Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Most of the Russian funding the Tories get isn't exactly from the Putin friendly oligarchs - as for the alleged interference, that's exactly what it is - alleged. I still don't for one minute seriously think a single vote was changed because of a Russian bot and again, if you are so concerned about foreign interference why don't you make a song about Obama who did it openly. 

But again, this is only a valid comparison if you have exactly the same opinion of Putin and Obama. I think Putin wants to undermine European liberal democracy and weaken the UK, and I think people underestimate how dangerous this is.

People take sides, it's inevitable. I'm pro-West, not pro-Russia or China, so obviously I'm going to worry more about the Russians and Chinese interfering in the UK's democracy than the Americans. 

59 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

They did, but look who's at the helm now -

Boris from (the electoral law breaking) Leave EU.

Gove - Who has failed to give evidence to the DCMS committee about his knowledge of breaking electoral law during the ref campaign .

and Dominic Cummings who is literally in contempt of parliament.

Boris was part of Vote Leave, not Leave.EU - that was the insurgent campaign ran by Banks, Tice,  Farage etc

If you are going to accuse people of these things you've got to be accurate. 

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Boris was part of Vote Leave, not Leave.EU - that was the insurgent campaign ran by Banks, Tice,  Farage etc

If you are going to accuse people of these things you've got to be accurate. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Point still stands though.

Edit - Also, I'm not accusing him, i'm stating fact.

Edited by FerrisBueller
Extra info.

10 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Point still stands though.

Edit - Also, I'm not accusing him, i'm stating fact.

But it's not fact, Boris was not part of leave.eu.

For balance as well let's again say that the Remain campaign also broke electoral law - https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/95175/fresh-fines-remain-campaigners-after-referendum-expenses

1 minute ago, MattP said:

But it's not fact, Boris was not part of leave.eu.

For balance as well let's again say that the Remain campaign also broke electoral law - https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/95175/fresh-fines-remain-campaigners-after-referendum-expenses

As i said above, i stand corrected, I picked the wrong group. (Even though Leave EU have also been charged for breaking electoral law) :whistle:

That's fine, I accept that, doesn't make it right though does it.

Just more evidence we need another referendum, ran properly this time.

54 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I do like listening to Emma Barnett on R5L and Newsnight. 

She doesn’t take any bullshit and keeps the politicians on the hook. 

Just what is needed with those slippery eels. 

This was almost bizarre earlier today. 

Another "momentum" candidate.

This is what happens when apologies become totally meaningless.

Anna Soubry with a cracking effort into the "misrepresentation stakes" as well with her video of a" leaver" who now wants to remain.

Unfortunately he didn't clear his Twitter account which shows him at the time of the referendum campaigning for remain.

This is weird story, Corbyn has upset the Indians now.

Comes under 'foreign interference as well"

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-indian-nationalist-party-bjp-supporters-to-campaign-in-uk-against-labour-11854965

Supporters of India's governing nationalist party the BJP will be actively campaigning for Conservative Party candidates against the Labour Party during the general election.

The group, known as the Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP) will be targeting 48 marginal seats during the campaign, and believe the British Indian vote in these constituencies could swing the election.

Kuldeep Singh Shekhawat, the president of the group, told The Times of India that they were campaigning against the Labour Party for its perceived criticism of India regarding the Kashmir conflict.

If he does become PM will we have a mates left in the World aside from ones who hates Jews?

Edited by MattP

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

If he does become PM will we have a mates left in the World aside from ones who hates Jews?

Probably not. We're already a laughing stock after Brexit. I doubt voting in Corbyn would change that. 

Edited by bovril

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not that weird considering BJP are a right-wing party?

They're hardly bound to support Labour as they are these days.

It's pretty weird for a foreign party to actively campaign against an individual in a different country for meddling in their own affairs back home.

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I do like listening to Emma Barnett on R5L and Newsnight. 

She doesn’t take any bullshit and keeps the politicians on the hook. 

Just what is needed with those slippery eels. 

Only found her recently - think she's great. Ballsy, bright and fair(ish)

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50341292?__twitter_impression=true surely we deserve better candidates and politicians. It seems both the main parties are trying their hardest to derail themselves.

I've always believed countries get the politicians they deserve. Although I'm not sure quite what we've done to deserve this shower. 

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I might add that I also dislike Trump sticking his oar in our Election, and I think he didn't do Boris any favours by talking to Farage the other day.

While I agree wholeheartedly, is there really much of a difference between a leading foreign politician (whoever they are) seeking to influence the political process (seemingly not okay) and parties unknown from other places using social media and other technological methods in an attempt to influence the political process (seemingly okay)?

That seems a mite inconsistent.

• Haha 1