Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The guy is keeping De Ligt out of the team, he isn't coming here.

The view from Italy is that apparently the directors want De Ligt to be playing, that they view him as the future more than Demiral and that Demiral wants to leave to guarantee himself long term first team football. 

Could obviously be bollocks but it wouldn't surprise me if he's sold. 

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Agreed, But if he's as good as he seems, 50 Mil doesn't sound too stupid if he's keeping an 80 mil player out of the team.

He's young with a full career ahead of him, If we can get him now in it seems a good deal all round. We'd be set for a long time with Evans , Cags ,Demiral.

With the 3 of them not costing what we got for Maguire.

and thats a decision that needs to be made, do we make that sort of investment. i think the way football is at the minute, thats not an unrealistic figure for a club like us. you dont get much for less than £30 million these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The guy is keeping De Ligt out of the team, he isn't coming here.

Not quite, more like Bonnucci is keeping de Lift out of the team, he's playing in de Ligt's preferred side of the CB duo. Just that Sarti is unwilling to play such an inexperienced duo of de Ligt and Demiral.

so if we are going to be spending 40 million ( or more it seems!) on a CB the chances are he’ll be straight in the first team. 

so are we dropping Evans? hopefully not. permanent switch to 3 at the back?!

would be interesting to see.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

so if we are going to be spending 40 million ( or more it seems!) on a CB the chances are he’ll be straight in the first team. 

so are we dropping Evans? hopefully not. permanent switch to 3 at the back?!

would be interesting to see.

i dont think its about someone replacing someone else in the starting line up, its about the sheer number of games a team that has a league, Europe and two domestic cups to play face over a season. you want to replace quality with quality when resting players. 

CL football is all well and good but you need to stay competitive across the squad. and the cups will be a key route to maintaining European football, if thats the plan, as much as i want us to finish in the top 4 every year.

just as a side note, they mentioned that wolves had already played 40 matches this season, thats with half the league season remaining, European football and the FA cup, they'll play 65 games this season. 

53 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

i dont think its about someone replacing someone else in the starting line up, its about the sheer number of games a team that has a league, Europe and two domestic cups to play face over a season. you want to replace quality with quality when resting players. 

CL football is all well and good but you need to stay competitive across the squad. and the cups will be a key route to maintaining European football, if thats the plan, as much as i want us to finish in the top 4 every year.

just as a side note, they mentioned that wolves had already played 40 matches this season, thats with half the league season remaining, European football and the FA cup, they'll play 65 games this season. 

totally get what you are saying.

However the reality is that over the course of a season someone like Vardy will have played significantly more games than iheanacho.

I understand if he’ll leave Juventus he’ll want to be more of a vardy than a Iheanacho.

10 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Call me cynical but I reckon we know we've got no chance of getting him and are "bidding" to help push the price up for Juve in return for Rugani on loan.

That’s a fair shout though I think Demiral is the ultimate target and I think a pairing with Caglar is our main attraction for him. I do think however it’ll take £40 million plus and I do think we will offer it eventually.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The view from Italy is that apparently the directors want De Ligt to be playing, that they view him as the future more than Demiral and that Demiral wants to leave to guarantee himself long term first team football. 

If the reports are true that we still haven't given up on signing him then your post makes sense. 

For us to still be showing an interest then we must be getting some encouragement from both Demiral and Juventus. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I read a report this morning claiming they want to off-load de light, think it was one of the tabloids so obviously could well just be speculation but I think it's fair to say one CB will be available from them but there's no real degree of certainty about which one is viewed to be surplus to requirements

38 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

I read a report this morning claiming they want to off-load de light, think it was one of the tabloids so obviously could well just be speculation but I think it's fair to say one CB will be available from them but there's no real degree of certainty about which one is viewed to be surplus to requirements

There's no way they sell De Ligt. 

He may have had a slow start to his Juve career but he's still seen as basically the biggest centre back prospect in Europe. He's still a good, he's terrific on the ball, he's solid defensively give or take a couple of mistakes and he's learning from the best in a league that Juve can walk while carrying a kid. 

He'll outlast Sarri whose stubbornness is one of his obstacles at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That news is a couple days old ..... since that was said, Man City have told reporters they aren’t interested in signing a CB ......apparently 

Sounds like typical Man City nonsense. They quite clearly are desperate for a good cb as they only have 1 and hes injured. But they obviously wont want to look desperate so they can try and get a good deal. I'd be amazed if they don't try and sign a centre back this window. They have arguably the best attack and midfield in the league but have a pretty weak defence. 

• Like 1