)have made show that no one had any idea what mad agreements they would make, certainly not theDUP. The only sensible way forward is to agree terms with the EU and then let the population vote if they still want to leave or remain. This time with actual facts to go on, not the lies put out by Farage, Boris and Cummings.