Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

3 interesting constituency-level polls from London: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/16/election-2019-london-polls-show-lib-dem-surge

Show the Tories narrowly ahead in all three (they hold Finchley & Wimbledon now, Kensington was a surprise Labour win in 2017),

But the Lib Dems are not far behind - and would take all 3 seats if Lab voters voted tactically, as they say they would.

Doesn't work the other way round, though - LD voters wouldn't vote tactically in sufficient numbers to give the seats to Labour (though they might do elsewhere).

31 minutes ago, HappyHamza said:

Depressing that 50% of our nation apparently has **** for brains.

But then we discovered that the total is 52% back in 2016.

But only 28% are voting for Labour!

A labour voter who thinks Brexit is a bad idea for the economy and jobs and then votes for the Labour party?!!? 

Only one percentage with excrement for brains there...at least the other one is consistent in their thinking 

45 minutes ago, Beechey said:

... that's not the way to win people over to your side of the argument.

I'm well aware of that my friend. 

But this isnt a reasoned discussion where people enter with an open mind, seek truth and then determine their response, is it?

Nobody changes their mind on anything any more. 

They enter with mind made up and will excuse anything by that side whilst continually pointing at straw men or character flaws on the other. 

It's depressing but there you are.  That's modern Britain. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But only 28% are voting for Labour!

A labour voter who thinks Brexit is a bad idea for the economy and jobs and then votes for the Labour party?!!? 

Only one percentage with excrement for brains there...at least the other one is consistent in their thinking 

You think the financial crisis was caused by a small deficit.  You haven't got a clue.

47 minutes ago, HappyHamza said:

But this isnt a reasoned discussion where people enter with an open mind, seek truth and then determine their response, is it?

They enter with mind made up and will excuse anything by that side whilst continually pointing at straw men or character flaws on the other. 

I'm willing to change Hamza, but no one has convinced me why i shouldn't vote for the BNP

10 hours ago, Beechey said:

Looks sustained from all of these poll results. Labour better be thinking of doing something beyond "here is free stuff".

Free dentist now today, God knows what it will be by the end of the campaign lol

Their slogan should be "Free everything for everyone, all the time" 

Desperate and depressing stuff.

11 hours ago, HappyHamza said:

That’s the spirit :thumbup:

Polarisation is what it is, it's more obvious now in the UK and in other places than it used to be and I think it's possible to accept that while at the same time having the self-awareness that you yourself are polarised on some issues and are therefore contributing to the problem.

52 minutes ago, MattP said:

Free dentist now today, God knows what it will be by the end of the campaign lol

Their slogan should be "Free everything for everyone, all the time" 

Desperate and depressing stuff.

To be fair, the Tories are promising "spend, spend, spend" too, and neither they nor Labour are giving any clue as to how they intend to finance it.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Watching Marr this morning has further highlighted how much I cannot stand Dominic Raab.  One minute, he's telling us there will be compromise and then the next he's telling us we will have full control of our fisheries over "the Europeans".  Can't stand him.

Shock!

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That could sway me.....

I find you staggering sometimes....

( (c) Izzy)

14 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

My vote goes to free beer

There was a group named Free Beer years ago, so their posters would list the date, venue and "Free Beer".

Just seemed topical to mention it.... :dunno:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, deep blue said:

To be fair, the Tories are promising "spend, spend, spend" too, and neither they nor Labour are giving any clue as to how they intend to finance it.

Very fair point. Probably the biggest flaw in democracy is it can lead to this.

Shout out to the Green party as well for managing to double the amount Labour are promising, hilarious stuff from that dippy bird this morning on Ridge. 

13 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

3 interesting constituency-level polls from London: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/16/election-2019-london-polls-show-lib-dem-surge

Show the Tories narrowly ahead in all three (they hold Finchley & Wimbledon now, Kensington was a surprise Labour win in 2017),

But the Lib Dems are not far behind - and would take all 3 seats if Lab voters voted tactically, as they say they would.

Doesn't work the other way round, though - LD voters wouldn't vote tactically in sufficient numbers to give the seats to Labour (though they might do elsewhere).

The Lib Dems polling is quite bizarre - seems to be dropping nationally but doing very well in certain seats.

It's starting to look like the Tory vote will be around 40% - which will surely be enough to give them the majority barring something strange happening.