Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

Is it definitely 5:31 and not 3:01? Also I’ve just emailed Union FS and was wondering if these tickets are being sold to under 16’s? My kids are now the age that my Dad first let me go from the front of the old main stand or the double decker into the Kop at Filbo and I’d love to take my kids out of the family stand for just the odd match. 

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Is it definitely 5:31 and not 3:01? Also I’ve just emailed Union FS and was wondering if these tickets are being sold to under 16’s? My kids are now the age that my Dad first let me go from the front of the old main stand or the double decker into the Kop at Filbo and I’d love to take my kids out of the family stand for just the odd match. 

Dont see why not mate. Drop them an email- [email protected]

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

What’s the issue with playing them both at the same time? 

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

29 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Don't see what it's got to do with Leicestershire Cricket Club, are they playing as well?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

Exactly what I said. 

10 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Don't see what it's got to do with Leicestershire Cricket Club, are they playing as well?

Dont be a silly sausage

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Ever since Tigers expanded Welford Road, Leicestershire Popo say we can't play at home at the same time, so thems the rules.

19 hours ago, Ashley said:

There's no way the club will accept it behind closed doors and lose out on revenue, can't play it n Friday as we're at Newcastle two days before. Sunday at 2pm wouldn't be too bad.

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's no way the club will accept it behind closed doors and lose out on revenue, can't play it n Friday as we're at Newcastle two days before. Sunday at 2pm wouldn't be too bad.

I think the week after is League Cup semi final should we get through... 

On 7 December 2019 at 22:26, Aus Fox said:

If true, the issue could be if there was a major incident on the day, not just at either game but somewhere else and the emergency services would be stretched with dealing with that plus the two games that are on albeit at staggered times.

Maximum crowd of 40k but not all in the same venue so not the same as a 40k stadia.

Had it before at the speedway where a rider has needed to go to the hospital, the match couldn't carry on as there wasn't another ambulance there to cover for another crash or member of the public falling ill.

That's my guess.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:58, Ashley said:

In fairness to the Tigers, their game is a pre-planned home league fixture against Bristol Bears. So they have every right to keep the fixture at Sat 1500 ko.  

Saturday afternoon KO is the best chance of a decent crowd for them, so in fairness, why should they move their fixture?

On a positive note, a full day of sport is available if so inclined.  1500 @ the Tigers and then a 15 minute walk to the KP for the FA Cup match @ 1731

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

In fairness to the Tigers, their game is a pre-planned home league fixture against Bristol Bears. So they have every right to keep the fixture at Sat 1500 ko.  

Saturday afternoon KO is the best chance of a decent crowd for them, so in fairness, why should they move their fixture?

On a positive note, a full day of sport is available if so inclined.  1500 @ the Tigers and then a 15 minute walk to the KP for the FA Cup match @ 1731

Our issue is complicated given the fact we play on the Wednesday before and we won't know until the 18th December whether we play the midweek after in the League Cup semi-final and what day that might be on. We can't leave it too late to change.

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Although if you look at sk1 the whole rear section is blocked out. Only front is available.

Has there been a change if plan @Union FS

To get a ticket in this section (blocked out one) you must contact the group for the code which then allows you to purchase once inputted on the clubs wesbite in the block.

• Like 1