Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Maguire was a decent player for us and never slagged us off whilst at the club or after he left, why do you feel the need to abuse him?

He literally told the club he wanted to leave. Either you’re with us or you’re not and he chose not to be so he deserves all the stick that comes his way (as decent a bloke as he may seem).

Unfortunately for him you can’t tell LCFC you want out, in pursuit of a move to a club that quite clearly only had more money as an attraction at that moment in time, and maintain the affection of the club’s fans.

• Sad 1

Guest bss9401

Good luck to all concerned with this. I spent games in my youth in Pen 2/3 and loved it. I am hoping to see the section bouncing (literally) and a good consistent WYS with the hand waving at the end.

I will not be in the section for this one but would like to if it is repeated in the future.

I am also hoping that it is so good that the TV cameras show the section whilst it's in full swing (I know that it's not on live but it would be great to see it later in highlights).

11 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Good luck to all concerned with this. I spent games in my youth in Pen 2/3 and loved it. I am hoping to see the section bouncing (literally) and a good consistent WYS with the hand waving at the end.

I will not be in the section for this one but would like to if it is repeated in the future.

I am also hoping that it is so good that the TV cameras show the section whilst it's in full swing (I know that it's not on live but it would be great to see it later in highlights).

Agree with this. I'm also a veteran of the Filbert St pens so will be envious of those with the energy to do this. Have a good 'un. Hope it' s a massive success :thumbup: :scarf::appl: :jump:

I've heard that Mr Umlaut himself will, just before being substituted on 60 minutes tomorrow, will remove his shorts and silk thong in the Turkish national colours, and will run around the 4 corners of the ground, to either irrevocably confirm or refute the allegations made in the song. 

You'll have to wait and see. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Could you imagine seeing hundreds or thousands of fans stood there with a sheet of a4 paper singing songs,

they will look like a load of choir boys🤦‍♂️

Russell, we can have a quick scan in the concourse first to familiarise ourselves, fold it up and tuck it in the back pocket , then discreetly pull it out if you don't remember the song??? 

Edited by Gwyn

On 03/01/2020 at 11:37, majaco said:

I like Maguire.  I think someone should come up with better words.  I was attracted by the half-rhyme of turn and turd.  

Makes attackers look absurd?

Can't really see absurd in a football chant

Or possibly,

"...and his hair would suit a nice perm,

Caglaaaar Soyuncu!"

🤣

As someone who relocated for this game I thought it went well, union fs lads are a credit to the club for organising stuff like this and singing non stop all game. Only problem was you could tell some people were sat in the singing section inadvertently (perhaps when it went on general sale the club could have put another warning out when purchasing tickets in that area).

I hope by being more central in the kop union fs got more people singing than usual. 

How did the atmosphere sound on tv?

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 2

Was really looking forward to this. 

Get to my seat, atmosphere building nicely pre-match and then the game starts. 

What do I hear? 

SIT DOWN. SIT DOOOWWWNNN!

Couldn’t be arsed with the aggro so I decided to just sit. And yes, I know that doesn’t stop me singing but we all know it’s not the same when you’re sat on your arse in the cold. 

I honestly give up. This fan base is broken beyond repair. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

As someone who relocated for this game I thought it went well, union fs lads are a credit to the club for organising stuff like this and singing non stop all game. Only problem was you could tell some people were sat in the singing section inadvertently (perhaps when it went on general sale the club could have put another warning out when purchasing tickets in that area).

I hope by being more central in the kop union fs got more people singing than usual. 

How did the atmosphere sound on tv?

I listened on RL and it sounded really good. It was mentioned by the commentators several times and that it stirred the rest of the crowd into joining in.

:thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Was really looking forward to this. 

Get to my seat, atmosphere building nicely pre-match and then the game starts. 

What do I hear? 

SIT DOWN. SIT DOOOWWWNNN!

Couldn’t be arsed with the aggro so I decided to just sit. And yes, I know that doesn’t stop me singing but we all know it’s not the same when you’re sat on your arse in the cold. 

I honestly give up. This fan base is broken beyond repair. 

By stewards or other fans?