Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Surely all spent on last summer’s signings

So we have a huge amount of TV money knocking about, the training ground doesn't effect FFP and although I highly doubt Top and King Power are chuffing up for it direct, with Champions League within touching distance then spending in the short term would be pushed aggressively.

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Right team... Wrong player. ..Bid in I'm told. But not for this lad.

1 minute ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Rugani 

not sold on this boy but we are looking threadbare at the back ..... still not sure juve will sell with their current injury concerns at the back ...

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

So it it looks like we'll have to settle for Bonucci or de Ligt instead then. Chiellini too old and also currently on the injury list.

:ph34r:

On 06/01/2020 at 21:24, themightyfin said:

Err please not Rugani, Juve fans are begging him to leave, and feel quite the opposite with Demiral. Bad sign, hopefully the club look at other targets.

Edited by RoyFox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Never heard of that Alvarado! What sort of midfielder is he? Does anyone know? 

"Toolsy" 21 year-old from Mexico.  Can play either as a #10/attacking mid or a wing (where he may be better suited).  A classic flair player the Mexican system is great at developing, with modest end product so far.  Would be more of a future play than for this season IMHO, but definitely has talent. 

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

I just can't see a way we could sign Demiral. He's started 5 games on the trot for Juventus and played the full game in each.

Why would Juventus sell and why would he move here now he has broke into the team? 

I'd love him here more than anyone we've been linked with but it looks like a non starter to me. 

The player may want to be a regular starter and he may realise that won’t happen at juve once their injury crisis is over ...... however, how is he guaranteed to be a starter here (unless we have committed to three at the back) 

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

I just can't see a way we could sign Demiral. He's started 5 games on the trot for Juventus and played the full game in each.

Why would Juventus sell and why would he move here now he has broke into the team? 

I'd love him here more than anyone we've been linked with but it looks like a non starter to me. 

Seems a strange one. I wonder if he's unhappy there and asking to leave, and we are confident of having a good chance of getting him if Juve were to let him go, as he a) wants to be in the premiership and b) likes the thought of working with Cags. 

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The player may want to be a regular starter and he may realise that won’t happen at juve once their injury crisis is over ...... however, how is he guaranteed to be a starter here (unless we have committed to three at the back) 

I reckon that Soyuncu has told him he must join Leicester and nobody says no to Cags.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I reckon that Soyuncu has told him he must join Leicester and nobody says no to Cags.

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

Translation: Ghezzal/James/King/Slimani to Juventus; Demiral to Leicester. Cags will personally broker the deal.

56 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The guy is keeping De Ligt out of the team, he isn't coming here.

Mig hug be the reason why the Juve top dogs want to sell.... they’ve invested £80m into De Ligt and he isn’t playing.... by selling Demiral they will have to play him. Plus Juve now make an annual loss thanks to the financial burden that is Ronaldo, so selling him is ideal for them. But they will want to sell him for something stupid like £50m.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Mig hug be the reason why the Juve top dogs want to sell.... they’ve invested £80m into De Ligt and he isn’t playing.... by selling Demiral they will have to play him. Plus Juve now make an annual loss thanks to the financial burden that is Ronaldo, so selling him is ideal for them. But they will want to sell him for something stupid like £50m.

Yep money talks, and i think this is down to the final figure and if we meet it or get somewhere close.

22 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Yep money talks, and i think this is down to the final figure and if we meet it or get somewhere close.

Agreed, But if he's as good as he seems, 50 Mil doesn't sound too stupid if he's keeping an 80 mil player out of the team.

He's young with a full career ahead of him, If we can get him now in it seems a good deal all round. We'd be set for a long time with Evans , Cags ,Demiral.

With the 3 of them not costing what we got for Maguire.