Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Just now, Strokes said:

I’ve definitely trolled you guys a few times but only ones that give it hard. 
Ive probably bitten as much as I’ve handed out over the years.

Unfortunately on such polarised issues, there are only winners and losers.

Everyone’s entitled to celebrate, far too many acted surprised or slighted when they start goading others 

• Like 2

All the Brexit banter boys coming in with their goading. Top draw stuff.

Where were you when we were having intelligent discourse? Thought so.

I might not agree with them, but at least my boys @MattP and @Jon the Hat have discussed the issues at hand eloquently throughout whilst standing by their convictions, and then haven't come in here acting like total fvcking cocks when the exit polls came in.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

All the Brexit banter boys coming in with their goading. Top draw stuff.

Where were you when we were having intelligent discourse? Thought so.

I might not agree with them, but at least my boys @MattP and @Jon the Hat have discussed the issues at hand eloquently throughout whilst standing by their convictions, and then haven't come in here acting like total fvcking cocks when the results came in. 

Precisely this

Huw reads out a tweet from Ian Murray about Corbyn to blame in his constituency after speaking to 11,000 people for losing the election.

Asks Kate Hoey, who is obviously not the biggest fan of Corbyn to say the least, 'are you surprised by the strength of that?' 

Well, duh. Obviously not. She's gonna agree 100% lol 

1 minute ago, steveherbe said:

Yeah, you're probably right, I' m just delighted Labour and the Lib Dems have been smashed. Let's just get this great country back on track. Apologies for my earlier euphoria.

Well done mate, nothing so far has been achieved on Brexit or domestically, but the only change is you look somewhat of a fool.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huw reads out a tweet from Ian Murray about Corbyn to blame in his constituency after speaking to 11,000 people for losing the election.

Asks Kate Hoey, who is obviously not the biggest fan of Corbyn to say the least, 'are you surprised by the strength of that?' 

Well, duh. Obviously not. She's gonna agree 100% lol 

I thought she hit the nail on the head to be honest.

McDonnell at fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I thought she hit the nail on the head to be honest.

McDonnell at fault.

I meant more that it's a tweet lambasting Corbyn and it's no surprise that Hoey is not going to be surprised that that's the case given her stance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Yeah, you're probably right, I' m just delighted Labour and the Lib Dems have been smashed. Let's just get this great country back on track. Apologies for my earlier euphoria.

I'm no Corbyn or Swinson fan, but you say get this country back on track, you do realise the party looking likely to win has been in some form of power of the last nine years. If the country is off track, they've taken us off it.

• Like 3

Just now, Strokes said:

It’s way too soon for her surely? She’s only been an mp for like 4-5 years?

Trump was President with zero years experience :ph34r: 

But yes you do have a point, we’ll see in the coming weeks what happens in the Labour Party 

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

**** that nonsense. I've spent the last 3 years getting dogs abuse, being told I'm racist, the country have changed their minds, all the old folk are dying out bla bla bla. 

I'm allowed to revel in some much needed lefty humility for 24 hours. Cheers. 

Too right. A lot of leavers on here started off as posters making reasonable points and yet they were given abuse. You can't cry when you get some back:D

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Just now, Facecloth said:

I'm no Corbyn or Swinson fan, but you say get this country back on track, you do realise the party looking likely to win has been in some form of power of the last nine years. If the country is off track, they've taken us off it.

5 years coalition. 4 years brexit infighting on a tight majority dwindling day by day. This is very much different if predictied numbers are correct.

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Well done mate, nothing so far has been achieved on Brexit or domestically, but the only change is you look somewhat of a fool.

No, the only fools on here are the ones that supported Commie Corbyn or delusional Swinson. We'll see what Boris can do, meantime we have a Premier League to win 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

No, the only fools on here are the ones that supported Commie Corbyn or delusional Swinson. We'll see what Boris can do, meantime we have a Premier League to win 😁

Off you trot to the football forum petal, your level of discourse belongs there :thumbup:

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

5 years coalition. 4 years brexit infighting on a tight majority dwindling day by day. This is very much different if predictied numbers are correct.

This is the problem though - how long do we get these excuses? Why is it still other people's fault?

They had a majority after 2015 - its disingenuous to characterise it as 4 years Brexit infighting. If there was instability, they must have caused it.

• Like 2