Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Maybe but as the regular ufs guys were towards the front of the section. Looking at the back of black jackets for 90 mins seems a waste.

That's about communication and planning.  I may enjoy singing and may also like sitting down.  And by the rules we are expected to be seated, it would seem a common sense to create a standing, singing area.

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

That's about communication and planning.  I may enjoy singing and may also like sitting down.  And by the rules we are expected to be seated, it would seem a common sense to create a standing, singing area.

Thats as maybe but why sit down if you cant see **** all. I spoke to ufs and managed to do a seat swap and get tickets back row. So my lad could stand on his seat and therefore see. Sitting down watching nothing seems a waste.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Thats as maybe but why sit down if you cant see **** all. I spoke to ufs and managed to do a seat swap and get tickets back row. So my lad could stand on his seat and therefore see. Sitting down watching nothing seems a waste.

I don't disagree, my point is why not make it a standing area, that way anyone who wants to sit doesn't get disappointed.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek

I could hear everyone from the family stand. 

Best chant of the night though was Wigan. 

You must be shit you've only scored 1 goal. 

Made me chuckle, least they have a sense of humour being bottom of the championship. 

Speaking as someone who had many years of season tickets in pen 1/2 at Filbo and then season tickets in the Kop at the Walkers/King Power but then has spent the past 12 years in the family stand due to having children I thoroughly enjoyed my time back in the Kop today. Well done and thank you to all involved in Union FS. It’s hard to tell how the atmosphere traveled around the stadium but it sounded banging being part of it! 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bert said:

Looked good from the family stand and quite loud. 

I also sat in the Family Stand near the corner flag with the West Stand but couldn't hear a thing. I could see everyone bouncing around and it was quite obvious they were singing but just couldn't hear it. The acoustics in our stadium are shite.

Either that or I need my ears syringed.

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't disagree, my point is why not make it a standing area, that way anyone who wants to sit doesn't get disappointed.

Under the current legislation stipulating all-seater stadiums this would be illegal but at the same time there seems to be very little political will to actually enforce the law as written. Informal standing areas are popping up around the PL - most notably at the new Spurs stadium where they installed rails in their kop in front of the regular seats in preparation for any potential legislation change but it immediately turned into a de facto standing section even though strictly speaking legally it is a seated section. You can see it here from about 0:24.

As someone that was in the singing section tonight it was a lot of fun, it was like an away atmosphere at home which was great. Dunno how the sound carried but it sounded loud from in the section - we didn't hear a peep from the Wigan support apart from their goal so I dunno if they were quiet all game or it was too loud where we were. A lot of fun nonetheless and something that the club needs to embrace more of - especially if they're going ahead with stadium expansion.

Edited by squarez

Now that this was clearly a success it really needs to be petitioned to the club properly before the inevitable moaners get at the club saying ‘oh they took ours seats and we wanted to sit blah blah blah’

Club need to know that this is what the majority of people want and that the club is not exclusive to the ‘older generation’ who seem to be so active in making it all about them ie. the pensioners club at away games who think they rule the roost 

Guest bss9401
On 03/01/2020 at 16:05, bss9401 said:

Good luck to all concerned with this. I spent games in my youth in Pen 2/3 and loved it. I am hoping to see the section bouncing (literally) and a good consistent WYS with the hand waving at the end.

I will not be in the section for this one but would like to if it is repeated in the future.

I am also hoping that it is so good that the TV cameras show the section whilst it's in full swing (I know that it's not on live but it would be great to see it later in highlights).

Congratulations to you all for your efforts, it looks to me like it was a success and well worth all the hard work. This is so exciting and I hope that it's received in the same way by those who matter, especially for when it's proposed again in future games.

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

My daughter and I relocated for this and absolutely loved it. I'd almost forgotten how much more enjoyable it is to be able to stand all game, and it also really showed me how quiet my usual seat is. We didn't stop singing for the whole game, it was great and put a shine on what was a pretty mediocre performance. 

We had to briefly move out of the way of the banner when the players came out which was no big deal, the lad who asked me was really polite and probably thought we were there by accident!

I'd love to see some pics if anyone has any please? 

We're definitely relocating our season tickets next year 😊

I think you must have been just in front of me. 

I can vouch that you and your daughter didn't stop singing and looked to be having a great time - it was brilliant to see. 

It seems to have come cross well - Contratulations to the UFS lads they did a great job.

It took me back to standing in Pens 2/3 and Crazy Kop Corner all those years ago and feeling part of the game. My lad also loved it.  

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

Guest Markyblue
5 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Now that this was clearly a success it really needs to be petitioned to the club properly before the inevitable moaners get at the club saying ‘oh they took ours seats and we wanted to sit blah blah blah’

Club need to know that this is what the majority of people want and that the club is not exclusive to the ‘older generation’ who seem to be so active in making it all about them ie. the pensioners club at away games who think they rule the roost 

The singing section is an absolute must. Well done ufs for the efforts to try to set this up. Please don't make this an age thing I'm an old pen 2 kopite and still sing along. Many of them pensioners were probably kopites themselves and have earned the right to follow the club home and away.  There's room for everyone with common sense planning. 

8 hours ago, pds said:

I also sat in the Family Stand near the corner flag with the West Stand but couldn't hear a thing. I could see everyone bouncing around and it was quite obvious they were singing but just couldn't hear it. The acoustics in our stadium are shite.

Either that or I need my ears syringed.

Get to see the ear nurse because I heard it on the Telly in Spain and I’m 1500 miles away 😂

• Haha 1