Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

Arse's attack is as good as anyone's in the league so I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet.. But we'll outscore them. 

3-2 win. 

What are you talking about?

Currently there are 5 teams with better attacks than Arsenal.

I sincerely hope you don't bet, you cannot predict even after the fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treer said:

What are you talking about?

Currently there are 5 teams with better attacks than Arsenal.

I sincerely hope you don't bet, you cannot predict even after the fact.

What a strange reaction. 

(Oh, and they’ve only failed to score in one competitive match all season)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Always good to get the view from the other side so trawled a couple of Arsenal forums on their pre match take on things. Their tone is very downbeat with most expecting a bit of a hiding, one even quipped 10-0. They definitely have a thing for Vardy, something of the rejected lover about it. there is also a lot of stick for their manager hoping that a defeat will bring about his departure. Some are also saying this game will define their season

From our viewpoint we don't tend to do too well against Arsenal and seeing this is a genuine 6 pointer so long as we don't loose then I'll be a happy bunny.

9 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Always good to get the view from the other side so trawled a couple of Arsenal forums on their pre match take on things. Their tone is very downbeat with most expecting a bit of a hiding, one even quipped 10-0. They definitely have a thing for Vardy, something of the rejected lover about it. there is also a lot of stick for their manager hoping that a defeat will bring about his departure. Some are also saying this game will define their season

From our viewpoint we don't tend to do too well against Arsenal and seeing this is a genuine 6 pointer so long as we don't loose then I'll be a happy bunny.

Over the years there has definitely something of a bogey team feel with them, however in our last two home games against them we have beaten them convincingly. This deffo is a six pointer though simply due to the gap that we would open up over them if we get a result here.  If we do them over properly I do think it may well signal the end of the road for Emery though, he has that aura of dead man walking about him at the moment.

On 06/11/2019 at 22:58, Deeg67 said:

If our players were getting as stupidly overconfident as some of our fans seem to be, I’d say a hiding from Arsenal might be the best thing for the team in the long run.  Fortunately I very much doubt they are.

We have every reason to feel this way and our comments will not affect the outcome one bit.

Enjoy the ride chap, let BRod worry about keeping their feet on the ground.

21 hours ago, KFS said:

That’s a decent team if firing. People need to realise that this is a huge test.

It's really not though. That centre back pairing is woeful, Bellerin can't defend, Ozil literally can only jog, Pepe has only scored from a dead ball so far, Aubamayang is not a winger and will not track back. Mate we will have a field day. 

On current form we are better than Arsenal, we are at home and should win. That’s why we are favourites.

But let’s not kid ourselves that this is going to be a walk in the park. A win would be gargantuan in terms of the season’s prospects, but it won’t come easy; we are going to have to produce another top-notch performance to earn it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Over the years there has definitely something of a bogey team feel with them, however in our last two home games against them we have beaten them convincingly. 

They have been down to ten men in both of them though. We really should beat these but our record against Arse is just so so appalling and not just recently either. One of the reasons we need to beat them is that defeat away to them is a near certainty so this is our only realistic chance to take points off them.

17 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

They have been down to ten men in both of them though. We really should beat these but our record against Arse is just so so appalling and not just recently either. One of the reasons we need to beat them is that defeat away to them is a near certainty so this is our only realistic chance to take points off them.

Just thinking exactly the same myself. Other than these 2 wins I reckon we haven't beaten them for about 95 years (or did Glover and Stringfellow score in a win in the early 70's ?)!! Looking at their likely defence / midfield I can't see them finishing the game with 11 men again!

Luiz, papadopoulos, chambers, kolasinac, Torreia and Gwenda Oozy will not be able to live with the pace of Vardy, Barnes and Ricky or the running of Ayoze, Youri or Madders.

"9 man Arsenal thrashed by Leicester"

Edited by SuperMike
Hyperbole!

Guest An Sionnach

Now that Ozil has realised that this the best gig he is ever going to get , he and Auba and Lacazette are a pretty handy threesome . If our defence can shut them out then top four will look increasingly likely

We've beaten the top 6 sides before since promotion but this is surely the best place we have been in pre-match facing any one of them. Everyone expects us to win which is rare.

Our PL home record against Arsenal isn't bad at all but mainly a lot of draws before the last 2 wins. We overwhelmed them last year but they might decide to be less attack minded for this one. 

Their attack is good and the best we will face so far (Liverpool aside) but we have the better of it in the other areas so Vardy on song would tilt the balance our way.

Looking forward to this. Saturday night games are 50/50 for us over the years but I'd be confident of 3 points.

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

No must win here other than we must win in order to stop the media and rival fans claiming we cant beat anyone of note! 

Expecting a more difficult game than neutrals predicting. 

2-1 city

Yes but when we do, all the talk will be of how rsenal are in crisis rather than how brilliant we have been. In a way that suits us, the more we stay a little bit under the radar the less of a scalp we become for others.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 12:49, Dahnsouff said:

So who are Arsenal likely to start with in midfield?

Xhaka is essentially in exile. 

Ceballos is injured.

So that means

Guendouzi and Torrera in the middle unless they unleash the OZIL I guess

Along with Pepe on the wing?

Them gunners reckon it will be

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Pepe
Torreira - Guendouzi
Tierney - Luiz - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

I like guendouzi. (Granted, it's in the same way i used to like the odd player from a shit team in league 1, thinking "he could do a job", but nevertheless, I like him)