Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

Guest Markyblue

Great idea good luck lads. Feel sorry for people who never experienced a packed kop at filbo and the noise and atmosphere that went with it. 

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Will this be located at the front of the KOP? 

No mate, the area we negotiated is the back half of the main block of SK2. Directly behind the goal was our aim however the club wanted to keep that block on general sale. 

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Union FS said:

No mate, the area we negotiated is the back half of the main block of SK2. Directly behind the goal was our aim however the club wanted to keep that block on general sale. 

I would hope with the ground expansion,  the club will be open and interested in getting this sort of singing section full time, and much larger.

17 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Good idea guys

When will these tickets go on sale? And can I buy more than one?

Hi mate, ST holders can buy at the start of this week, members next week. Not sure on general sale. It's one per reference in the singing section unfortunately. 

If you fancy it drop us an email and we can let you know the process to get your tickets. 

Fair play for your efforts but seems a bit of a half arsed attempt by the club to appease those fans who do want to work on the atmosphere. Given that the game is against a struggling Championship side, is very early in the competition, and the kick off time isn't the best, an allocation of 600 seats which I'm guessing is what UFS roughly have for most games doesn't indicate to me that they're fully bought into the idea. 

I'd think that this game would be the perfect opportunity for the club to experiment with the idea by allocating a full stand or even several blocks as a minimum to a singing section in a what is a relatively low risk game, so it's a shame that only 600 seats have been set aside for this. 

For those involved with UFS - Out of interest how many seats were requested initially when you proposed the idea to the club? 

4 hours ago, Union FS said:

Following positive discussions with the club we have secured a reserved singing section in the Kop for the FA Cup fixture with Wigan. 

See further details below. Please share with follow fans you feel may be interested in securing a spot in this area, everyone will need to follow the outlined process to secure a ticket.

Hopefully you'll be joining us in backing the lads on the road to Wembley! 

UFS

IMG_20191206_185018.jpg

What's the difference between this and what you lads normally do at the back of SK1?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

What's the difference between this and what you lads normally do at the back of SK1?

I’m guessing they just want to be able to attract more fans, inviting everyone who wants to stand and sing to the same area. As where they currently are in SK1 they can’t expand until the ground capacity increases.  

In terms of what they’ll do during the game though I imagine it’s just the same as normal. Sing your heart out for 90 minutes. But hopefully with a lot more people.

• Like 4