Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

On 07/11/2019 at 12:53, HighPeakFox said:

Why do people keep repeating this blatant untruth? 

Because it feels like that. I know stats can likely disprove it, but as mich as I am enjoying all this, underneath im still an old leicester fan, and disappointment is something we were habitually best served by preparing for the worst.

Ie. The last time i thought things can only get better, 9 players got arrested for rape, and i learned that things can ALWAYS get worse, and with us, usually in ways you never dreamt possible.

On the flip side, our highs are also higher than everyone elses.

(Lcfc are the footballing equivalent of learning to deal woth depression, but middle ground is boring. Give me the rollercoaster any day of the week)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Now that Ozil has realised that this the best gig he is ever going to get , he and Auba and Lacazette are a pretty handy threesome . If our defence can shut them out then top four will look increasingly likely

Glad Popeye is going to play.. Lazy and won't bother to track back to help their shite defence! 

Arsenal conceded 25 shots at home to Wolves last match. That tells me this is a team that is disjointed and not playing for it's manager. 

The consensus is that Emery will get the sack if he loses to us. If the Arsenal players have no faith in their manager they may only play at 95% subconsciously, I expect us to be a much better cohesive and motivated unit and put these to the sword.  

On 07/11/2019 at 13:34, StriderHiryu said:

Passing out from the back was one of the best things Puel did. If you compare Leicester to Arsenal and Man United we can actually do it, and have been doing it for some time. I know a lot of people complain about it when it leads to mistakes and / or we just punt it anyway, but there are plenty of times it works incredibly well, such as chances against Liverpool and Palace from beating the opponent's press by passing it out. 

Structurally Puel also set the team up well in terms of positioning off the ball. This is why we were a mid-table side, because we did the basics quite well.

What Rodgers has done is change the sideways slow football that ironically Man U and Arsenal are now producing for faster more vertical passing between the lines, and higher aggression and intensity in the final third to turnover the ball higher up the pitch. We also play in a way quite similar to Man City and Pep's Barcelona team in that we shift teams from side to side in the final third to isolate a player for a one or one or shooting opportunity. Best example of that was Perez's second goal versus Southampton. He won the ball back, it gets played horizontally all the way over to Chilwell, and then all the way back over again for Perez to score. All at pace and with quality.

Anyway Puel has been discussed to death, but this Leicester side is a joy to behold because it can almost do it all!
- Tight at the back

- Can play it out from the back / beat the press.

- Goalkeeper doesn't crap himself when receiving a back pass, but still very good in the air / shot stopper.

- Brilliant holding player / 6 to win the ball, stop counter attacks quickly.

- Technical attacking midfielders that can play, assist and score.

- World class front man

- Can press as a team

- Massive threat on the break

The only area you could say we could improve in is a better goal contribution from wide areas. E.g. imagine we had Mane / Salah / Sane / Mahrez / Sterling, etc? If we had players like that the team we would probably be title contenders. But our wingers can improve over time so no need to give up yet, e.g. look at Salah when he signed for Chelsea compared to the version we see today.

Ran out of rep points in my excitement for tomorrow so....

a-man-gives-a-giant-thumbs-up-to-the-camera-E9F1N3.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Anyone else really nervous about this game? I am confident that we can get a win but lord the importance of it in the race for the top four. Not felt this way about a game for a long time...

A little mate if we where away I'd be worried, but we are home we should do these 

Actually nervous for this one. Everything tells me in our current form this should be

a walk. That is the problem. Because of the pressure they have been under and with rumours of Emery on the chopping block I feel they will have nothing to lose and play freely. Worried that one of their strikers will get a goal and they will sit on it. Something telling me they could be a caged animal and we may be a little too confident. Nervous one this but still going for a Leicester win. Narrowly though. 

7 hours ago, dormelcfc said:

Anyone else really nervous about this game? I am confident that we can get a win but lord the importance of it in the race for the top four. Not felt this way about a game for a long time...

Yes . I don’t like being favourite against top sides even those in a slump. We were tipped to beat Man U and that went well . Could be a 1-1 as the Arse like draw 

They are dangerous going forward, but worse teams than us, worse teams defensively than us, have kept them quiet. We just have to play our own game, don't go into it like we did at Old Trafford, go to impose ourselves and win it.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They are dangerous going forward, but worse teams than us, worse teams defensively than us, have kept them quite. We just have to play our own game, don't go into it like we did at Old Trafford, go to impose ourselves and win it.

We weren't quite at place...perhaps we need a new thread - 'can we keep them quite?'

:P

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Because it feels like that. I know stats can likely disprove it, but as mich as I am enjoying all this, underneath im still an old leicester fan, and disappointment is something we were habitually best served by preparing for the worst.

Ie. The last time i thought things can only get better, 9 players got arrested for rape, and i learned that things can ALWAYS get worse, and with us, usually in ways you never dreamt possible.

On the flip side, our highs are also higher than everyone elses.

(Lcfc are the footballing equivalent of learning to deal woth depression, but middle ground is boring. Give me the rollercoaster any day of the week)

• Like 1