Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

I'm deeply worried about the ref being Chris Kavanagh. Our record with him reffing is appalling (70% loss rate), he's already fecked us over against Liverpool, he loves to make awful decisions against us (Ndidi sending off against Brighton), and he was basically the whole reason we lost against Arsenal away last year. Ignored the Holding handball, ignored about 6 or 7 blatant yellow card fouls, Arsenal should have been down to 9 men before half time. This guy is absolute bottom tier stuff, sitting with Pawson as just about the worst of all the refs in the league. Makes Moss and Mike Dean look good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I genuinely think today is won in the middle of the pitch. If we boss the midfield battle and cut the supply to their attack then we will go a long way to winning the game. 

Arsenal's attack on paper is brilliant, but it's if they can link up and get firing. 

Spot on. And that is where if our magic three show up, we are better then them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

its rare for us to have a six pointer this early on in the season usually over the years its at the other end of the table.

If we play anything like we are capable of which we seem to be doing week in week out then we should blow them over, they played on Thursday as well so will be feeling it and its not a happy camp.

All we have to do is turn up and continue in the same fashion as the last few weeks and we should win and go 9 points clear of them.

Very few players we’ll be seeing played on Thursday.

I hate being favorites for this, it doesn't sit comfortably with me. All the pundits expecting us to win this feels weird.

Much prefer when we're the underdog with no pressure but I guess it comes with the territory when you're doing well!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I'm deeply worried about the ref being Chris Kavanagh. Our record with him reffing is appalling (70% loss rate), he's already fecked us over against Liverpool, he loves to make awful decisions against us (Ndidi sending off against Brighton), and he was basically the whole reason we lost against Arsenal away last year. Ignored the Holding handball, ignored about 6 or 7 blatant yellow card fouls, Arsenal should have been down to 9 men before half time. This guy is absolute bottom tier stuff, sitting with Pawson as just about the worst of all the refs in the league. Makes Moss and Mike Dean look good.

Thank **** for VAR then today

• Like 2

3 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Get on at him from the start, the refarees a willy puller for 90 mins might make him think? 

Nah prolly not.