Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Nacho Interest

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depending on how the fallout from Saturday is handled (if any) I assume the "nobody leaving" stance includes Nacho. 

Especially given the lack of other strikers. 

If they offer anywhere near what we paid I would let him go and start a fresh somewhere to be honest - January is perhaps the only window we will get anything like our money back on him as Clubs need to pay over the odds and I just am not sure if he's ever going to be the player at LCFC we hoped he might become.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If they offer anywhere near what we paid I would let him go and start a fresh somewhere to be honest - January is perhaps the only window we will get anything like our money back on him as Clubs need to pay over the odds and I just am not sure if he's ever going to be the player at LCFC we hoped he might become.

Rodgers might actually be one of the best coaches in the league at actually coaching, taking players and really improving them. This is a man that helped Daniel ****ing Sturridge look world class. 

He's timed Iheanacho's rehabilitation and reintegration in to the team to perfection, has him finally looking fit, motivated and confident and the kid scored two in two with a couple of great consecutive performances. 

If there was ever a time to not sell him its probably now. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rodgers might actually be one of the best coaches in the league at actually coaching, taking players and really improving them. This is a man that helped Daniel ****ing Sturridge look world class. 

He's timed Iheanacho's rehabilitation and reintegration in to the team to perfection, has him finally looking fit, motivated and confident and the kid scored two in two with a couple of great consecutive performances. 

If there was ever a time to not sell him its probably now. 

Perhaps.

Or perhaps its exactly now!

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Perhaps.

Or perhaps its exactly now!

:ph34r:

From a purely financial stand point it'd depend how desperate Villa are, how much money they're willing to throw and how convinced they were from that one match that Nacho is the answer. 

I'd personally imagine that most sensible scouting teams are going to need to see more proof he's turned his form around before spending 30m on him tbqh which means selling him how would be too early. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

From a purely financial stand point it'd depend how desperate Villa are, how much money they're willing to throw and how convinced they were from that one match that Nacho is the answer. 

I'd personally imagine that most sensible scouting teams are going to need to see more proof he's turned his form around before spending 30m on him tbqh which means selling him how would be too early. 

Absolutely - depends whats being offered.

I'm not out for his head or anything, just wondering if whilst he has some stock, a new start may be a good thing for all concerned.

I'm the first to have faith in BR's ability to turn young players around, just that I'm uncertain if he's a player that in all honesty if we lost in this window with Barnes, Perez and Gray all able to play in that position and considering we might bring somebody else in was simply mooting the notion that he might not ever be a first choice top six goal machine and may do well at Palace or Villa especially if we have other January targets.

If BR wants to keep him, I'm all happy with that, just a brief stream of conscious thought!

• Like 1

I'm more than happy to back BR's judgement and decision but in my experience on Betfair if you make a bad bet and then a change of events gives you a brief opportunity to get your money back then it's usually best to take that opportunity.

Iheanacho has been a poor buy over the time he has been here and with this sudden period of form it may be best to cash in whilst his stock is high as it may never be this high again, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If he's turned his form their going to need more than 30mil. Where would we get like for like  for less than 40 without taking a chance,

"better the devil you know"

I'm not against selling him. I just want to see goals for the cash. We don't score enough goals to give us the luxury of selling them to someone else.

We Are Here Now, At the door of the Champions League. Need to finish it off.

This could be interesting. I've been impressed with Nacho recently, and I think he could have a good future here. I've no doubt this is mostly down to Rodgers getting more out of him.

On the one hand, I'd like to keep him here as I think he can potentially be about as good backup for Vardy as we can realistically hope for. On the other, this could be a good opportunity for BR to get his own man in. There could be a bargain out there, or maybe another versatile forward who can play regularly out wide and score, but also be cover for Vardy. It is possible that a relegation-threatened side will be desperate for a player like Kelechi, and the club might be able to cash in to get a more useful player.

• Like 1