Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

44 minutes ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-can-attempt-lunge-signing-player-already-given-approval-pl-move/

Late on Friday, RMC Sport stated Chelsea have reached a verbal agreement with Leicester City to sign Wesley Fofana.

A few hours before this report surfaced, we carried a claim from TuttoMercatoWeb, who said Brendan Rodgers has Merih Demiral in mind to replace the Frenchman.

It was also stated Leicester will need a great offer to take the defender from Atalanta. TMW’s claim is backed up by other outlets in Italy.

Quotidiano has a short update on the Turkey international, who is on the Foxes’ radar. It’s said the Premier League side could ‘attempt a lunge’ to sign him if Fofana were to leave the King Power Stadium.

Leicester’s interest in the former Juventus man is also discussed by La Repubblica. They state the 24-year-old is identified as the ‘heir’ to Fofana.

With the Frenchman’s imminent move to Chelsea for in excess of €80m, Rodgers’ side have probed the Atalanta centre-back. Demiral, for his part, has ‘already given his approval’ to make a switch to the Premier League.

It’s now down to Leicester to find an agreement with Atalanta, if they want to carry out the Serie A defender’s signing.

Am I missing something? He's signed permanently for Atalanta this window.

https://www.atalanta.it/en/news/atalanta-have-activated-their-buy-option-for-demiral/

Just now, Bilo said:

Demiral would be a solid signing, but would he have any will to come to us?

I guess we'll probably pay more than Atalanta. There's the lure of the EPL too. It's a lazy trope but he may well be mates with Cags too.

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I guess we'll probably pay more than Atalanta. There's the lure of the EPL too. It's a lazy trope but he may well be mates with Cags too.

The Premier League is still a draw for pretty much this reason and the enormous exposure the league enjoys, hence why German, French and Italian clubs outside of the truly massive institutions habitually lose players even to midtable sides.

Union Berlin lost their top scorer to Notts Forest this summer, and they're playing Europa League football this season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Following a season on loan

Wouldn’t be the first time a team makes a loan permanent and then sells the player on for a profit

I thought there were rules about how many clubs a player can be registered for in a single window?

Edited by indierich06

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I thought their were rules about how many clubs a player can be registered for in a single window?

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Can we even sign a player who has just moved to a new club?! I thought there was a minimum of 6 months that had to be honoured? 

I believe the only limit is that they can only be registered for up to 3 teams in a season, and can only play for 2 teams in that same period

No different really to when a team signs a player and then loans them out - still gets registered to another team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Can we even sign a player who has just moved to a new club?! I thought there was a minimum of 6 months that had to be honoured? 

Just can’t play for more than two clubs a year. So seeming he was on loan at Atalanta it would be fine as he hasn’t played for Juventus in that time. It happens a fair bit on the continent that players loans are made permanent because of a low clause then they are immediately sold for profit, sometimes on the same day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny280995 said:

This guy likes his red cards

Hasn't had a straight red in club football since he was back in Turkey in 18/19

Last time he received 2 yellows in a game of club football was in 20/21

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1