Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

So who are Arsenal likely to start with in midfield?

Xhaka is essentially in exile. 

Ceballos is injured.

So that means

Guendouzi and Torrera in the middle unless they unleash the OZIL I guess

Along with Pepe on the wing?

Them gunners reckon it will be

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Pepe
Torreira - Guendouzi
Tierney - Luiz - Sokratis - Bellerin
Leno

Edited by Dahnsouff

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why do people keep repeating this blatant untruth? 

Most likely because it doesn't matter which football fan you talk to - everyone thinks their club is "ever obliging".  A couple of my mates support Birmingham City, Derby, Chelsea, and Bristol City and ALL of them think their teams are the most obliging. 

Just football fan mentality i suppose.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ceballos is injured.

So that means

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Pepe
Torreira - Guendouzi
Leno

That's not a bad side in fairness is it. Whatever we think of or the rights and wrongs of his behaviour, Ozil is a very dangerous player in a game such as this. He's probably the difference between Lacazette or Aubameyang scoring. I don't think is going to be straight forward but we have very good reason to feel reasonably confident. 

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why do people keep repeating this blatant untruth? 

7 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Most likely because it doesn't matter which football fan you talk to - everyone thinks their club is "ever obliging".  A couple of my mates support Birmingham City, Derby, Chelsea, and Bristol City and ALL of them think their teams are the most obliging. 

Just football fan mentality i suppose.

If ever Leicester concede a goal in the last few minutes to draw or lose my Mum will say "typical Leicester" as if every other side always holds out in the last five minutes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

That's not a bad side in fairness is it. Whatever we think of or the rights and wrongs of his behaviour, Ozil is a very dangerous player in a game such as this. He's probably the difference between Lacazette or Aubameyang scoring. I don't think is going to be straight forward but we have very good reason to feel reasonably confident. 

Agreed. People need to remember this. Arsenal have been dog crap of late, but their personnel is beyond questions largely. Individuals they have, a team they do not. 

BUT

If it clicked, even for one game, we could be in for a tough afternoon.

Still think we will win, but no chickens are currently being counted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If ever Leicester concede a goal in the last few minutes to draw or lose my Mum will say "typical Leicester" as if every other side always holds out in the last five minutes. 

So it's almost like a superstition, only spoken of before or when it happens, and conveniently ignored on the most frequent occurrence, which is when it doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Rodgers: “We go out to play our football, because that’s when you’re at your best. Sometimes the opponent can push back. But we have to push our opponent. Our intent is to impose our game, which is based on being aggressive

Nice.... Hamza to start then!

2 hours ago, KFS said:

That’s a decent team if firing. People need to realise that this is a huge test.

It really isn’t IMO. Aubamayang(sp) and Lacazette are dangerous but apart from that they aren’t anything special. Praet who can’t get in our first XI would walk into that midfield.

Torriera and Gendouzi don’t contain Maddison and Tielemans, especially when supporting their fullbacks dealing with our 4 wide men. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

charlie nicholas said in his predictions article that "you can definitely get at this leicester defence". joint best defence in the country. fu cking worm. 

His predictions and reasoning actually make Paul Merson's look logical and he just a team is a bag of Revels every week.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agreed. People need to remember this. Arsenal have been dog crap of late, but their personnel is beyond questions largely. Individuals they have, a team they do not. 

BUT

If it clicked, even for one game, we could be in for a tough afternoon.

Still think we will win, but no chickens are currently being counted.

The only way that happens is if we don't show up in terms of intensity and performance.

I remember all the doom and gloomers on here before we went to Southhampton:plancque:Ozil 350,000 a week:appl:

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ceballos is injured.

So that means

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Pepe
Torreira - Guendouzi
Leno

If that’s the team our wingers and fullbacks will pen their fullbacks in and can’t see much in the way of protection from auba and pepe. 

Stick wilf on Ozil who won’t track back when we have it 

their centre mids can run about but that’s it and less said about their centre backs the better.

we got this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Way too cocky...lol

Arsenal have a puncher's chance against any opponent.  With their attacking options they can always land haymakers, and while they're weak defensively you still have to execute to exploit it.  On paper we should win, but there's no room for a letdown - not against this opponent.

• Like 1