Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

I'm nervous as everyone has us winning comfortably against a traditional top 6 side. The last time it was like this was against Man United where people thought we would turn up and get the three points.

I'm sure this wont be the case, but we must play with the same intensity that we have been playing with the last few games. Quick tempo and run them ragged with our possession. If we do that and not take them lightly we win.

• Like 2

Can you imagine if we get an early goal or two.  I think their heads would drop big time, the fans would get right on their backs (and the managers).  The ingredients are all there today for them to get a hiding if we get the lead in the first ten minutes or so.

There's now way we won't be up for this. Rodgers will drill in to them that this is a defining game of the season in terms of staying put in the top 4.  

• Like 1

This will be a tough game. Echoes to preparation for us against Man Utd too much for my liking, although at least we’re at home for this one.  Should keep the same starting XI from Southampton and Palace.

I hope we use this as motivation for the lads... wouldn’t want to see this again on Twitter/Instagram etc...

D50C6210-8C05-42E5-ABF5-E1FB2C0E340D.jpeg

Edited by car1os

11 minutes ago, car1os said:

This will be a tough game. Echoes to preparation for us against Man Utd too much for my liking, although at least we’re at home for this one.  Should keep the same starting XI from Southampton and Palace.

I hope we use this as motivation for the lads... wouldn’t want to see this again on Twitter/Instagram etc...

D50C6210-8C05-42E5-ABF5-E1FB2C0E340D.jpeg

Apparently Ozil's crippled hand has eventually healed, its taken a long time, but he may be back for today.

Not felt this nervous for a game since 15/16 probably. Huge, huge game and would be a massive statement to the rest of the top 4. 

Don’t like this “will be an easy win” stuff given that they are a traditional top 6 side and their front 2 can hurt us. 

2-1 for me though, we are all behind you city :scarf:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Impressed with Melchiot…. He clearly identified how Vardy has developed his game under Brendan…

Good insightful pundits do exist!

Yep so much for “Vardy can only play in a counter attacking team!”

He’s proving on a weekly basis he’s an all round striker and one of the best in the business. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep so much for “Vardy can only play in a counter attacking team!”

He’s proving on a weekly basis he’s an all round striker and one of the best in the business. 

He has one job…. Just one job

Hold up play - NO

Run the channels - NO

Fill in, in the midfield -NO

Get in and around the box to receive the pass to run or slide on to and score goals…. Lots of goals - THATS YOUR JOB

Well that and press high up and help out to defend corners :D

He has really evolved…. It’s quite remarkable really!

40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We'll get stuffed.. 0-4.

Nice try, but I think our cockiness has now become enshrined. Fully expect a full time moony from Piers Morgan in the center circle :surrender:

I think they will go for the four pronged attack of Pepe, Auba, Lacazette and Ozil. Which has the potential to be very good. Our defence need to be on it today and I think they will. What we are doing under Brendan is improving with each bit of experience.

We need to start from the first minute and if we do, we can beat these. We match, if not better them, player for player all over the pitch. Believe it boys and get the win. Really really up for this - which scares me haha.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think they will go for the four pronged attack of Pepe, Auba, Lacazette and Ozil. Which has the potential to be very good. Our defence need to be on it today and I think they will. What we are doing under Brendan is improving with each bit of experience.

We need to start from the first minute and if we do, we can beat these. We match, if not better them, player for player all over the pitch. Believe it boys and get the win. Really really up for this - which scares me haha.

I genuinely think today is won in the middle of the pitch. If we boss the midfield battle and cut the supply to their attack then we will go a long way to winning the game. 

Arsenal's attack on paper is brilliant, but it's if they can link up and get firing. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dormelcfc said:

Anyone else really nervous about this game? I am confident that we can get a win but lord the importance of it in the race for the top four. Not felt this way about a game for a long time...

First thing I thought of when I woke up which tells me what a big game this is. It's also been never far from my mind in the last few days. 

a win today would be massive and CL football would be ours to lose. 

its rare for us to have a six pointer this early on in the season usually over the years its at the other end of the table.

If we play anything like we are capable of which we seem to be doing week in week out then we should blow them over, they played on Thursday as well so will be feeling it and its not a happy camp.

All we have to do is turn up and continue in the same fashion as the last few weeks and we should win and go 9 points clear of them.