Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

If exit polls are right it’s a Tory landslide. This implies that there really isn’t any change of heart from people regarding Brexit, so obviously it has to be done.

I’m going to look on the positive side. Firstly the exchange rate has gone up (on the reduced uncertainty and “not Corbyn”) so I can start to move some of my stranded assets.

Secondly, perhaps Johnson won’t turn out to be the cowardly liar he appears to be. With such a big majority, he may even choose to face down some of the more rabid right wing elements, who knows.

I genuinely hope Brexit turns out to be what leavers expect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

A competent and moderate Labour leader would have annihilated Boris

I doubt they would. If they were backing remain or had a neutral position it would have been quite similar. The only hope of stopping these t***s, in retrospect, was a leave Labour sweeping up the leave votes in the North and the Lib Dems picking up the London and Southern votes Labour are getting today. Still wouldn't have been a majority.

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If exit polls are right it’s a Tory landslide. This implies that there really isn’t any change of heart from people regarding Brexit, so obviously it has to be done.

I’m going to look on the positive side. Firstly the exchange rate has gone up (on the reduced uncertainty and “not Corbyn”) so I can start to move some of my stranded assets.

Secondly, perhaps Johnson won’t turn out to be the cowardly liar he appears to be. With such a big majority, he may even choose to face down some of the more rabid right wing elements, who knows.

I genuinely hope Brexit turns out to be what leavers expect.

A fair post and it's not often I'll say that about what you post!

We're all in this together :thumbup: